1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. number22

number22 Member

Thread of the year? :cool:

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i know, right.:(

all i did was post a friendly reminder that the bet was effectively over and that it was time to pay. i may have gotten a "prick" or a poke in, as should be my right as the winner, but it was all obviously in good fun.

3. jo mama

how exactly am i making it personal and how is trueroxfan not making it personal?

and is your interjection into this discussion about the thread...or is it personal?:eek::eek::eek:

4. jo mama

DONT HATE DA PLAYA, HATE DA GAME!

#4604 jo mama, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

go find and read all my posts then. have fun.
    you might learn something.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jo mamma regulating!

1 person likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

There was an unwritten rule back then,
    you have to win in the playoffs to be considered great.

those days are gone now.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Well we know that the TOFs didn't write them cause they can't spell or write anything that makes any sense

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This thread is a piss-fest.

Clutch needs to lock this up because it's beyond childish at this point.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's sad that these so called "TOFs" can't have the right to cheer on their favorite player without the incessant bickering ignited by the "Anti-TOFs". Microcosm of American society right there. "I don't agree with you so I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure you don't get your way period."

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What? And have this crap going from thread to thread to thread in every other forum? lol. This is like a containment device for lunacy.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Tonight:

Tracy McGrady, SG DNP

What's the DNP stand for??

Did Not Pay??

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I guess I never thought of that.

Actually makes perfect sense now.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo, this is the greatest single thread on Clutchfans. A prison, in fact...

15. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

In another words this thread has become a diaper.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hey I was just discussing the games...

17. tinman

Supporting Member

DNP CD?

Did Not Pay Clutchfans Donation?

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

In other words Tmac is a baby. As soon as he retires we will stop hearing about his shet.. lol

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

You really believe that...

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I don't believe it.

A tenor of concern? Or at least common sense?

For Tracy McGrady, no less?

Heaven forfend.

I better make sure I'm at the right ClutchFans site...

Do you really believe for one minute, TheGreat, that if McGrady had decided HIMSELF not to play through that injury (that a vast majority of people still don't believe WAS a serious injury at all)...

...that there wouldn't have been an inquisition and a charge of sedition with a matching death sentence for him in this town?

The way I remember that entire scenario playing out in 2007-2008...McGrady injured his knee either during or right after that monstrous early season game of his in Utah...the Rockets were willing to let McGrady alone as long as Yao was around, because everyone in the know actually KNEW how potentially serious McGrady's injury was.

The team doctor and the team trainer went out of their way to explain to anyone who bothered to care about the truth (since they had to hear about how McGrady was making a big fuss over nothing)...although they did manage to wait too long to do that....

Rick Adelman was in his first season as the Rockets' head coach. There were mutterings from every little dirty corner that McGrady and Adelman were at odds...specifically with the role Adelman envisioned McGrady playing in his offense—scorer, as opposed to facilitator. A better version of Kevin Martin, actually. That early season game in Utah proved to both Adelman and everybody else that McGrady could function in an offense where he was not the primary ballhandler—if the team was solid enough in other areas, McGrady could do what I believe he does as well as anyone (and certainly better than anybody else on the roster could), and that is to score.

With the Rockets struggling until Yao went down later that season, Adelman was hardly inclined to give away wins, whether McGrady was "faking" an injury or not. Nobody else he had on his roster (Ron Artest did not arrive until the following season—2008-2009) gave Adelman any confidence in securing wins than did McGrady.

Even if he was playing on one leg.

Adelman's job as a coach is to win games. If given the choice to make again, knowing how things would eventually turn out, I doubt seriously if Adelman (or anyone on the staff or in the organization) would have decided on sitting McGrady until they got the thing with his knee figured out.

McGrady played on painkillers and muscle relaxers for about three months, including the playoffs. That thing happens a great deal of the time in pro sports—most of the time, any player worth his salt will do whatever he can to get himself on the court or on the field. Most players will risk the long term for the short term, given the choice to make themselves. Gregg Popovich had to forcibly sit Manu Ginobili a couple of seasons ago to give Manu time to heal from an injury properly.

That something like that happened with McGrady can't be accepted, because, as we are all forced to accept, McGrady doesn't have a sliver of competitive or professional pride in his worthless body.

There was no incentive for McGrady himself to play the rest of that season, being that McGrady is so self-centered and gutless. He was not going to be traded (even the rumored trade to Detroit for Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton was rejected BY THE ROCKETS ORGANIZATION). His contract still had another year at max payment. He could have packed his bag and left the Rockets, and nobody would have cared, apparently.

McGrady was already out of here, in a lot of eyes. All that was needed was a good excuse.

I honestly don't know what's worse, TheGreat. The loathing and hatred of Tracy McGrady for every negative for the Rockets the last five seasons....

...or the persistent and insipid belief that somehow, he manufactured it all himself...or at least, asked for it or deserved it through some whim of cosmic fate....