1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Re-Elect Joe Biden in 2024 thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 25, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just don’t think the Dem voting base (which is big enough to beat a 2020 pre Jan 6 Trump) has yet woken up and realized the stakes.

However if they realized it in 2020 before January 6th logic should dictate that they’ll wake up again when there’s a contrast in an election cycle. I think folks for the past couple years have just wanted to go about their lives and let’s be honest… in social circles it’s just not “cool” to say you like whoever is president. Even Obama who is really cool in general didn’t have a cult like base who liked to admit in public that they like him or prefer him over a Republican. That’s just the Democratic voter base and our societal political culture.

However what Biden has done is really popular and when the ads start coming out to articulate in an easy way both the contrast with popular Biden policy then I think come Summer/early fall I think Biden will start to peak in popularity at the right time. You’ll have both Trump flailing about in public in the news every day making an ass out of himself and his dipshit cult followers and you’ll have a billion dollar messaging machine behind Biden.

I get that people aren’t excited about Bidens prospects and I admit that I’m pretty terrified knowing how dumb Americans can be (see 2016) but you’d be foolish to just count Biden out in this election even if he forgets to take his Prevagin this Fall.

astros123 likes this.
  2. astros123

astros123 Member

The biggest thing you forgot is these MAGATs run around and paint biden as some senile person who can't remember his name. They lower the standards soooooo much that when biden has an average campaign and debate voters will be blown away. These morons have no idea how their dipshit conspiracies are going to bite them in the ass. Trump felony trial will start in June in DC and he'll be in the headlines everyday about his insurrection.

Biden did a podcast episode with Connor o'brien the other day that was very in depth and was one of bidens best interviews. He talks about his time as VP and senator and it clearly shows biden isn't senile and he's fine.

I hope they keep insulting him cuz all these MAGA boomers are doing is helping Biden @basso @Os Trigonum .

https://www.earwolf.com/show/conan-obrien/

#362 astros123, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its amusing you call this one of his best interviews .... because he wasn't half asleep and spacing out the entire time? It was boring AF. He sounds like most elderly men who spend their entire conversations in recollection mode. It was 30 minutes of story telling.

I am not trying to beat up on your hero/idol/role model here. The fact is he is elderly and he has not displayed any rational ability to solve any problems. His administration is doing all the work. The man even says he didn't want to be VP, much less president.

That said, the grand issue isn't Biden or his administration (although as I have previously stated, the social side of his administration is an absolutely clown show), its Biden passing away and leaving the torch to that complete idiot named Kamala Harris. On second thought, a Harris presidency would be highly amusing, albeit do irreputable damage to the image of a female president.

Either way, it seems we have paved the way of 5 more years of uncertainty.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

He talked about how he didn't wanna the vice president and how he didn't like the fame and spotlight of the whitehouse and that he even rejected the offer. How many other vice president do you know that didn't wanna be VP? Pence, Harris, Chaney, gore all have said on record that serving VP was the highlight of their life while biden said he loathed the job and only did it to help Obama?

Biden has tons of flaws but he's a regular normie guy who doesn't really care for frame or spotlight and that's very very rare in a politican. Most folks love the spotlight like Trump and Buttigieg. Biden doesn't care about the spotlight at all.

You can keep calling biden my hero or whatever if that makes you sleep better but I've already said that I would support another person if they weren't crazy and had decent policies. I like bidens economic policies as they've made me tons of $$$ but I don't like his trans/lgbtq stuff at all.

The majority of Muslims and Asians would probably vote for someone else if the gop wasn't so nuts

5. astros123

astros123 Member

@Space Ghost perfect example of my point.

"Wow biden is mentally ill and he should be hospitalized for saying that. How can anyone say that"

"Wait it was trump who said that? oMG eViL mEDiA!!!"

Confirmation bias is a real thing and the nation will see trump is just as old as biden and isn't well @basso . This why campaign season will hurt Republicans much more

#365 astros123, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I watched the Biden speech from two days ago, and it really did rattle me with the Chernenko vibes there: all problems are due to rebels and dissidents and enemies of the party. It was an almost surreal experience.

Who are these people in the audience? Who brought them there? That opening cheer of "four more years" was overly scripted and canned. The whole thing was weird theater. The only real moment came at the very very end when his wife tried to get him off stage and he leaned into the mic with some grandpa joke about the real power in the room.

