1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Why did they give Favre a 30 minutes post game interview? The ****er didn't even play, my god. Streaks impressive but okay, it's annoying now.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i want favre to die.

seriously... not even kidding. get this guy out of my life. i cant take it anymore.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shaud

Shaud Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Some interesting interviews by some of the Vikings players

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

cell phone rapist needs to gtfo.

6. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Says the middle-aged man who creeps on teenage kids.

Awkward.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

That wasn't funny at all.

Dumb post of the day.

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0o_Ycabu55Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0o_Ycabu55Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sit down kid and learn by watching a real pro do it with class and dignity. Make the most unbelievable catch and what do you? No taunts just walk down the endzone with your head sky high.

Class. DeSean doesn't have it.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ahh one thousand dollars on the line in fantasy football. Up 50 coming into tonights game

Damn you Andre Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

As don't a lot of wide receivers. Are you a partial Cowobys fan or something, if not why are you simply singling out DeSean because a number of wide receivers do similar antics all the time.

11. Lil Pun

What was said?

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Why is he singling him out...?

Because he's the most recently, obvious example of poor sportsmanship on national tv?

13. Lil Pun

Yeah but he's been bashing him several times in this thread and even made a comment about Dunta Robinson's helmet meeting DeSean's face later on in the year here. This of course after a hit Robinson made on Jackson that caused a pretty significant concussion that potentially did/could cause brain injury in the future. Is that exactly classy on his part?

There's been some pretty classless moves by a lot of players this season so why didn't they get called out in previous weeks? Why is DeSean Jackson getting bashed repeatedly and having an injury made fun of. I have stated in several threads that there are teams and players I don't like but I do not wish any player any harm and I would never applaud or poke fun at somebody's injury, doing so is classless and in the end it is just a game. His post is hypocritical.

#273 Lil Pun, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  14. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I'm happy to see I influence you so much that you use my tag line!

I saw a white van in front of your house. I hope you don't creep at high schools in that.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Why doesn't he stop acting like a douchebag on national TV and maybe he wouldn't be mocked by half the country by now. Also your automatic assumption that anyone who laughs at his dumb, childish taunts is somehow "just an upset Cowboys fan," is pathetic. Look at my previous post in this thread, I made it pretty clear what the definition of class is in today's NFL. To your last point, if DeSean is going to act like jackass and taunt defenses after scoring, then by all means, he deserves a shot in the face. I never wish for a guy to get injured but a helmet to the chin might knock some sense back into certain players, Cortland Finnegan among them. Treat others with respect and you will be admired and respected by your peers. Ask anyone in the league of what they have to say about Andre Johnson and you'll hear nothing but praises. Every single TV commentator, analysts, and columnists came out in defense of Dre after that incident. Now, ask the same about DeSean and see what you get? There is a reason why Dunta laid that helmet to his face.

Don't get me wrong DeSean is extremely talented at the wide receiver postion, but so are a dozen other receivers in the league. Plus, the league already has a class clowned named Ocho Cinco. No need for more fools to act like complete idiots after scoring a touchdown. Learn from Dre, keep your head up, speak softly, and show respect or defenders will pound you to the ground every time you mock them after scoring. That's is why you have guys like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed walk up to Dre last and give him a big hug and pat on the back for putting in a spectacular effort without mocking anyone. That kind of respect is earned by showing class even when utterly detroying your opponent to the point of submission.

17. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It really wouldn't make sense for AJ to taunt after this TD because they were still down by two and they had the potential to lose. DJ's TD essentially put the game away.

18. Lil Pun

Like I and others have said, he isn't the only one who acts like this. He did apologize for it as well later on and said it won't happen again.

Is that what I said or are you misquoting me there? Yeah, you're misquoting me because all I did was ask and never accused you of being a Cowboy fan. Stop assuming.

And as I have said, other players exhibit similar behavior in the NFL and half of them don't apologize as DeSean did the next day and again you're not calling any of them out, just Jackson.

This is ignorant. I don't think anybody deserves to be hit, laid out or possibly injured because of the way they act. That's what penalties, fines and respect is for and if DeSean receives or doesn't receive those then that is what he deserves, nothing else and definitely not concussion causing hits.

