1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dont know much about her. That being said i would want a candidate from a legalized mar1juana state to make that part of their agenda

I know that isnt happening this election.

Her mother was a breast cancer scientist and her father an economics professor (from wiki)

She probably is very smart. Also i always do notice how attractive she is

#81 pgabriel, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll go ahead and say you aren't really a good person to judge who should be allowed or not allowed to call themselves Americans.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What a crazy yet convenient definition of "liberal" that you claim others have.

5. NewRoxFan

B-Bob likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are following me around these days from thread to thread. What a compliment.

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

because she is getting blasted from BOTH sides:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/kamala-harris-bad-on-criminal-justice/

I personally might want to see a centrist but there's no WAY she's going to attract much support from the Democratic worker bees who will push her candidacy toward the Democratic nomination.

8. NewRoxFan

Since I am someone that thinks extremism on either side can lead to more problems (as we are currently finding out), I find people that get criticized by both sides are often aligned with my thinking. I don't know that much about Harris, but so far, so good. I also want to hear more from Amy Klobuchar who also seems to be more of a centrist.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Yes, that's one way to think of it. o_O

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is stupid. As district attorney her job isnt working for defendants. She has a job first and that was prosecuting as a law enforcement officer

She is enforcing law not making it

Edit: thats not to say it wouldn't be used against her by progressives but as a district attorney she has a duty

#90 pgabriel, Jan 22, 2019
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I guess that there is no need for comparisons when you are only critical of one side.

12. adoo

adoo Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯,

do u even know who Brian Leiter is ?

the extremes that haters like OT and Deji McGever would go to just to be dismissive of the candidacy of Kamala Harris,
    the US Senator from Cali, as well as the former AG from Cali
    • Deji makes Willie Brown out to be a political king maker, when he never was
    • OT makes a relative unknown professor / blogger out to be an influential figure, as if his opinion is gospel
    at least Willie Brown was in the political arena​

#92 adoo, Jan 22, 2019
    Rashmon likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

no I guess I don't know who Brian Leiter is. I would absolutely LOVE to get your explanation of who Brian Leiter is. That would be fun.

jcf likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

OT is back-pedaling

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and you are the one poster here I have absolutely NO problem acknowledging having on ignore. it was a mistake to respond to you.

jcf likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Both sides meaning progressives and Trumpers?

What did you expect? Nothing is every progressive enough for the Bernie wing unless its Bernie or FDR comes back from the grave, and Trumpers are going to Trumper. They will come out guns blazing against anyone, and everyone not named Trump. Breitbart & co. have had two years to pull dirt on everyone running, and they are fully ready to bloody up everyone.

I think we are waaayyyy too early on Dem support in general. Her positions I've seen are in the modern Dem mainstream (medicare for all, LGBTQ rights, voting rights, minimum wage increase etc.). I don't think the majority of Dems or so-called "independents" who are essentially Democrats have a fully formed opinion yet. I don't think many people are going to take much stock into her record as a prosecutor TBH. Unless she represented Trump at some point.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Well, they can’t all run as the female candidate can they? unless Harris’s gameplan is to run as Clinton 2.0 (in which case I wish her luck), she’s going to need the Bernieites. And if the game plan is to run as Obama 2.0, she’s probably gonna help Trump get re-elected to a second term.

So to get this kind of criticism this early . . . I don’t see that as a positive

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I see it a bit differently. Early criticism from the right I expect because I know she's one of the candidates that has been researched for two years. Steve Bannon said it himself that even in early 2017, he was working on information to use against her and others to help Trump in 2020. So negative talking points early are expected as her name has been on the list since 2017. If the negative info keeps on coming out, and the mainstream media falls for it like they did with Hillary, yeah... it will be a problem with suppression which is Trump's gameplan (bloody up enough to suppress).

You are right though about the support needed from the Bernie bros who can suppress voter enthusiasm. But I think Bernie has the opportunity himself to back the candidate, or candidates in a far more effective way that he did with Hillary (although I do think he did a decent job of campaigning for her after he lost). However it has to be him, and him alone that works on messaging with the candidates to ensure they are aligned. I don't see the Bernie bro's being a problem if Bernie decides not to run. If he runs I think it will be a problem for the serious candidates.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

oh I think he's running. if only to stir the pot like he did last time. by now I think he expects the DNC party establishment to be against him

20. HTM

HTM Member

I will be interested to see what the fallout is in 2020 campaign from the DNC being a shill for Clinton in the 2016 campaign. If there is any issues presented from that at all.