1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

The two position groups that needed the most attention in the offseasons are still the position groups that need the most attention 4 weeks into the season. #fireRickSmith

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fairness, the 2019 FA class at OL is solid. They may have chose to punt and try and land one next year.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is there a "hamstring bug" going around the Texans locker room? There's a hamstring injury taking down a player dam near every week now.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Good grief, how many offensive lineman went down today? That line is a disaster. I feel bad for Watson.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes, there is a bug. The bug's name is BOB O'BRIEN!

red5rocket, BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Vrabel looks subpar in Houston, then leaves and looks good.

Bullsh1t, mayne

BigShasta likes this.
  7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Always the Texans curse. Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips, Vrabel, and Jacoby Jones. I'm sure it's much more.. but man.

gatsby, Htownballer38 and Houstunna like this.
  8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I predicted a loss and man I'm so glad I was wrong. In the 2nd half they tried to prove my prediction right. Then I looked over to the other sideline and realized the Colts coach is just as clueless as Bill Obrien.

Thank you Coach Reich for gifting us this win. Lol

BigShasta likes this.
  9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's a funny thing that J-Jo plays every year - he looks like he should have retired 2 years ago for the first 4-6 weeks of the season, then all of a sudden the switch flips and he looks like a starting CB again.

Let's hope this year is the same or I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for our secondary. You just cannot be weak at CB and still have a good defense.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Makes us wonder if our trainers and coaches aren't getting these guys loosened up right, or taking enough preventative measures. I've noticed for a long time now that this seems to be a more occurring thing than field goals made.

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. HstnSprtsFan101

I’ve
    I’ve been a big supporter of him. Eventually age has to catch up though. Hopefully he can flip the switch. Would be nice if Kayvon can play this week also. Shareece Wright isn’t good and physically limited but he was the best corner on the field for us yesterday. Played physical with a couple nice PBU’s

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

In DB years he's like 183. He's effectively on a one year contract and this will likely be his last in Houston, if not his last as a starting CB.

All that being said, it's not his fault the Texans can't seem to find/keep secondary depth and he does play quite well considering his mileage, plus some of the throws Luck made yesterday were pretty ridiculous.

Nimo likes this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I saw some people complain about the cushion he was given. To me that is him knowing his limitations and trying not to get blown by. And we saw what happens when he tries to run stride for stride with fast receivers. Colvin on the other end, looked lost a few times yesterday.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If anyone heard Romo talk earlier on Sunday around noon. Basically, he was saying the 1st few games are a feeling out games for like Brady (new receivers come and go) and in our case Watson (missed almost 3/4 of a season). Texans didn't play Watson more than a few series in the preseason which is why the first few games our offense was sputtering. If Watson is mentally sound, I expect the offense to be KC, or LAR-like unless BoB helds them back by bad play-calling, or brain spasm on timeouts. Or be like a hero coach like Frank Reich.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

They have one interception and that was in week 1.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

RAC has fully implemented the bend and break defense.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Every time I read one of your dumb posts I see the "JK" at the bottom and think: "O, at least hes just kidding, haha good one" Then I realize that is just the signature for your name (which is also really dumb) and you are, in fact, serious.

20. esketit

esketit Member

i heard he bends and eventually breaks most couches, chairs, and even the suspension in his vehicle