1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. baubo

baubo Member

I agree that Harden is going hero mode. But that’s why it’s important there’s someone he can trust with scoring. DMo tonight just looked like crap.

It’s natural that he’d have that “I gotta do it myself” mentality when others are struggling. This is why it’s so important to have Dragic or Lawson or some other good PG, someone whom Harden would feel comfortable giving the ball to. You saw this with Kobe when he got Gasol.

McHale talked about taking the ball out of Harden's hands more. But we've seen half a season or Beverley/Terry running the team very badly when they've done that. Gotta improve the personnel.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree. There is a reason whenever rockets get a player that is supposed be a good shooter all of sudden they fall off a cliff. In Washington, Ariza was amazing because he was getting set shots on balance. Here his shots are significantly more difficult. Terry all of a sudden can't shoot? I don't think these players are being utilized correctly.

We got Ariza coming off screens to get 3 point shots when that isn't his strength. Ariza shouldn't be running and shooting. Terry is the one who should be coming of screens but they rarely do do that for him.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Don't wurri giuse. We stil 19 gamez ovr .500.

We has a gud coach all yu peple are idiotz thinking yu no beter.

Am I right McHale apologists? Scratch that I sure I am. That's a spot on impersonation.

1 person likes this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's definitely a coaching problem but people don't wanna hear that, they'll just label you a whiner and a hater. Morey gave us a style but that doesn't mean that Morey is to blame because the coach is not able to execute that style appropriately.

1 person likes this.
  5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Klay is head over hills better than Ariza shooting the 3. Lol Ariza just came back down to earth. Only one good season shooting the 3 ball.

Agreed Terry and Harden needs to coming off screens instead of Ariza. Maybe Ariza is knocking that shot down in practice.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've been ragging on Morey and especially Les since last summer. Morey has done a good job filling out the bench and replacing Parsons with Ariza. But he has to do something about the PG position. Unfortunately, Dwight's injury really handcuffs him in terms of moving either T-Jones or D-Mo in a trade and the simple fact may be that not many quality PGs will be available between now and the trade deadline.

Regardless of what happens over the next few days, Morey's #1 priority between now and this summer better damn well be to get a legit starting PG on this team. Stop worrying about "flexibility" for some elusive superstar who probably won't wind up here anyway. Get Harden a backcourt partner who can create off the dribble and make a damn open jumper.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Now this is what I agree with the most. Count you are the man.

8. baubo

baubo Member

It seems every other complaint about McHale is just made up. Why can't we discuss things with facts rather than fiction? If your hatred of the coach is based on things that are not real, and you wonder why there are fans who defend him?

Let's compare some notable before/after, shall we?

Terry - Rockets 38.5%, Previous 2 years, 37.6%
    Parsons - Rockets last year 37%, Mavs this year, 37.8%
    Brewer - Rockets 32%, Previous 2 years, 28% (ignoring this year's Minnesota stat since they've had no Rubio)
    Lin - Knicks 32%, Rockets last year 35.8%, Lakers - 37.2%

Those are the main Rockets players within the past couple of years where you can compare before and after where age can't be attributed to as a factor(Garcia).

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

3 more years

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is on Morey... He is the one who wants him here.

11. NotChandlerParsons

How about the fact that Trevor Ariza is shooting like garbage; there is no spacing in the corner because Dwight's gotta have his post touches.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. baubo

baubo Member

Please read before you respond. That was neither Dreamshook's statement nor my response.

If you are purposely ignoring my statement just so you can hate on McHale, then you are a terrible fan.
    If you simply don't bother to read before responding, then you are an ignorant fan.

Either way, it's fans like you who make constructive criticism impossible because everything that's said is "sky is falling" rather than truly discuss actual coaching issues.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think people are responding too is his shooting recently not over the whole year. Last night was Jason Terry's best shooting night from 3 in his last 5 games. He went 2-5 from downtown. Then 0-3, 1-3, 0-1, and 0-2.

Core Brewer:

1-3, 1-3, 0-5, 1-2, and 0-1.

Patrick Beverly:

0-2, 1-5, 0-2, 2-6, and 1-3.

15. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

If Dorsey is still starting once Terrence Jones has his feel back, I think we can safely name McHale the worst active coach in the league.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think we can safely assume some people don't consider everything when making judgements on decisions.

Care to guess who the best rebounder is on the team now that Dwight is out?

That's right. Dorsey

22nd in the entire league in rebound rate. 16th in the league in rebounds per minute.

You know what we lack without Dwight? That's right. Rebounding.

He may be a negative in just about everything else, but the one thing he is really good at is one of the main things we miss without Dwight.

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Well a great coach like Stan Van Gundy could not make Josh smith work in his team while the awful coach you talked about took his game to a different level and is actually helping a team win.

Tell me which coach with all the injuries to this team and without a true PG have his team with the 4th best record in the NBA.

Why a great coach like the guy in Dallas, who is coaching a team that was praise for all the talent they got in the off season not able to be better than a coach who's team was rated to maybe miss the playoff?

1 person likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

haha :grin:

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Rick Carlisle doesn't have James Harden there is no one close to James on that team but when he had the prime talent he won a championship with them. That same coach took an 8th seeded team and almost beat the SPURS last year. We were fourth and were clearly out coached last year.

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Sound like a bunch of excuses, Kevin was never given a team that should have won the NBA title if not for the NBA refs with and with an MVP included. And McHale this year with an MVP candidate haven finish yet.

Rick Carlisle had a great team on Detroit that keep losing on the playoff and when he was given a better team he end up getting beat and out-coach by his former team with a better coach who was able to win a championship.

Rick Carlisle with Dallas with a former MVP got a 2nd seed on the west that lost to and 7 seed in the first round to a better coach, and since that championship he is been sucking in Dallas, even with and ultra praise Dallas team this year, with all the hype in the world.