1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 30, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've been doing that ever since BOB took control. Years of this boring offense.

Jake Tower, BMoney and Houstunna like this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man Bill O'Brien and that Conservative crap needs to stop. Good thing we were playing a mediocre at best Broncos team. But hey a win is a win. 6 in a row baby.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

BoB is like 22-1 when he has a lead at halftime.

Im pretty sure his conservative play calling when he has a lead is working

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That stuff doesn't work against teams like the Patriots and other legit offensive elite teams. Some of you people stat watch too much. Bwhahaha

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Flip it, use the pass to set up the run.

I am tired of having to use my anti-jinx powers to save BOB's ass.

DD

Jake Tower, shvedsucks and Houstunna like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Like, a screen on 1st down. I mean, a zone stretch...

Turtle mode, activate!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Those are some old school memories. If anyone wants to see the drive I'm talking about from 1992, scroll to the 2:54:50 mark of this video:

BigShasta and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Only one team wins the championship every year. No matter who you are the odds are against it.

the texans probably wont win the chip, so what?

Just enjoy the W.

mario_v likes this.
  9. UrbanEnterprise

not only do you run the ball to set up the pass but it also keeps the clock going.

we miss throws, the clock stops and maybe Denver has more time to get better positioning to kick the winning field goal

we have a capable defense to hold them for the minimum allotted time and today was proof of that

it's hard to win in Denver and we did.

BoB is not a great coach but he did a great job today

No Worries and bilaal14 like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm not asking for a lot of long passes down field. I know we don't really have the personnel for that type of game right now. But, can't we mix things up a little bit on offense? I see other teams throw these quick little passes to their tight ends with great success. I think we have the personnel to pull that off.

macho GRANDE and Jake Tower like this.
  11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

OB sucksss... this team is just very talented that constantly bails him out.... and will be even more chemistry and talented once we get back from the bye week.

OB and his conservative BS is going to come back and bite us in the ASS.

He did a decent job today.... but dude is stupid.

I am so sick of first down runs that get us 0-1 yards. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Broncos are one of the worst teams stopping the run. Like bottom 5 bad. But they pretty much shut down the Texans' run game today. How? Easy. They stacked the box on 1st downs. I was in my car and Andre Ware sounded like he wanted to body slam O'Brien. Everyone knew not only that they were going to run the ball but also how they were most likely going to run it. Truth is the Texans made the Broncos look better than they really are today. I know injuries didn't help and factored into the playcalling; but this is their m.o. all season long. Like I have said all week, the Washington game will tell us a whole lot about this team.

13. conquistador#11

I heard that. It was classic.

question to everyone:

Are we the golden state warriors? ....I'm kidding.
    (dodging objects)
    [​IMG]

14. Texanstradamus

Limited receivers and DT not knowing the playbook I’ll take the W going into the bye we knowing we will have time to get DT up to speed and our secondary returning to health

macho GRANDE and shvedsucks like this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I wonder if Denver will fire their coach after this.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Bottom line BOB doesn't know how to keep the foot on the gas.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The Texans are too predictable. We don't mix things up. We run up the middle or throw to Hopkins most of the time. We haven't beat a winning team yet have we? Hey, it's great having a bunch of losing teams in our division right now. Plus, after seeing horrible defense on Washington today I am less worried. I guess it depends which Washington team shows up. After that we play a bunch of losing teams, which should ensure a Division win unless we start making stupid mistakes and beat ourselves. But, BOB needs to start mixing things up in the play calling if we want to keep winning games.

Fullcourt and Jake Tower like this.
  18. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Shoot u don’t have to go that far, had they made that kick it wouldn’t have worked against broncos

Htownballer38 and Sajan like this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So what are you saying? We aren't allowed to criticize the coach's idiotic play calling AND enjoy the win at the same time? I said it before, and I'll say it again......watching our defense ball out is an absolute pleasure. Watching Watson and Hopkins do amazing things together has been an absolute pleasure. Hell, watching our normally shitty special teams stuff punt returners time and time again has been an absolute pleasure. You know what HASN'T been an absolute pleasure?? Watching BOB "try and establish the run." **** that ****! It isn't working......especially when you're trying to "establish it" with a ****ing RB that looks like he's stuck in mud every time he gets the ball.

Htownballer38 and Jake Tower like this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This brings back a ton of memories for me. I found it kind of crazy they picked Alonzo Highsmith as the third overall pick. Has a full back ever been picked that high?