1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 28, 2008.

1. msn

msn Member

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I said this a few months ago. Kearse should be fully recovered from the injury in 06'. The guy is a upgrade over weaver and kalu. He's 31 so u can get 3 good yrs out of him. Not to mention that he'll come cheap. Mike Doss is another guy that can be added cheap and should be fully healthy.

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Id give Kearse a look, depending on what he is getting offered around the league. If you can bring him in on the cheap, I think it is a no-brainer to take a flyer on him.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

incentive laced deal

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think they should be in the stroud talk. Stroud next to okoye and put kearse on the other end. That front 4 would wreck. Travis could be in the rotation.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Here's the analysis from ESPN insider:
    Hadnot is a short, thickly-built player who uses his low center of gravity to his advantage. He has a powerful lower body, anchors well versus interior bull rushers and is effective at the point as a run blocker. He is a steady performer who has a great feel for the game. He is an instinctive player who reacts well to defensive pressure packages and stunts. Hadnot has strong hands with quickness and pop to gain leverage initially off the line of scrimmage. He can slam and chip to the second level and is effective to lock on defenders. He is decent to pull when uncovered, but only has short-area agility on the perimeter. He is a tough, competitive player who has been durable most of his career and has versatility to play both guard and center positions. He is a solid gun snapper and is able to step quickly and stay connected on defenders. Hadnot is not a dominant football player, but very steady and the Dolphins will likely re-sign him in the offseason.

They rate him a 68 which is according to their scale equals an average starter. That puts him 4th among free agent centers according to their rankings. One FA is rated 75 and two are rated 69.

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5584464.html

Free-agent lineman Hadnot to visit with Browns
    Former UH standout heads to Cleveland after Friday visit with Texans

Guard/center Rex Hadnot, who visited with the Texans on Friday, is now preparing for a visit with the Cleveland Browns. Hadnot is a former standout from UH who started every game for the Miami Dolphins the past three seasons.

The Lufkin native said Friday he hoped to return to his home state to play for an organization that he respects.

By Saturday, much of that hope sounded as if it was gone. Hadnot admitted he was disappointed he was leaving Houston without a deal.

"I'm going to take this visit and see how Cleveland feels about me," Hadnot said. "I'm disappointed, but it's part of the business."

He said he is unsure if there is still a chance that he could end up signing in Houston. Hadnot will visit with Cleveland tonight and tomorrow.

8. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Hopefully he'll still end up in Houston, although I bet this is just posturing to get the Texans to up the ante.

That being said...I hope that Rick Smith has a plan B.

9. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I think that they should sign Antwan Odom...if for no other reason than to pi$$ off Bud Adams.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We resigned Will Demps to a 2 year deal worth $4.75 million

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good news.

12. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Great news, resigning Demps gives us one less hole we have to fill in our secondary. I would still like to pick up a FS with speed and range though.

14. ABtheTerrorist

Aww.you beat me to it.

Good move.I like him though i will miss von Hutchins.

15. ABtheTerrorist

And I know how bad Ahman Green's deal was,but i still think we should look at Warrick Dunn.
    Always liked him...and if the price is right

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

No more Ron Dayne YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He only gave you 700yds in 13 games averaging 4.0ypc and has only fumbled twice in 2 years not losing one of them. NTM he was the only back the Texans have that can move the pile while trying to get 1 yard for a 1st down. Dayne should be re signed.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I agree with you on all this. He's the only one that was able to bust through the COLTs' defense. :eek:

19. tulexan

tulexan Member

But Ron Dayne was terrible at moving the pile and getting that extra yard. He may be a big back, but he was not a short yardage back. Too often, he would have happy feet and get stuffed in the back field.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe so. But without him last year, no way they finish 8-8.