As for the text itself, it was as if real life doesn't exist. It was 100% about the grave threat of Trump/Hitler and, mostly, the evil of anyone who would support him and not support Biden as the savior of the nation keeping at bay the terrible pestilence of MAGA.

You would get the impression that nothing else matters. Home prices, inflation, crime, migrant crisis, ill health, homelessness, insane debt, mass collapse of education and learning, middle class crushed, unaffordable everything – none of it matters.

As a kid I could never understand how the Soviet Union imagined itself to be a democracy. Now I get it. You need a one party state in charge to keep the enemies of democracy at bay, and so long as they do, you have preserved democracy.

In essence, the Biden campaign is overtly enemy-izing half the country or maybe two thirds of the country or maybe everyone not in the 1 percent of ruling class overlords. It's extremely creepy because it seems authentic in some way, as if they really believe their rhetoric.

8. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

https://www.businessinsider.com/jpmorgan-strategist-biden-could-drop-out-of-2024-election-2024-1

Business Insider is not exactly your neutral rag, in facts it leans way left sometimes.
    I told you woke lefties in here, Brandon ain’t making it to the finished line, he’s done like burnt toast.
    Get ready for the shenanigans folks, weird shiit will happen before, during and after the elections. Covid lockdowns part deux? Another stolen election? The Dems will not give up power, they would rather see our country go up in flames first.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His numbers are way off among other things. Half of the country doesn't support Trump. He has never won the popular vote in any election. He has gotten fewer votes than his opponent every time. Some of those votes came from people simply voting against the other candidate. Even more came out of a desire to simply stick it to "leftists" and not any real support for Trump.

There is only a minority of people in this nation that support the Donald.

mtbrays likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Biden is aggressively going after big banks and he passed the strictest regulations in the industry. He's forcing banks to give up Overdraft fees and is forcing banks to stop charging monthly service fees.

Why would a big bank support Biden when he's cracking down. Do you donkeys ever think? Jesus

12. astros123

astros123 Member

Eh you can find polling to show anything. Don't take polls seriously until the summer.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

@FranchiseBlade

When interest rate cuts come in next month hell be in positive territory. Everything I told @Astrodome would happen did happen.

14. adoo

adoo Member

Biden Campaign Sharpens Its Post-Roe Message: Abortion Is About Freedom

Today in Virginia, Biden / Harris will be holding an abortion rights rally, looking to make access a key 2024 campaign issue

#374 adoo, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    astros123 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBC clearly a biased source

Poll: 20-point deficit on handling economy highlights Biden’s struggles against Trump
    The president’s approval rating has fallen to a new low in NBC News polling, as Trump narrowly leads in a 2024 general election matchup.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-economy-presidential-race-rcna136834

excerpt:

Biden trails GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on major policy and personal comparisons, including by more than 20 points on which candidate would better handle the economy. And Biden’s deficit versus Trump on handling immigration and the border is greater than 30 points.

The poll also shows Trump holding a 16-point advantage over Biden on being competent and effective, a reversal from 2020, when Biden was ahead of Trump on this quality by 9 points before defeating him in that election.

And Biden’s approval rating has declined to the lowest level of his presidency in NBC News polling — to 37% — while fewer than 3 in 10 voters approve of his handling of the Israel-Hamas war.

All together, these numbers explain why the poll shows Trump leading Biden by 5 points among registered voters in a hypothetical 2024 general-election matchup, 47% to 42%. While the result is within the poll’s margin of error, the last year of polling shows a clear shift.​

more at the link

16. astros123

astros123 Member

What a dipshit moron you are. You started a 140 page thread claiming biden was going get arrested and impeached and you still have no shame posting your pro maga propoganda.

@Os Trigonum is the biggest piece of turd on these forums. Go back to your obsession with tunley and his braindead articles.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

18. adoo

adoo Member

Joe Biden Jokes About Donald Trump's Debt Problems

Speaking at a campaign fundraiser in Dallas, Texas, Biden joked that a man had come up to him to discuss his heavy debts.

He said: "Just the other day this defeated looking man came up to me and said: 'Mr. President I need your help. I'm in crushing debt. I'm completely wiped out.'"

Biden said he then responded: "Donald, I'm sorry. I can't help you."