1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 3, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

1. Trade for Haynesworth, cut Okoye

2. Pray we can still luck out and draft one of: Prince, Peterson, Fairley, Paea, or maybe Dareus. Otherwise, trade out of #11 and get an additional 2nd.

3. Try hard to bring in Champ (unlikely), Cromartie (will be overpriced), or some other vet CB. Doesn't need to be a stud, but has to be a solid guy. Allen/Quin/Jackson may pan out as a reasonable rotation playing the #2 and slot guys.

4. Give Nolan the FS position.

5. Look for a reasonable safety (FS or SS) on the market that could rotate in - Pollard is fine on first down but needs to sit in passing situations unless we shore up the other DBs well enough that he can blitz.

6. Pray that Tate comes back and becomes a deadly combo with Foster.

7. Pray even harder that Ryans comes back and can give at least 80% of what he used to.

8. Try to keep Daniels, but don't go overboard.

9. Find help with size for the interior O-Line. Center if possible.

10. Punch McNair in the nuts if he brings in Wade Phillips, Dick Jauron, or some other proven loser to be the DC / head coach in waiting.

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

if they switch to a 3-4, draft Von Miller

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

cut Steve Slaton

Foster, Tate, and Ward make up a very formidable trio.

draft Defense..best available at DT, LB, and possibly FS.

sign a veteran corner that can cover. add another veteran defensive linemen. like emjohn stated, add another interior offensive linemen with size.

can't believe I'm saying this but bring back Jacoby but add another solid WR through the draft or FA

#23 sammy, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Keep Kubiak and Bush, best HC and OC combo in football.

5. Kate81

Kate81 Member

DC* MY BAD!!!

6. msn

msn Member

your posts in this thread are trollish.

it's pathetic that you're rubbing salt in another team's wounds when you have the exact same record, and worse in-conference.

grow up.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just ignore her.

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed on most points! If we go to the 3-4, I'd try and see if Cleveland would be willing to entertain the following trade: Ben Tate (assuming they go to a West Coast Offense) + our 2011 Number 1 pick (#11 overall) for Cleveland's 2011 Number 1 (#6 overall) and Shaun Rogers.

I'd really take a look at what I can get for Tate (especially to the other WCO teams) and see if I can use that chip to shore up the defense.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So you want them to trade the #6 pick and a useful player to us for the #11 pick and a player who has never played in the NFL?

:confused:

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i can't wait for the deja vu that will happen in 11 months that happened for a lot of us the last two months. what a joke of a franchise.

i'm going to have a monster burrito tonight from freebirds, chug my last couple bottles of xmas ale and let nature do its thing. later tonight or tomorrow morning, after i jackson pollack my toilet, i'm going to wipe my ass with my mario williams jersey and mail it to the texans.

1 person likes this.
  11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A second round pick from last year who was pegged to play in the west coast scheme that I'm assuming Holmgren prefers plus a lower first round pick (and the lower price tag that goes with it) for their first and their back-up NT. If Cleveland really has eyes for someone like Von Miller or someone else of that ilk, they may want to move down and get him at the lower salary slot. You may need to throw in sweeteners, but it's the general construct I'd focus on.

You have to do something with Tate and get some value out of him if you're going to hitch your wagon to the Foster bandwagon.

12. justtxyank

Tate has no value man. He was a second round pick (late) that got hurt and didn't play a down in the NFL. He's a zero factor in the trade, and dropping from 6 to 11 is a big drop. Shaun Rogers is also a capable NFL player with some sort of value. They'd probably want a second round pick thrown in to make that deal.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Realistic additions they should make

-Champ Bailey

-Aubrayo Franklin

-Mike Sim-Walker

14. justtxyank

I don't expect to hear that they even made a phone call to Champ Bailey.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

16. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I have the exact same record? I don't have a team.

Move along.

17. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. msn

msn Member

So, now you're a troll *and* a liar. We all know where your allegiances lie.

19. Turcan5

Turcan5 Member

Did Rob Ryan ever coach for the Broncos? :p

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Stop feeding the troll. Just ignore him/her/it, and it will go away.

For the off-season, I say you drop a dump truck full of money at Ike Taylor's doorstep, do whatever you can to get Aubrayo Franklin, and make a pitch to Pat Williams. If you can somehow pick up a legitimate #2 wide receiver along the way, go for that as well. Then, pray to whatever God you believe in that Prince Amukamura is available at #11, and get to work. Bob McNair has hitched his wagon to Gary Kubiak, so now he needs to put his money there as well. Open up the wallet, and use the money you're saving by keeping Kubes here on big name free agents. Stop being so ******* scared of taking risks, and finally do something that shows us you're a winner, Bob. You're the laughing stock of the NFL, and it's downright pathetic. Prove the haters WRONG.

1 person likes this.