1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] Scott Foster to referee game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 28, 2018.

1. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Fair enough. Ariza will need to lay off the ticky-tack fouls as well. Can't have him on the bench/in foul trouble early in the 3rd again.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

As soon as Warden Bob lets the inmates into the yard - provided they behave and know their place.

3. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Does Foster have Irish or Italian blood in him? :eek:

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Warriors won game 1 at Houston with him officiating.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Perfect storm of reasons the Rockets shouldn't win. Including Paul's injury and the NBA salivating at Warriors Cavs rematch.

I'm depressed already. Try as I might to prepare for losing this series it's still going to burn for a while.

7. rocks123

rocks123 Member

So this is basically who gets on his nerve first kind of officiating. I hope draymond annoys him so much he ejects him. Lol. He gets equal hate from everyone though. The NBA sure like to irate the fans. Most important game of the season and they let the worst referee to officiate.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought he reffed game 2. Was the the Tony Brothers crew game 1?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Foster Brothers were game one.

Game 1: Scott Foster, Tony Brothers, Tom Washington, Bill Spooner
    Game 2: Ken Mauer, David Guthrie, Ed Malloy, Pat Fraher
    Game 3: Marc Davis, Jason Phillips, Sean Corbin, Bill Spooner
    Game 4: Mike Callahan, Kane Fitzgerald, Derrick Stafford, Sean Wright
    Game 5: James Capers, Eric Lewis, Zach Zarba, Bill Spooner
    Game 6: Ken Mauer, David Guthrie, Ed Malloy, Bill Kennedy
    Game 7: Scott Foster, Mike Callahan, Derrick Stafford, Jason Phillips

10. macan

macan Member

the only positive thing is that we will have two refs from Game 4 and 5..

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What if the rockets win?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Then we celebrate, duhh! ;)

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

And Donaghy picked the Rockets. We're going to the finals!!

D-rock likes this.
  14. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Good news is we don't have to deal with one of Warrior's best players, TB25.

Bads news is, we didn't win a single playoff game officiated by Foster in the past two years, and both Callahan(ranked 56th in home team W% among 66 referees who officiated more than 10 games this year) and Stafford(ranked last in home team W%) favor road team heavily.

I think with this officiating group, the league already decided they don't want to have a fairly officiated game. The question now is, who is going to get the favors of the calls. I think quite obviously, the Warriors, given Foster a Rockets killer, and another two referees in their arsenal who're best at making the home team lose.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’ll buy a Scott Foster jersey.

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I really despise what the NBA has become.......a league where certain (not all) officials can completely rig the outcome. I've never made this statement before, but after watching game 6.......against my Rockets no less.....just unbelievable.

I hope the Rockets will win in spite of this jobbing intended by the NBA but it's just ridiculous how lucky the Worriers are. I've got absolutely no respect for the Worriers and never will......even if they go on to win the next 5 rings in a row.

In my mind, they will always have an " * " next to their rings until they prove that they can get through a gauntlet of healthy resistance all the way to winning the championship. Thank God for the Astros and the historic run they made.

Rockets were the better team no question with a healthy Paul. Now that he went down (not Silver's fault), it appears the NBA wants to add insult to injury and just make it even more lopsided to take advantage of the Rockets' demise.

I'm going to have to get away from the "minor" thing of sports and not let it get it to me today. Time to move on to the big picture of life and the things that truly matter...God, family.....things like that. NBA (like any other big dog corporation) is run by big whigs who worship money. Their evil deeds will be served back to them in some form, at some point by the Almighty Holy and Just God.

That is all.........

/rant

17. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

At least we’re not the favorites lol

18. MystikArkitect

Ariza had 5 fouls with 10 mins to go in the 3rd Quarter.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Didn’t he get 3 in the first?

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ariza essentially got fouled out. Game was 61-60 with 9:35 left in third when he got his 5th foul, then didn't play rest of 3rd Q. Tucker also got in foul trouble in 1st half resulting in Ryan playing. By the time Ariza came back, game was over.

The ripple effects were tremendous as Green had to play pretty much entire 3rd Q as GSW got uncorked, and Nene even played, and got abused.

Also keep in mind in 4 yrs as a Rocket, Ariza only had 8 games with more than 4 fouls. Dude doesn't get in foul trouble.

Slim, Deuce, IvanLCPM and 11 others like this.