1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont fire him. demote him to lead assistant, and get a new head coach. maybe bump finch up. he was supposed to take over after mchale with the rebuild process.

2. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

^ new copy and paste

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This.

The one thing McHale apologists were giving him for and I kinda accepted was that he is a players coach and players wanted to play for him. Besides that, he still remains a clueless coach

And now he kinds just throws Dwight under the bus

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Rockets are undisciplined and are allowed to free-style under McHale. Due to our talent and ability to embrace analytics, the Rockets will be an elite offensive team for quite some time but will struggle against physical, more smarter, and more disciplined teams in the playoffs.

Want to change that? Get a coach that preaches discipline. Is Finch that guy? If not, you have some possible options next year like SVG, JVG, and Thibs

5. NickKent

NickKent Member

Can someone teach McHale how to substitute correctly?

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This thread only exists because Clutch hates McHale so much. #LOFLogic

1 person likes this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I can see that you are not a T-wolves fan.

8. OpportunityCost

I like most of what you said, but I feel going with JVG would be taking a step back. His idea of offense is to dump the ball to your hero and have everyone else get out of the way. As far as defense, I give that credit to his then assistant coach - Tom Thibodeau. Also, I would love to get someone like Thibs.

9. OpportunityCost

I think McHale's true calling in the NBA would be to become a big-man coach.

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Look at the teams. If rick had this team we would be a better run team then what we are right now.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

LOL it was more like one guy's logic. But Clutch, did you almost hate Alston?

12. OpportunityCost

Totally would not want Rick Adelman. I was excited when I found out he was coming to the Rockets because of how well Sacramento's offense was run, but I was happy to see him leave when I saw that read-and-react nightmare. Maybe it could've been better if Pete Carril could have joined him here.

13. yummyhawtsauce

honest question guys, in those Mic'ed up moments when they go into the coaches huddle, have you heard mchale say anything else besides play harder/we have to push the ball?

14. Little General

He said something like this: "They are playing physical, we are not! We need to match that physicality." Or something like that.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

One guy? LOL. I've heard this so many times from Lin fanatics since that thread existed I've lost track. Criticism (and even kneejerk reactions) have been made by individual users here on just about every player, coach, executive, owner... and responded to accordingly by the fanbase. Only certain Jeremy Lin freaks think he's unique in that regard and should be shielded completely by the admins from criticism.

16. noone

noone Rookie

I think it's more of Morey assembled a great regular season team but not a contender. If you're angry that the rockets aren't a contender blame the guy that hired McHale.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The coach in training with another set back. He's the Terrance jones of coaching. Flashy and great at times only to get exposed and look like D-Leaguer with no smarts in others.

18. OpportunityCost

No, he's also said, guys run this play:

[​IMG]

Author: swyyyguy

19. verysimplejason

Funny that this thread is still alive. :D I've already set my mind a long time ago that Rockets won't do anything to replace the coach so it's up to the players to adjust if Rockets is to win the championship.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

yes! This thread. I stepped down from my stance that we need to fire McHale, but deep down I still wanted it.

DO IT. DO IT!

FWIW I'm all aboard the Chris Finch bandwagon. Young blood ftw