So are you a Texans fan since you keep salivating over Johnson? I agree, Johnson is the premiere wide receiver in the game but he is also an anomaly because the wide receiver position is specifically know for the diva type of behavior that DeSean exhibits. I'd say 3-4 other big name wide receivers follow in Johnson's path, not that many. Plenty of other wide receivers exhibit it, it's nothing new so I don't get why you are complaining about just him, especially since he has acted this way pretty much his entire career, it's not like he deviated and went in a different direction from his previous behavior.

What was the reason Robinson hit Jackson? Did he say previously that he didn't like Jackson? Did he say previously he was disrespectful or out to get him? Did he really what to risk injury to himself just to give it good to DeSean? Or, was it just a bang-bang situation where two players were going full speed and no malicious intent was there. Yeah, I am pretty sure that is it and even Robinson said so.

And at least a dozen pull the antics he does.

Along with Moss, Owens, Williams, etc. and that's just wide receivers. Like I have said, this isn't anything new that we haven't seen from other players in this position.

Again, Johnson is an anomaly. Perhaps you need to get on the tails of other receivers so they act the same.

I've seen Ray Lewis and others hug Owens, Ochocinco, Jackson and all the other wide receivers who have played against them regardless of attitude. That's just sportsmanship.

19. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Okay then what is the big deal about? Your guy acted like a dumbass, got ridiculed for it by everyone, he then apologized and so why are you calling me out for laughing at his childish behavior?

Sounded like bait to me even though I dropped the Dunta and Dre reference a few posts before. Sorry sometimes I get pissed if someone even tries to insinuate me being a Cowboys fan. BTW thanks for beating them.

Dude I don't spend most of my time calling out every punk wide receiver in the league but I did mention the class clown Ocho Cinco in the last post. Okay then I'll just call out the others Owens, Burress, Moss, Michael "cocaine' Irvin, who else did I miss?

What do you expect after taunting your opponent? A rose bouquet? This is the NFL, there is no need to give someone a reason to slam you to the ground. It's a physical game. That hit by Dunta was never intentional and I understand the circumstance behind it. Also, my original post never showed the vicious hit by Dunta, that was posted later by another poster and not me. I only said that this kind of behavior will come at a price if the Eagles play the Falcons in the playoffs. Its one thing to punk Terrence Newman but to try that to in front of better defenses like the Falcons, Bears, Saints, Giants, or Packers will cost DeSean.

Exactly, Johnson is a class act role model NFL receiver. They hardly make those anymore. However, my point was that far too many young players at the high school and collegiate level look at guys like DeSean on national TV and imitate his style and swagger when in fact they should follow the example of Johnson on how to carry yourself like a professional who btw says he was greatly influenced by the father of classy NFL receivers Jerry Rice. See guys like DeSean grew up idolizing the Terrell Owens of the world which shows in the way he carries himself on the field.

Yes, I never said that DeSean was the only douchebag in league but I will say this, DeSean is the only supremely talented douchebag in the league. ;)

Yes, but it still doesn't make the behavior any more acceptable.

Just did above so check that.

It was quite different from the usual post-game sportsmanship stuff. Wish I could find video of that on the internet. This was one of those moments between fierce competitors where both mutually acknowledge each other's vast superiority over similar competition. The Ravens were completely exhausted and out of juice at the end with guys throwing water towels and taking IV right before the TD by Dre. It was an epic moment where the defense had nothing left in the tank. Lewis and Reed acknowledged that Johnson single-handedly outplayed their entire defense even with double coverage. It was a playoff caliber moment. What Andre did to that defense deserves nothing but the highest accolades. The Ravens were beat badly and they knew. The hug between Lewis and Dre was acknowledgement of the fact that Johnson was the better man and player on the field that night.

20. Lil Pun

I don't think he acted like a dumbass, that is completely subjective and opinion. I thought he was a tad immature during his interview but I rather enjoyed his touchdown celebration. Several Cowboy players that it was rude but several others thought it was no big deal. Several articles pointed him out but several articles came to his defense. It's not as cut and dry as you make it seem. The reason I called you out is because of the referencing of the Dunta hit, which was classless, just like you are accusing Jackson of being. Hypocritical, no?

No need to apologize, it's all just good discussion. I didn't beat them though, the Eagles did. ;)

I just don't understand why you came down so hard on Jackson in this thread when, as I have stated, the behavior is nothing new to him or his position.

Continued on next page.....