1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He won't get fired.
    But anyone who thinks Mchale is a good coach doesn't know what makes a good coach. He should have went with asik and Howard together pretty early in this game. And he should have benched jones way earlier. And given less pt for parsons and Lin as well.
    Can you imagine what we would be doing if someone like Phil was coaching this team?
    The rockets winning this season is because of harden and Howard. They are clearly two of the top ten players in the league. We are winning despite coach mchale

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Mchale couldn't do anything tonight. They were outmatched and the team looked like it was on the back end of a long road trip. Just nothing left in the tank.

3. N/A

N/A Member

brilliant job Mchale. Keep the starters that sucked in the game rather than the bench that actually played well. Do people still defend this guy? No point in getting to the playoffs when every great team in the postseason will have a coach that outcoaches Mchale. What a joke.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

There's 3 teams that own us. Clippers and OKC are two teams that I'm scared off come playoff times. I hope we face them in the first round and get sweep so we can get a real coach that doesn't have a hand tied behind his back via Morey.

Harden gets shut down every time when there's an Ibaka or Deandre Jordan in the paint. This is where you bust them out the zone by hitting midrange 2s

1 person likes this.
  5. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

^ i agree for most part. but ideally rox hold on to 3seed (play dal or por or gs) okc(1seed)(lac4seed) face off in 2nd round.

i do believe our best long term interest would be new coach (JVG) but there simply is no way a coaching change is coming anytime soon.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

I thought mchale did a great job last night.

he went went HAM early, and went with TT early when he saw the need. Like I always say give mchale a solid PF you will see way more plays (he has alot of plays he cant run) with the guys we have now.

People are saying he shouldve went with the bench more well he has to trust in the starters get them ready for playoff type games. Then they will see what they need to chnage on film. He cant just get scared and bench them

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Some fan.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

gee people always over react after a loss

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Again, Morey is not hiring a coach that will not implement team strategy Morey's way.

Push pace.
    Take a lot of threes.
    Drive down mid-ranged shots as far as possible.

To see what Morey's future ideas are you do not have to look further than RGV. More pace. More threes. Fewer mid-ranged shots. That is where the Rockets are going. The statistical evidence for this approach is irrefutable. So no Phil. No JVG. No SVG.

1 person likes this.
  10. davek

davek Member

I'm soooo glad we didnt' get rid of Asik. That game pretty much show where we were weak on. The bench definitely played better....but a loss is a loss. :(

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah! They should hire me as a coach. I would get us back to back championships.

This is a 55 win teach fool proof. Anybody can get you that.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale's in-game coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

When we were 6 down with about 6 minutes to go and 4 minutes to the 2 minute mark, I thought we should have tried some hack a DJ. That would have at the very least forced Doc to take DJ out of the game. DJ was giving us trouble on the boards despite only grabbing 10 rebounds.

IT would have also allowed us to go more to Dwight down low with Harden and Parsons having off games

13. SirKen

SirKen Member

I think Asik is still leaving in the off season. Lin is probably getting traded too. I think Morey might end up getting even less than what he could have during the deadline.

1 person likes this.
  14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

So now we not only consider ourselves better at coaching than the Morey hired 50+ years of NBA experience the Rockets coaching staff has, we fans also believe that Morey is incompetent??? LOL.

15. rawool

rawool Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to Kevin McHale, who was named Western Conference Coach of the Month for February, helping lead HOU to 8-2 record.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/statuses/440558491187417088">March 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Play07

Play07 Member

nice !!

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Luck.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Pwnage.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

George Karl got fired after winning Coach of the YEAR! Coach of the MONTH means nothing!

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Look, I'm not a big McHale fan(although I'll credit him for doing a much better job lately), but the guy is probably gonna be the head coach next season. It would take an epic late season collapse for his job to be in jeopardy. Hell, I'm at the point where I don't even think a first round loss(assuming it's to the Clippers anyway) would get him fired.