1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] DeSantis for President 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, May 24, 2023.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it's time. Go.

The 2024 RaceLive Updates: Ron DeSantis Starts His Campaign, Hoping to Topple Trump
    The Florida governor, Donald Trump’s strongest challenger since 2016, entered the race on Wednesday and was set for a livestream conversation with Twitter’s owner, Elon Musk, at 6 p.m. Eastern.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/05/24/us/desantis-2024-election-president

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Too short

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think these debates are gonna go well for Ronnie…he’s just so awkward, has no personality, and doesn’t know how to interact with people

he is a robot in need of a software update

everything from his voice, laugh, mannerisms, and facial expressions are so weird

he is even more awkward than someone like Marco Rubio in this clip

Sajan and Andre0087 like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I feel like this is a day late and a dollar short.

Ron had to catch lightning in a bottle and he pissed it away by waiting about 6 months too long.

Once Donald announced first he was boned. He had the ability to do something nobody has ever done... upstage Trump, and he let it slip away.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wouldn't have mattered. The complete lack of personality and inability to use his arms properly would've sunk him regardless of when he announced. The childish fight with Disney, anti-gay agenda, anti-minority agenda, etc could've helped him in the primary season...but he's just too weird and "Men In Black 1 alien in a bug suit" uncomfortable for anyone to actually connect to.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Whats next are you going to say Sengun is too poor defensively for anybody to be a fan of?

Are you going to say Jacinda Ardern is too good natured and pure hearted to be evil?

You know not what is amongst us

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well at least with the new rules Republicans has made for desantis he can always go back to beefing with Disney as the Florida governor when he loses to trump.

What a dumb@$$, if he waited until trump mania dies down, he had a better chance in later years. Trump is gonna fk him up with the mud slinging and that sht doesn't come off cleanly.

Look at Cruz, man was a joke b4 and after a bout with Trump man doesn't even have the balls to make another run for president bc his manhood was tarnished

astros123 likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Liberals: Trump won't get elected because he will be in jail.

Also liberals: Trump is going to destroy DeSantis

AroundTheWorld and luckystrikes like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trump even with criminal charges pending is still more popular than desantis.

That's on the Republicans voters and their weird fondess for the orange cheetos.

Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Maybe so. But in the fall DeSantis had the skins on the wall, and Trump had a big fat ****in goose egg. Not saying he wouldn't have shat the bed, but he had a moment to bury Trump and he let it pass. Getting is now is near suicidal and speaks to just how poorly calibrated his instincts are.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DeSantis is boring. If you want Trump, which the GOP at large clearly does, then why would the vote for the Sam’s Club version of Trump Ron DeSantis instead.

Americans as a whole want neither.

13. dmoneybangbang

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing you don't care that it's different individual people saying these things...but again, I doubt you care so carry on!

15. dmoneybangbang

Trump might go to jail after destroying DeSantis in the primary debates leaving DeSantis a husk, savvy? :cool:

16. dmoneybangbang

So Elon Musk and Ron DeSantis eh...... just a coincidence I imagine.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Starting your campaign bowing to a billionaire isn't the strongest move... Very DeSantis, so very fitting.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I really don't know what the GOP voters want and I can't speak for America as a whole. That is what the elections are for.

At this point, I 'stay home'. I will vote the local races.

The choices:
    Elderly Democrat authoritarian
    Elderly Republican authoritarian
    Middle Aged Republican authoritarian
    Sadly, Biden is notably the less authoritarian of the three, but still very authoritarian. Unfortunately we are in a very authoritarian political environment.

If it was solely up to me, I would choose DeSantis simply because he isn't a geriatric. The boomers need to go.

I also believe the Biden headwind is stronger than what many may believe and DeSantis has a stronger tailwind.

What I found interesting is MSM is making a very big deal of the Twitter technical issues. It overshadows the DeSantis announcement. Twitter is a very serious threat to their model. If this holds true, this doesn't bode well for any candidate who doesn't heavily utilize Twitter.

Rumor is Trump will be back on Twitter in June

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

DeSantis should have put him in jail, months ago. