1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2012.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Irrelevant
    I want to vomit from sharing even this similarity with you.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Did Clay Matthews seriously tweet Goddell's #?

Dude is going to get in serious trouble.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I just called...lollllllllllll....that was awesome...Clay Matthews...you are a G...

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I wrote this in the other thread...

While I think ultimately it was probably an interception, I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone's making it out to be. Tate did sneak in the left hand under the ball the same time Jennings wrapped both hands around it. So to me, the rule is stated vague enough that if they deem Tate would have made a very difficult one-handed catch with his left hand if Jennings wasn't there (very unlikely), I could see how you could argue that it was simultaneous possession.

Ultimately, it comes down to Jennings who had CLEAR possession (two hands, ball to chest) vs. Tate who MIGHT have had possession with one left hand, and it should have been ruled an interception, but depending on how loose you are with what a "possession" in regards to one handed catches, it's not as clear cut as everyone seems to make it. Certainly not to the level of being "the worst call ever". I think everyone's outrage has more to do with the rhetoric behind the replacement refs blowing a call than the call being actually that egregiously wrong.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Pretty sure the review officials he's talking to too while under the hood are the regular guys.

Crazy game regardless.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Clay is dead, haha...that's awesome.

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

The officials ruled both a touchdown and an interception on the play. This is what they saw and I can believe that is genuinely what they saw. The call then goes to review and I doubt there was any clear evidence that it was either a interception or a touchdown. So the call on the field stood. In that case the offensive player wins the tie. Not the worst call of all time.

Most outrage is with the lockout in general. They want the old refs back and I agree, I do too.

Also, once the ref do come back, do you believe all bad calls will magically disappear?

I like how Kubiak deals with it. Play the game, if you do what you need to do GB, there is no Hail Mary and you prevent having to put the refs in that position. Man up GB, win the game like men and quit whining. You are not winning anything that way.

8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

if you rank the teams by point differential:

1.houston/atlanta
    3.baltimore
    4.giants
    5.arizona
    6.chicago
    7.new england/seattle
    9.chargers
    10.vikes

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

So the final call could not be reviewed. I was wrong. The real problem is the rule book not allowing something's to be challenged. That is dumb. Get the call right. That includes being able to review a field goal that is above the uprights.

That brings me to my next thought. Why can't NFL stadiums install specific cameras for hard to see things, such as, a permanent camera on the goal line, goal post cameras to help determine if ball was between, first down camera, and like tennis a strip underneath the out of bounds line that will go off if a play steps out of bounds.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

More proof that the end is NOT near for the replacement officials.

NFL says right call was made:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...l-end-game-green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks

NEW YORK -- The NFL has upheld the Seahawks' 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football.

The league said in a statement Tuesday that Seattle's last-second touchdown pass should not have been overturned.

The NFL says Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch, which would have clinched a Packers victory, but that cannot be reviewed by instant replay.

The replacement officials ruled on the field that Tate had simultaneous possession with Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, which counts as a reception. The NFL says that once that happened, the referee was correct that no indisputable visual evidence existed on review to overturn the touchdown call.

On the final play, Russell Wilson heaved a 24-yard pass into a scrum in the end zone. Tate and Jennings both got their hands on the ball, though the Packers insisted Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I... guess I shouldn't have turned the game off when Seattle turned it over on downs. I wish I had seen the ending.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

by who, i havent heard anything from the media.. but had it been Greg Jennings or Charles Woodson________

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

bunch of NHL Fans venting their frustrations out at a black athlete, when a black person had nothing to do with the final play.... LITERRALLY

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

^

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SMCki0Z_AlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(NSFW)

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fYxCrugJj_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^^ :grin:

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

you know whats funny, the makers of DBZ had no idea that the way he portrayed sayians especially in the Frieza Saga was the way most whites viewed african-americans in the 30's and 40's. Vegeta, Nappa, and Radditz were slaves.. who were sent on missions to destroy planets. They were deemed worthless by Frieza, often called "apes" or "monkeys" as an insult.

If sayians are real, they are most likely black people. Thats whats so funny about people of others races making fun of that video.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

whens that nhl lockout gonna end

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

stfu about race already!! :mad:
    you always say that if a black athlete would do it, then______

why RGIII is having all the commercials, but Andrew Luck the no.1 pick isnt??
    why you never bring that up?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Because he's a racist, worthless P.O.S. skyrimownsall, not Andrew Luck.