1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well looks like that bad late hit call on The Eagles came back to haunt them.

2. what

what Member

Agreed, vick threw it too high.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Eagles are totally unbalanced when it comes to team positions. Have a great players at the skill positions on offense but hampered by o-line. Great secondary but bad linebackers.

They shoulda spent the asomugha m

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They shoulda spent the asomugha money on multiple different players. There really is no need for Samuel, drc, and aso

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Samuel is gone after this season. DRC looks totally uninspired and nothing like his Pro Bowl self from 2 seasons ago. Nnamdi hasn't looked like a $12 million/year player but he is there to stay.

The safeties are lacking and Allen was hurt last night (concussion) so that didn't help.

The linebacking corp is weak but it is a position the Eagles have never valued under Reid.

The defensive line is the strong point on the defense but besides Cole's strip of Forte, they did nothing all night.

Honestly, the Bears played an almost perfect game on defense. They didn't give McCoy or Vick anywhere to run, they didn't give up deep passes, the middle was well covered, etc. I give them credit.

The Eagles are going to have to run the table or at least go 7-1 to have any shot at the playoffs. All the divisions except the NFC West have at least 2 playoff caliber teams in them.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm beginning to wonder if Andy Reid is going to survive this season.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This weekend, I expected the Eagles to pull within a game of the Giants instead of falling back 3 behind.

The Eagles aren't as good as advertised and going 7-1 with their remaining schedule just isn't going to happen. In two weeks, the Giants will be looking drive a stake into them on Sunday night.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I think Philly's entire O-line are dog-lovers.... How else do you explain a damn behemoth like Peppers, running untouched in the Philly backfield in passing situations...Its been happening since last season.. Philly has never been known to have a terrible O-line like this present Vick era.... Needs to be an investigation after this season

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Maybe it's because of the beatings he's taken this season, but Vick looks worse than ever throwing the ball. His throws are so inaccurate. That pass to Maclin probably would've been a first down if he hits him in the chest. and the one that was almost picked shortly before that was way off target.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was really surprised by my Bears. I knew they’d put in a good showing after the bye but if not for some uncharacteristic fumbles from Forte, they would have dominated that game from start to finish.

O-line has really made some big strides.

11. Lil Pun

The Giants aren't as good as people are making them out to be in my opinion. I'm not saying that the Eagles will win the division, heck right now I'd say the Cowboys have the best shot, but between those three teams anybody can take it right now.

12. Major

Major Member

Giants have the schedule from hell going forward too - only one gimme game against Washington. People make a big deal about Sunday, but they struggled to score against one of the worst pass defenses in the history of football. If the Giants had done that against last year's Texans, no one would have thought anything of it.

I think Dallas and Philly are definitely still in the mix here.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

chicago is a good team. they are no gimme win.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I still don't trust the Giants, but I'm more down on the Eagles than anything else. The idea of them going 7-1 to finish the season is borderline fantasy. They won't make the playoffs. The Eagles o-line problems almost guarantee that. Makes me cringe to see Vick continually getting battered around. His effectiveness will diminish.

15. Lil Pun

I think you're reading too much into my post about their record. I'm not saying they'll go 7-1 or 8-0 but it seems like they'd have to I'm order to win the NFC East, which is their only ticket to the playoffs right now as they can kiss a WC good bye.

The Giants don't impress me, the Cowboys and Eagles are just plain inconsistent. There's no way to tell who comes away with this division yet.

16. Major

Major Member

It'll be difficult, but not impossible. Eagles get 4 gimme wins in there: Arizona, Seattle, Miami, Washington.

They absolutely have to beat the Giants. And then they need to go 2-1 vs: Dallas, New England, and the Jets. Likely? No. Possible? I think so. Chicago is arguably better than any of those teams, and they played them close - though that was at home.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

didn't seattle beat the giants?

18. Major

Major Member

Yeah - Giants have ugly losses to them and Washington. But ultimately, Seattle is 2-6 with a -60 pt differential, making them one of the worst teams in the league. If Philly can't beat them, they shouldn't be in the playoff conversation at all at this point because they have zero margin for error.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Vick keeps getting pounded, he will decline as the season wears on. The Eagles don't look like a team that will improve over the final 8 games. I'll accept "unlikely" to describe their playoff chances. But the Giants and Cowboys are also flaky, which gives them a shot.