1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 8, 2023.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Last year, they quickly forget the Super Bowl 4th Down flag. Chiefs led by MVP Taylor Swift always wanting to be pampered. NFL should not go down to NBA, with refs altering games (like Jabari out of bound call and Kyrie flopping replay bs) for teams with superstars.

2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I hoped I would wake up feeling better, but NOoo. If anything it's worse. The Jets?

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I need some Karen Carpenter soothing music. A truly once in a lifetime voice.

raining threes and ROCKSS like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I don’t know which is worst. Getting torched by mark Sanchez in 2010 or by Zach Wilson yesterday. A new low for the Texans. Better bounce back vs oilers.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

That game yesterday had that "same ole Texans" feel. Not seizing the moment or even coming close really. Couldn't even keep it competitive against trash Zach Wilson in the second half. I think the dumb ass penalty by Will Anderson sealed the deal and help them score that second TD and the flood gates were on. Slowik and DeMeco looked like amateurs against the Jets coaching. Truly embarrassing afternoon all the way around. Really don't know what to expect the rest of the year but I don't have my hopes up after yesterday.

houstonstime, solid and HTM like this.
  6. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Another gun slinging fringe QB. It scares me.
    Like the Astros. Thay feast on prime timers and get shut out for 6 innings by AAAA guys

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

If I'm KC I'd send a message and cut Toney today. He's a drop waiting to happen and continues to make mental mistakes.

HillBoy likes this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"Rainy days (in New Jersey) and Mondays always get me down...."

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. conquistador#11

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You do realize that just about half the league is currently 7-6 or 6-7.

This league has the ultimate parity... bad teams can beat middling teams. Middling teams can beat good/great teams. Great teams will occasionally lose to the awful teams, but its exceedingly rare to have week-in/week-out lopsided affairs that mimic the double digit point spreads.

MadMax and raining threes like this.
  12. steveng125

steveng125 Member

yeah, I’m guessing people don’t realize that the colts and jags also lost so we are in the same exact spot that we were in this past week.

gfab-babyboi and raining threes like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Regression to the mean with the OL. No skill players that move the needle. Both sides of the interior lines need a complete revamp. Need another dynamic defensive back.

It's been fun to fantasize and hope for the best, but this team as is has defied the odds and played WAY above expectation. Its all house money from here. Im actually super hyped to see these guys go spend some money in the offseason.

Next year we feast.

cmoak1982, ROCKSS, GOATuve and 2 others like this.
  14. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Agree. Free agency next year and a good draft could set us apart. We’re at the start of a rebuild this year, so being in the playoff hunt is beyond expectations. I’m just glad that we FINALLY got our franchise guy. Future should be bright.

raining threes and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Some of us realize this. The injuries are a bigger loss than the actual loss. The concern is Stroud being out with a concussion and Cashman and Will Anderson (probably our top 2 defensive players) getting hurt. Nico is hurt too so Mills may be throwing to Brown and Metchie who suck and were dropping everything. These injuries to our top players keep compiling. Also the Bills, Browns, Bengals, and Broncos gained a game on is from last week.

Agent94 and raining threes like this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

By now they should have realized just why the NY Giants were so happy to dump him for a 3rd round pick. He CLEARLY cost them that game yesterday - why that dumbass was literally pouting downfield when the ball was thrown to Kelce before he threw that lateral to Toney for the game winning TD.

Shark44 likes this.
  17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

If CJ, Nico and Shultz are out this week then take a page out of the Broncos dink and dunk offense. Because Mills, Woods, Brown and Metchie are not the same group that makes our offense so explosive.

#957 percicles, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    gfab-babyboi and raining threes like this.
  18. raining threes

Did you know she was also an awesome drummer.

cmoak1982 and ROCKSS like this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

We needed to make up 2 games on the Jags because they have the tie breaker. They have the easier schedule after this week where now we still need to make up 2 games.

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like this team isn't built well to deal with that kind of inclement weather. I suppose I should have revised my expectations when it became apparent how terrible the weather would be (and I really hate that the NFL still has them play in those conditions...football like that is not fun to watch), but here we are. I just have to keep reminding myself that they are playing with house money at this point and I did not expect them to be this good this fast, so losses like these really aren't that far out of the range of expectations leading into the season. Hopefully they bounce back well next week (and hopefully CJ is healthy enough to do so).

raining threes likes this.