1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Pretty rare to see an undrafted rookie turned into a pick that quickly. Impressive stuff.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Rick Smith for president

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans had $7.327 million under NFL salary-cap limit available prior to latest roster moves under offseason rule of 51</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/639129510114381824">September 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Waiting on the "Bob McNair is a cheapskate" posts.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good business move but on the field of play this year it sucks. We must don't like athletic tight ends...

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Lee, in all likelihood, wasn't going to make the team. Not that our TEs are great, but he always seemed to be behind Graham, Fido, and Griffin and we weren't going to carry 4. Texans might've wanted to put him on the practice squad, but considering Chicago just gave up a draft pick for him, he was never going to make it that far.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah that's true. Won't be surprised if he blows up in Chicago though... the three tight ends in front of him in Houston are average to below average talent/skill/athletic players. That's what ticks me off we need at least one tight end with playmaking ability.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Waiting for the Khari Lee Appreciation Thread

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm sure the Texans will regret the day they traded away an undrafted FA who will undoubtedly wind up in the Hall of Fame one day.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Martellus Bennett is one of the better TEs in the league. It would take an injury to him for Lee to even come close to having a shot at blowing up

12. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

I think it's more insurance to protect them from Bear Pascoe. He hasn't been good for a while now, and they need to get younger at the position. I don't think Lee will be some stud, but I think he can be a solid pro with a lot of work. It was just a numbers game with him being the 4th TE and the Texans only ever carrying 3. He would have been picked up with his eventual waiver and we would have lost him for nothing.

Good get in turning him into a 6th RD pick for what would have been a loss. He would have never survived waivers and made it onto our Psquad.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Texans clearing that cap space to sign a good quality o lineman or two at cuts. Could get lucky and get a starter or swingman off the bench.

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

They've already got the swing tackle in Chris Clark. Adams was suppose to be that guy, but now he's called upon to play LG. If they sign a vet for the LG whole, they're admitting defeat in drafting Sua`Filo. I don't think they want to do that, considering all of Rick Smith's draft blunders. It would be better for the team, but would put yet another black mark on Smith's GM history. I don't see it happening.

Plus, That cap space is going to be needed to resign Brooks, Jones, and Crick. Lechler is also a free agent, along with Weeks our long snapper and Mike Mohamed our best pass covering ILB that's turned himself into a starter. All of them very important to the team.

15. Two Sandwiches

I guess what I'm getting at is that I edpedt them to use the money to add more depth, be it a new starting guard or another backup. I have a feeling the cap is for us to be players on the waiver wire. May be wrong on position though.

I feel like we'll handle the free agents after the season..

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Any possible cuts you have in mind who could become available!

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Fixed

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Texans history is filled with lots of regrets... just saying. Houston gotta get results on the field the trade means nothing if the impact of the trade for us cokes to be nothing. We gotta show something.

19. Two Sandwiches

To be honest, not really. Usually there's some surprise guys. Maybe they do, but I couldn't tell you. Just throwing that out there.

20. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

I think the Titans may be moving on from Andy Levitre, and I wouldn't mind the Texans jumping on him if they see Sua`Filo having continued issues with staying healthy and progressing at LG.

I'm extremely weary of Jeff Adams playing LG. Dude is horrible inside.