1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

.....Continued from last page

You know what I expect, from the other team? To stop or contain Jackson because that's what really pisses him off or any player for that matter and it is their freaking job! A big hit, he gets right back up and keeps playing or gets time off and still gets paid and then comes back and acts just the same.

When they played the Bears a few weeks ago, the Bears completely made a non-factor out of Jackson and it made him irate. He complained about his role on the team, his number of touches, his paycheck, got lambasted by Reid and the media, teammates, etc. Same thing with the Packers game, completely non-factor and you heard nothing from him. See, that's what really gets to him or any good player, the shut down of their production and guess what, they cannot celebrate and they either have to be quiet and/or complain. I go by the old Warren Sapp mantra, if you don't want to be taunted or see a guy celebrate then stop him. Yes, it really is that simple. Jackson has showboated against some of those teams before and guess what, he probably wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

#281 Lil Pun, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

....Continued

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sal Alosi's devious act was not a coincidence

Sal Alosi, the New York Jets coach who tripped a Miami Dolphins player on the sidelines during last Sunday's game, didn't "just happen" to be there.

The Jets have discovered that he strategically ordered players to "form a wall" in that specific place.

A reader going by the name of Farrell sent this in last night (edited just a bit for clarity):

On every Miami punt, they were all lined up on the sideline. They would even switch ends of the bench area when the quarters changed. I checked my TiVo. It's amazing I'm the only one who has noticed this. The returner would always return to the same side as their bench, hoping that the gunner would get caught up and trip with the 6 coaches lined up shoulder to shoulder with their toes within the white sideline. It is an amazing coincidence that they were all lined up in such a manner. Every time! Then they would disperse after the punt and reconvene when Miami had to punt again. Rex Ryan is a cheater and I caught him.

Rex Ryan isn't the cheater -- If you believe him, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said today that neither Ryan or special teams coach Mike Westhoff were involved in the plan -- but I'll let Farrell have his fun. I'm sure Patriots fans who have heard cries of "cheater!" from Jets fans for a few years now don't mind this news at all.

As far as further punishment goes, the Jets have changed Alosi's suspension from "the rest of the season" to "indefinitely." My guess is that it'll morph again into something even more serious: termination.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ious-act-was-not-a-coincidence?urn=nfl-296526