1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Mar 8, 2007.

1. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

So basically, I'm not allowed to say they suck... I'm suppose to agree with everyone and say "WWW, we can do it!!" Cause if I say they suck, it will be negative and "trollish". Ok... it's not negative, it's FACT. The Astros suck. Not being negative, just stating the truth.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I agree, can't say for sure Joey Harrington WON'T have a better year than Matt Schaub and vice-versa. Schaub's overall numbers "extrapolated" aren't much different than Harrington's.

Then its somewhat undecided if its the Atlanta receiving group thats been bad or if its Michael Vick himself making the receivers look like a bad group. Is it coincidence since Vick's been there they've stunk every year? The Chris Chandler years looks like the run n' shoot days compared to Vick's tenure, passing stats wise. Not saying if Vick had Andre Johnson or Roy Williams he'd make them look all look like Corey Bradford but still...I bet if they went to Atlanta their numbers would take a bigger hit than usual even for a running team and running QB.

I guess I'm saying maybe the Falcons WRs might not be as bad on paper as they appear and Harrington might get better numbers than expected. Schaub DOES have a great thing going for him in Andre Johnson to help his cause, so it'll be interesting to watch...

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There's being realistic and there's just being an ass.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Heard on the radio this morning that Jerome Mathis is actually CATCHING PASSES at an alarming rate so far this training camp. And he's not even hurt yet.

:eek:

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya...the Chron put out an article the other day about Mathis' improvement as a WR. Both Kubiak and Mathis had a lot of good things to say, hopefully he can stay healthy because we could sure use another capable receiver.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not at all. There are fans here who say they suck all the time. The problem is...you say it everytime. EVERY response you have regarding the Astros is negative. That's why you get labelled as trollish.

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

miniming has no credibility on any houston team.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And Texans.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The prospect of getting cut from the team can be a powerful motivator...

10. msn

msn Member

It is neither fact nor truth--it is your opinion, and you would do well not to confuse the two. For the record, I happen share your opinion for this year anyway. The Astros are horrible this year.

I agree with the commentary of other folks here--your posts aren't considered trollish because they have a negative opinion, they are considered trollish because that's all you *ever* say. You're also not helping yourself when you present your negative opinions as "FACT!" and "TRUTH!!"

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

oh, you mean the same Houston Rockets who haven't done anything the last 12 years?

12. BigTex

BigTex Member

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

14. BigTex

BigTex Member

i think they are rated by how good they are at their position

so daniels would have an 83 rating as a tight end and schaub an 83 as a QB

if that makes any sense

15. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

for those of you who have been to training camp, which session is the best to attend? or does it just depend?

I want to go check it out, but I don't live that close, so I don't want to drive out there and waste my time.

thanks in advance

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Earl is done for the season per ESPN.com

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And they missed out on a possible replacement for free safety...

Jags sign Sammy Knight

I know they elevated Von Hutchins to starting FS and moved Brown to SS. This is the best possible scenario with who is on the roster right now. Hutchins had a nice int on Saturday and is much more of a natural FS than Brown is. Hopefully this works out well with Brown playing his natural position and having a better cover safety in Hutchins.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

From the Chron:

The Texans are bringing in four defensive backs for tryouts Tuesday, and three of them are former first-round picks.

Safeties Tyrone Poole (Carolina), Shaun Williams (Giants) and Derrick Gibson (Raiders) were No. 1 picks.

Cornerback Raymond Walls also will be working out for general manager Rick Smith and the team's personnel department.

Williams, 31, played in 12 games for the Panthers. last season. Gibson, 28, played in 16 games for the Raiders. Poole, 35, played in 12 games for the Raiders. Walls, 28, played in seven games for the Cardinals.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5050527.html

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well, the Raiders defense was actually pretty good last year, so I don't mind us working out two of their corners at all.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hutchins supposedly had a great camp, so I guess now we will see what the kid can do...

Damn, we really can't afford any more season ending injuries...