1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Noon Sunday on CBS.

2. msn

msn Member

W      

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Dear Joey Harrington/Byron Leftwich,

I'm writing this to apologize in advance for making you eat grass and dirt. It's not personal. We like you fine, you're both nice guys, it's just that our job is to make you eat grass and dirt, and honestly between you and that offensive line that attempts to protect you, it's a pretty easy job. Please understand, and we'll take you to a nice steak dinner to make up for it.

Sincerely,

Amobi Okoye and Mario Williams

P.S. If you can figure somehow figure out a way to beat Tennessee 10/7, we'll like you even better.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think we'll win. But it scares me to think of how people are gonna meltdown here if we don't. This may be the first "can't win" game in Texans history...a game where even if you win it's no big deal because you're expected to win.

Should be interesting to see the fans greet Schaub...I'm guessing they'll be cheering for him when he's introduced.

5. jamfan74

jamfan74 Contributing Member

W 28-10. Texans are pissed. Schaub will light em up and our "Raging Bulls" defense will be the difference.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Time to lick our wounds and get back in the fight. This is a must win. There is a HUGE difference between 2-2 and 3-1.

7. updawg

updawg Member

I think they will come out ready and focused. W28 -14

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

we have no receivers, no running back, no special teams, starting center is out. NOT a recipe for a sure fire win. :(

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The difference between the first 2 games and the Colts game was Schaub. Turnovers.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

texans were +4 in the TO dept. the first two games. in the colts game, i'd only count the INT in the red zone against him. JJ should have caught the other one.

one thing that worries me about Schaub is, for 3 straight games he has thrown an INT in the red zone.

statistically, it has only been two. but the Panthers should have had the underthrown ball to AJ too. the DB just dropped it.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i hear ya...but i don't know how you can expect much more from a guy who just made his 5th career start. i thought schaub would be good...but i didn't know he'd be as good as hie's been.

12. conquistador#11

Is faggins our new rafer Alston? why does kubiak have so much confidence in him? Is jamar fletcher that bad? those are all questions that have gone through my mind in the past 48 hours.
    This week, Faggins will have something to prove. I believe his starting role is on the line...so I expect 2 picks and a forced fumble from him( no pressure).
    And I can't believe i'm going to say this, but we need Ron dayne out there! get him a vest with a metal plate underneath those pads :D

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

First of all, glad clutchfans is back up, again. Kudos, Clutch for your tireless efforts when everyone else was trying to enjoy the Colts game! :D

I know we lost last week but, frankly I have never been more proud to be a Texan fan than ever more before. Kuby has truly changed the culture of this football team and we are going to be built to be competitive for years to come.

The puzzler ... how does a team go from NFC Championship game to ... 0-3 and embarrassed by the Titans 31-14? The Saints are once again turning into the 'Aints? Unbelievable! More evidence that I guess Kuby and Smitty knew what they were talking about and kudos to our owner for not getting sucked into a bad contract where we would only get a rich man's Dave Meggett or Eric Metcalf. ;)

For this week, the Texans are gonna be mad and the Falcons are gonna be their whipping boy. The D is going to dominate no matter who is back there in the pocket. Schaub wants to put up big numbers to affirm to ATL how much a mistake they made. He's not bitter, it's just a professional thing.

Texans 31, Falcons 6. Don't see ATL scoring one TD and maybe not even a point. ATL's receivers can't catch and they will not be able to run the ball on our new vaunted run defense. :D

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We're gonna be throwing out a practice squad against the Falcons with all the injuries we have.

15. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Hey Smokey, kudos to the Titans last night. Can't believe how big a bust the Saints and Reggie have become. VY looked good last night but, the Saints are desperately needing a defense they may be the worst in the NFL by season's end. Nonetheless, TN goes into a primetime venue and plays very impressive it looked like from all sides of the ball. Turnovers the key but, that is generally the by product of pressuring the QB and hard hitting. Anyway, I'm accused of being an ass on here so, as much as I hate to admit it, the Titans looked like a real football team meanwhile, New Orleans looked like a bad joke. So, congrats for one game. Who was the playoff team in this matchup last year again?

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Thats what I'm affraid of. Any updates on A. Johnson?

I really do think if we had him last game, we would have got the W.

17. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I don't think we are in as bad of shape as some people are thinking. I know AJ won't be back and neither will Jones but Green is day to day and hopefully Dayne will be back as well. I hate McKinney is out but Flannigan is a pretty decent backup.

We were this close against a really good Colts team even with everyone out. I think we will stomp the crap out of this bad Atlanta team regardless of the injuries. It doesn't suck to have an easy week to try and get some people healthy.

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't see Atlanta putting up more than 7 points in this one, unless we blow them out by the 3rd quarter and then put the backups in. They have a horrible quarterback and no downfield threats other than Crumpler ... and not even Indy has been able to run on our defense with success.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

It's their defense. They were in the backfield all day and harrassed Brees into tons of interceptions and fumbles. There's also the fact that New Orleans had NO running game, especially with the injury to McCallister. As a result the TN defense was able to go after the QB all day and put lots of extra coverage/zone blitzing without having to worry about the Saints beating them on the ground. Bush had 7 carries for 15 yards.

The Saints are finished. It's sad ... I really thought they were a superbowl candidate this year. If they weren't in the NFC I'd say they were a lock for another top-10 pick.

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

If we win the next two games we WILL make the playoffs

4-1 baby!