1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Major

Major Member

I think he also probably wants/needs to find out what Jason Garrett has. He's the planned successor, but the offense has its problems, so this would be a good half-season trial. You don't want to go into the offseason and have to commit to him for a couple of years or let him go without really knowing what you have there.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The labor situation is really screwing up everything when it comes to personnel changes this year.

But you're probably right, giving Garrett an audition is the best thing the Cowboys could salvage out of this year.

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dallascowboys.com is down as of now, but that's another non story.

newy scruggs relayed a message from jason eatman of dallascowboys.com that wade's car isn't at the facility, but wade is indeed at valley ranch. something about his car is never there on the mondays when he flies back with jerry.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Did anybody catch Andy "The Giant" Reid yesterday? This clip is from 1971 and he was in the punt, pass and kick competition when he was 13 years old. Look how much bigger he is than the other participants. As somebody pointed out, I hope he was the last participant in his age group and those were a younger group behind him. LOL! :grin:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4gNFL2upZE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4gNFL2upZE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

6. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Ugh the thought of this makes me puke blood.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

F'n Cowboys!...this team is so full of quit, its ridiculous...Jenkins blatently giving up is the reason why he's the poster child of a douchebag quitter...I will say the commentary Irvin and Sanders had on the NFL network was golden...two sides, both right...

but I digress...#1 pick, here we come...

8. Lil Pun

Buffalo might have something to say about that!

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

When I first saw the screencap image of that, my reaction was, "I don't get it, he looks like a normal kid out there. It isn't like he is anyway near the size of the football player in front of him."

I watched the youtube video last night and just said, "Oh...." Then I heard someone in the background scream, "FREAK!"

"THAT'S A HUGE *****!"

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would flat out release Jenkins, Scandrick, and Ball today and replace them with someone who is at least hungry to be on the field. None of those players are worth a crap and certainly haven't made a play all season really (unless the player they are covering drops the ball unimpeded; then, they call it 'making a play' instead of sheer dumb luck). I'd rather have stationary cardboard cut-outs playing D in our secondary than those guys.

Jerry is a bumbling idiot who should fire himself. But, given that won't happen, Wade should be fired as the players have quit on him.

I'm not wondering if Cowboys are the worst team in the league this season. Regardless of Buffalo not winning a game, the Cowboys are the worst team in the NFL by far. What I'm wondering is if this isn't the worst team in the history of the NFL? Maybe I need some schooling on NFL history but we are that bad. The defense needs to be renamed the "Opposing Team Offense Generator".

I can count on probably one hand the players I would keep on the Cowboys. The rest of them are total bums with no heart and full of quit...with Mike Jenkins and Scandrick leading the way. At least half of the Cowboys roster...these players don't even belong in the NFL. Whomever is on our team undrafted...should be at home still wondering why they are undrafted.

The only player who really deserves praise this season playing through this crap is Dez Bryant. And, this is a guy who really missed a year of football and a lot of training camp. He has played better than advertised imo. Roy Williams is better this season but useless without Romo. Austin is Roy Williams of last year. The running backs and offensive line (except maybe Doug Free) are all really bad. But, the word is no running back would do well in this offense. That may very well be true...but the running backs are terrible at running and making people miss. Barber tries to plow through and goes nowhere. Felix is only good on screen passes with room to run. Choice is probably the best option...which is why he isn't playing.

Until this season, I really didn't know a team could be this bad. I mean...I thought all teams in the NFL could compete on any given Sunday. Even the bad ones can be competitive and play respectable football. But, with this team, I stand corrected. They just truly don't have a chance and it becomes all apparent once the game begins how outmatched they really are.

#250 Surfguy, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yeah great back and forth about whether it's on the coach or the players. Mainly bc I worshipped Deion as a kid, but I see his point more: same coaches same personnel on defense. No reason they should be so pathetic at least on that side of the field.

12. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Buffalo is bound to win a game , they have lost few very close games .

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd honestly take Jenkins on the Texans. He made the pro bowl in 09 and is sure as hell better than Kareem Jackson, who still gets burned even when he tries.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You can have him. PLEASE TAKE HIM! He is awful.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Phillips should take a page out of Jeff Fisher's playbook. Right after your team has quit on the season, go out in a Manning Jersey(In his case Eli), and say you just wanted to feel like a winner.

Phillips just can't do that kind of stuff. He has no idea how to light their fire.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the way the two teams are playing right now I rather be a Buffalo fan than a cowboys fan.

Buffalo sooner or later will win a game or two and probably should have already won at least 2 games, they've pretty much fought and competed in every games the last few weeks something that the cowboys have not done especially since Romo got hurt

17. Lil Pun

OK, the Panthers then. :grin:

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Agreed, Buffalo isn't THAT bad. They've lost a couple nailbiters against some legit teams. Hope they win atleast 2-3 games by the end of the year.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

After watching my Bears play the Bills and watching the general downhill slope of the cows, the cows are by far the worse team in the NFL at this moment.

The Bills are solid, they'll pick up a few wins before the season is over, the cows I can't really see that.....

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it any better...as much as I hate to watch them lose I just can't look away from the trainwreck...through the good times and bad, the cowboys will always be my team...problem is, there are bunch of people that don't even deserve to wear the uniform...Sans Dez & Ware, maybe Romo Austin and Witten, blow this team up...