1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Rick came into a great situation over in Dallas, their core was already in place. This season they were selected to one of the top teams in the NBA. The media and ex players/commentators were giving them a lot of praise. Calling them contenders. So why are we bringing up the fact that they don't have a Harden type. The point is they have the better overall talent .

Yes we were out coached. Guess what it even happen to the best them.

Not only was we out coached we had key players playing when they wanted to. We have one player making some of the silliest mistakes for an NBA professional player. We were out hustle in dam near every game. And the refs gave us the business in several of those games.

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

Ariza has been getting open shots. He's just not making them, whether its because its a non contract year or not is a whole nother story

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Its not that simple. Even the best elite shooters, if they dont have a good rhythm they will have a hard time shooting. You can't expect a non-elite ahooter to shoot efficiently when theres no ball movement to shoot well cold or unexpected.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The only thing I said was Carlisle didn't have James Harden. That's a bunch of excuses?

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is the only point anyone it trying to make. Again everyone who comes in here to defend Mchale thinks that it's personal but it's not. He get's outcoached in big games, and we all know it. You can put up whatever regular season record you want.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is not true, Carlisle got that group going and they fired him. Carlisle did all the work the year before and Brown ran with it. Second I never even brought up Carlisle you did, so why are you arguing with me like I said we should hire him?

7. Airdough

Airdough Member

This thread, in the midst of a season where the Rockets are exceeding expectations (given the moves from the offseason), is why we can't have nice things.

All fan bases have arm chair coaches and all fan bases have people who will defend anything and everything about the organization to the bitter end.

At the end of the day, I don't know of many other coaches that would have coaxed a better record out of this current roster. There is no true point guard, the rim protection and best center in the game has been out the majority of the season, and there are multiple new players that have to be integrated together.

We can keep complaining about McHale but no one better is walking through that door and the guy the majority of fans here refer to as the best GM in the game, gave McHale a three year extension. How many coaches are truly better than McHale? Pops, Carlisle, Budenholzer, Kerr, and maybe Thibs (the latter three still either have to prove it in the playoffs and/or have flaws of their own). Everyone else is either worse than McHale or on par with him.

Some moves you are seeking McHale to make sometimes just don't exist given this roster. I've seen people call out for zone defense when that might not be a strength of the current personnel or want Harden's minutes reduced when there isn't another viable option to replace even a fraction of his playmaking in the lineup. Other times, the players actually do need to step and do their jobs. There is only so much scheming you can do to hide deficiencies in personnel at this level.

1 person likes this.
  8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

What team was called a contender in preseason and which one a pretender then there you go. A coach with a pretender team is going over expectations, even when people said if one of the two superstar missed a lot games, Houston was done.
    Tell me which realistic hire can do better than Kevin?

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

If you value sanity you would stop argueing with him. All the posters who bumb this thread everyday will take ANYONE over Mchale no matter the circumstances. There is no point using reason or logic.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Can't argue with you on that know fact. I'm just saying Morey needs to stand pat on his main core pieces. That way Mchale might do better in big games. Chemistry is very important in this sport.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said I wanted Rick Carlisle, he brought him up.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Better coach? Aren't we ahead of the Clippers?

13. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

You know how I know Mchale is a bad coach? Dmo takes himself out of almost every single game because he always fouls the PG in the pick and roll and the coaches never tell him/don't tell him to stop guarding them that close.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That's on Dmo not the coach.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

What a Bull***** Coach

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

idiot doesn't realize how we need a second offensive option...doesn't go to dmo in the 2nd quarter or go to canaan...dunce

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale is a waste of human space. Dude just stands there watching a Suns run, a huge run where they turn a 9 point deficit into an 8 point lead in a matter of minutes.

What an embarassment

1 person likes this.
  18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Good to know Mchale can't get through to his players

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"we gotta get some activity goin guys, c'mon guys, clap clap"

1 person likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I just wanna thank Kevin Mchale for allowing James Harden to save our asses night in and night out. :)