1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Texans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, he seems salty about something.

I don't remember any of our players insulting their team in the media at all so I guess someone said something to him on the field in one of these games and he's all in his feels about it.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

On the fence. New offensive and defensive (Bye Romeo) play callers are needed. Either Tim Kelly or someone outside on offense. O'Brien does some good things. I could go either way. I will be good with whatever Cal decides as long as the changes are made on both offense and defense.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y u asking him when u can just tell by his quote.

Literally praising gm BoB, scape goating RAC and would blame both side for the loss.
    Scarface still pines to ride BoB jock but isnt gonna outright do it since hes gonna feel the wrath of most posters.

After this game he still wont outright blame the hc for the loss, but dance and blame everyone else. Literally no point in waiting for the end of the season,
    Cause if this game doesnt convinced him to fire nothing will

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If they trot the same coaching staff out next year, I'm gonna be depressed.

6. Mr. Space City

Need a new offensive coordinator
    Need a new defensive coordinator
    Need a timeout, clock management, and replay challenge assistant
    Need a GM

So what the **** do we need bob for? More condescending postgame interviews?

joshuaao, Kim, arabrocket and 2 others like this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I see two pink sheets.

One for OB and One for Romeo.

buh bye

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. ktex

ktex Member

Well, ****. It happened again.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now the younger generation of Texans fans share a common bond with us old Oiler fans.

We have now all experienced the most devastating, unexpected, dream crushing, record breaking blown leads in playoff history.

10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I am rooting against that guy.

Rock Block likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

There’s no reason to be emotionally invested with this franchise. I checked out mentally after the Broncos debacle, myself. That game told me these were the same Texans. They’ll look great one week against an elite team, then, when they have the opportunity to control their own destiny concerning home field advantage in the playoffs, they allow the 4-8 Broncos (with a rookie QB) to embarrass them at NRG.

I’m not going to get that high or low about their success or failures until they give me a reason to do so, and I recommend you do the same.

#1951 DVauthrin, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Two Sandwiches, BigM and arkoe like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

And when the city does breakthrough, everyone's house needs to flood. Or a GOAT retirement excuse exists.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What "talking" did we do?

Sounds like he was inventing drama for camera's sake.

I'm surprised he didn't break out the old, "nobody believed in us", "everyone counted us out".

Smh

#1953 Houstunna, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m not sure if that or missing 35 or whatever 3s was the most Houston loss ever... but it hurt.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

A.M radio is gonna be epic tomo.. Lol

16. Damion Laverne

Really dude??? Did you see the game? Have you watched us the last six years? What makes you think anything is gonna change?

I want better for this team. There's no talent on this defense. O'Brien is THE definition of mediocrity. Deshaun won't be able to overcome all of the failings of this organization if nothing major changes.

And yet you think I wanna change teams? ****ing idiot.

17. DVauthrin

790 will be. We shall see if all the personalities at 610 have the balls to rip O’Brien, Crennel and the entire Texans coaching staff to shreds.

arkoe, Alimoe84 and javal_lon like this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Deshaun was talking alot of **** in the early going.. Maybe it was just game banter, but it seemed he had an arrogant edge about him after plays... Defense hotdogging .. I think that Justin Reid hit pissed them off ...

Houstunna likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

While I agree with most of what you are saying, the Texans do actually have some talented players on defense. Zach Cunningham, Bernardrick McKinney, D.J. Reader, Justin Reid, Bradley Roby and Whitney Mercilus are all starting caliber players, as is J.J. Watt if he’s completely healthy (which he wasn’t today). The problem is they lack depth, and their defensive coordinator is not great at scheming looks that pressure the quarterback. In today’s pass-happy league, you have to bring creative and unique blitz-packages that confuse quarterbacks or have an outstanding front seven. The Texans have an above average, but not elite front seven, which isn’t good enough against really good teams. I don’t believe the Texans had a single sack today, which is a big reason why the Chiefs scored 41 straight points and more than 50, total.

#1959 DVauthrin, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  20. Damion Laverne

Zach Cunningham - that's it. No pass rush and a young and dumb secondary. Bunch of sissies out there. JJ gets hurt too much.