1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Giants @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 19, 2018.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And? That's how this fandom thing works...especially when you're a fan of a team that has given so little to cheer for over their entire existence. That 12-4 season was fun but I'm tired of mediocrity being the best case scenario.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

BOB needs to go see the Bob's

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

It took 8 years to get rid of Kubiak......

It took 12 years to get rid of Rick Smith.....

Right now we are on year 5 of O'Brien and he is 31-35 and trending the wrong direction, having gone 1-11 recently.

texans1095 likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

When Kubiak's teams were doing bad instead of switching head coaches they fixed the problem and gave him a real coordinator. Things turned around. Plus Rick Smith saved his job by helping that turn around by giving them Joseph, Manning, and Watt. Kubiak has proven he is not a bad coach. I'm sure if Rick Smith gets another job, he'll do the same. I would rather give the head coach the tools he needs (and some of what he wants) rather than switching head coaches every few years. If the coach still can't succeed after that then he's gone. Rebuilding sucks. I'm on team GIVE O'BRIEN AN OC and let's see how the team does.

Everyone is going to point to the injuries and blame Rick Smith for last year's record. Most teams would be bad if they lost their starting QB, 3 defensive starters, starting Left Tackle, all your tight ends, and your 2nd best receiver. I'm the last person to be defending O'Brien but I can see why the team would wan to give him another chance with a more healthy team (especially the QB). Now if he still can't get it turned around this season then he needs to be force-fed an OC or let go.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

We all see the problem but we don't know enough to have the solution.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hence the reason I, and the rest of us, vent on a message board.

Nimo likes this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

I'm with ya!

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

DatRocketFan and red5rocket like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't consider my a hater, just a tired fan of watching my team being so mediocre and wasting the prime careers of legit players. I will never forget the lost potential of andre Johnson's career playing for this mediocre franchise. It baffles me how long it took to finally draft a competent qb.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Did you at any point during the 1st 2 games really feel like we were going to win either one?

We were down 24-6 in the 2nd half of the Pats game and 27-13 with just over 2 minutes remaining. The late TD made it look closer than it was. And of course we were down 14-0 and playing totally flat against what should have been the easiest win of the season the next week.

I really do hate to pile on, I've been defending this team for years....but I think this team has serious problems right now, like 1) the worst OL in the league, b) awful playcalling and clock management and 3) an overrated defense that only looks good on paper. And can't forget about our brilliant special teams.

I just don't think we're as close as you think, unfortunately.

waytookrzy079, juanm34 and BMoney like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Our team has so many issues, but the mass is content that we barely lost. What I find disturbing is our offense isnt scoring easily, Mia tight ends, lack of defensive takeaways, and lack of improvement.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Patriots maybe not but your pushing it saying we didn’t think we could come back and beat the titans

Texans lose to the giants, season over and BOB should be fired. Crennel plays our dbs 10 yards off Odell, he should be fired. No one should no longer be safe after 0-3 start. Too much talent on this team

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One more thing they should start doing is getting the ball to Jordan Thomas. The guy has good hands and speed. Not to mention his being 6'5 250+ lbs. This kid should have more than a couple of catches on the season.

17. AB423

AB423 Member

The battle of the two worst offensive lines in football.. who will win?? Texans are 7 point favorites so that means they will win right?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't forget about seattle

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

This guy must have one of the worst hamstring pulls or strain of all hamstring strains.

Keke Coutee (hamstring) is questionable for Week 3 against the Giants. He was also questionable last week before getting downgraded to out. There's a chance Coutee returns Sunday, but he won't have a role behind DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, and Bruce Ellington.

[​IMG]

Nook and coachbadlee like this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How is it that 3 pretty good QBs have these sh**** offensive lines?