1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] Scott Foster to referee game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 28, 2018.

1. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I knew it would be rigged especially after Cavs won.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Look for early touch fouls tonight on ariza and Tucker. It isn’t the egregious non calls you see late that sink a game when the other team is up double digits, it’s all the touch fouls early that force guys to the bench and the non calls that change now we play offense. In the end they can manipulate the free throw attempts to be similar but a trained eye still sees where the refs determined the outcome.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I believe. I know it's hard when the odds are stacked against you, but I believe.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The NBA is walking a fine line. I really question the integrity of the league... it is getting to the point where I don’t want to watch anymore. If the league is going to manipulate the odds, it isn’t a competition and I have no interest in wasting my time.

JW86, Slim, RedNation and 12 others like this.
  5. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

may be he will toss Green out, you never know.

lw17 likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Honestly if we lose tonight because of officiating that will be a major turn off long term for me. If we lose because they are better that will hurt but I’ll line up again to get punched in the face next year.

A blatant hatchet job? I can’t take it

Nook, JW86, RedNation and 5 others like this.
  7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Silver has sent America's most popular team to the Finals. Now he needs to send the World's most popular team to the Finals and finish the job!:eek:

A Rockets Cavs finals will send the rating through the roof!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Honestly.. the NBA is better served if Houston makes the Finals. Silver knows parity is good for the league.. he didn’t like the KD decision

9. Voltik

Voltik Member

The three refs for this game was the worst news this morning. I hope Paul is ready to go or we have very little chance to advance as a home team.

If the these refs were switched with Game 6, we have much better chance winning as a home team.

Sad day knowing the outcome of the game before playing or even knowing Paul’s status.

amaru likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Since before the series even started I feared a Lakers/Kings screw job.

amaru likes this.
  11. JazzLakerHater

I know our record with Foster is bad and that he's considered one of the worst refs, but has he really been biased against the Rockets? Can someone give me a moment where he screwed the Rockets? I can't recall any screwup games or calls with Foster. He's not Tony Brothers who consistently has it out for the Rockets and specifically Harden.

12. UrbanEnterprise

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just google CP3 Scott Foster ..or fact Rockets are 0-6 in playoff games reffed by Foster in last 2 years

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I feel the same way. I won't stop being a huge fan of the Rockets, which seems to be imbedded in my DNA now, but I won't look at the league the same way again. There have been other instances in the past of what I consider blatant efforts by the refs to make a series, or a particular game, successfully go in a certain team's favor. This is getting ridiculous, though. We have the technology now to easily view a ref's history towards a team, for or against. To view that ref's history calling the playoffs. It's not Rocket science and the league certainly is aware of the propensity of certain refs to call certain teams and certain games a certain way. I'm certain of that much.

It has and always will be completely unacceptable, so why is it still happening? Good question. I "liked" what HP brought up. While watching the game that saw Ariza get his 5th foul midway through the 3rd, I yelled at my significant other, "Those bastards! I can't recall Trevor ever getting his 5th foul this early in a game. Maybe he has, but not that I've seen. ****ing ref!" My language went downhill from there. You're right. It basically took him out of the game at a crucial time, and it wasn't just that foul - it was the phantom fouls earlier that led to it. Bogus calls.

#74 Deckard, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd actually prefer Tony Brothers if you told me we had to have one of those two. We can win a game reffed by Brothers. We literally can't win in the postseason the last 2 years when Foster is officiating.

Some of those losses in fairness are coincidental. Foster was not the reason we lost Game 2 to Utah this season or Game 6 vs the Spurs last year. But there are some instances where he and the rest of the crew may have swayed the outcome. The narrow loss to OKC in Game 3 last year and Game 1 of this series where Ariza picked up his 5th foul in the 3rd quarter.

My one hope(well, aside from the Rockets just destroying the Warriors and rendering the officiating crew meaningless) is that after the screwjob of Game 6, Foster and the league will be very cautious about deliberately f'ing over the Rockets tonight and making the NBA look as scripted as professional wrestling.

topfive likes this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

How much help do 4 hall of famers need?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Doubtful. Green got T'd up within the first minute of Game 1 and was allowed to do and say pretty much anything he wanted the rest of the way because Foster Brothers knew he already had one tech.

amaru and Deckard like this.
  18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon... Get hip to what's going down.

MONSTER trap game.

D-rock likes this.
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

)-5 with Scott FOrster or something ridiculous iek that

20. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

If the officiating is bad and biased towards the Warriors tonight, then I’m cancelling my nba league pass immediately following the game. I am also cancelling my season tickets for next year in this scenario. The NBA is not getting a penny from me if they want to be like the WWE.