1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We were 4th seed and had plenty of talent, so yes we should have gotten to the 2nd round last year, if we got further than that I would be singing Mchales praises.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They should revoke your membership after this comment, lol. Or atleast ban you for a week, lol.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why for speaking the truth. Did we get out the 1st round under RA or JVG? Lol

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So you're over here judging people about Mchale and you can't even recall something so fundamental. I know people that don't even keep up with the team that can answer that question.

Adelman got us to win 22 games his 1st year and 6 games against the Jazz (Rafer was injured and AB was too inexperienced)-- I think we would have won those.

The next year he had T-Mac go down and Artest take his place along side Yao. They played true team ball with Adelman playing the likes of Brooks, Scola, Landry, Wafer, Lowry to their strengths--ultimate team like on both ends of the floor. They were on pace to be the 2nd seed until a series of very unlucky events happend the last game of the seas (against Denver?) if I recall correctly.

They weren't a collection of "superstars" outside of Yao, just damn good reinforcements to help the big fella and a multiprong attack---completely b**** slapping the blazers in the 1st round. Then we proceeded to play LA, who had swept us in the RS and beat them in game 1 in their house. Despite Yao going down, Brooks/Landry/Artest/Scola/Hayes/Battier/Lowry took the would-be champs to 7 games.

So yes, you are so incredibly wrong that you shouldn't post in this thread anymore.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I forgot to include that Yao went down that 1st year with Adelman because everybody pretty much knows that, but in case you didn't remember that either I'll point it out.

So No Yao his 1st year and no T-Mac his 2nd year. Yet they still over-achieved like crazy and managed to win one series, and took a crazy loaded Lakers team-would be champs to 7 games without Yao or T-Mac.

It was amazing, and shows what proper direction can do for players you might think are ordinary.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Last we were pretty even with Portland. It could have went either way. A few calls could have went our way, a couple big time shot could have dropped in for us. Can't blame that solely on Mchale. Remember Harden didn't show up to the party until the 3rd game. In the 2nd game he shot the ball over 30+ and didn't even make 1/3rd of them. You do remember Mr. Lin huh. Lol I could go on and on.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh that's right we got past a very young portland team under RA.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Los also chill out dude. I wished we Morey would have kept RA. He is a HOF coach. We should have gotten past the 1st and 2nd round with both RA and JVG.

Now back to the topic at hand. If we make it past the 2nd round with this terrible coach, will you be screaming he should be fired still?

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Nope. Even thought the 1st round is a pretty low bar, I'll consider the season a success if we win 1 series. I just don't understand how this style of play can last with pressure defense (like last yr) . The Brewer acquisition gave me some hope , as he is the type of player you want in the post season. Pure hustle, can drive, hit that midrange, and knock the corner 3---all while not sacrificing anything on the defensive end, but that still depends on how you structure the team. If you look at Rick's teams everybody knew their role and the offense would always make the defense pay in some way.

We'll see, but I don't really see the rockets beating any team other than the Mavs and Thunder/Phoenix (which ever one makes it). The latter is kind of out of the question since they will be the 8th seed at best and the rockets will be anywhere from 3-6

1 person likes this.
  10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I believe we can beat any team not named the Spurs in the playoffs now. Like you said the addition of Brewer, I'm adding a controlled Josh Smith and playoffs vet Jason Terry. We now have a very deep bench. The emergence of Dmo and a healthy Jones we should be able to run with any team. Mchale looks to have his team playing with great chemistry and playing solid Defense.

But hey we shall see Los. There is no excuse now.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It didn't go either way. Either way and equal is a 7 games series someone has to win at the buzzer. We went 6 games lost our first 2 at home, series was over there, their coach showed clearly that he had a better understanding on how to keep a team on it's toes. Mchale has no clue just go iso Harden and Howard and hope it works.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Playing the way we have been playing the only teams in a seven game series I think we could beat would be Dallas and Phoenix, because they don't play D. I just don't see us getting past anyone else maybe the Clippers because they have been slumping but they seem to have our number.

13. RESINator

RESINator Member

Revisionist history. You really don't remember how outcoached and outplayed we were by the Blazers? The 1st half of this rockets-blazers game is pretty reminiscent of that.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha ok

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

During the regular season we were evenly matched. And every game in that playoffs series was pretty close is what I'm talking about. Some of those games we lost, we could have won.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

FIRE MOREY!
    FIRE MCHALE!
    TRADE JAMES HARDEN!
    TRADE DWIGHT HOWARD!
    (I'm joining the loser, whining fan base now)

1 person likes this.
  17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I feel like we have a good shot against the Spurs. We have had their number of late. Funny no mention of the warriors who curb stomped us the last two outings. Or the clippers who have our number.

18. downbytheriver

Every time we play a good team, this clown is exposed.

Wait for the next game against MILWAUKEE or NEW YORK, and fans will forget how were wasting a Lotta talent.

1 person likes this.
  19. anchel

anchel Member

Who cares if we have chances at first round? A team coached by Kevin McHale has automatically no championship chances. And you can make any move you want, Daryl. Dragic, whoever. We will maintain 0 chances while that man is coaching this team.

1 person likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lol here we go again.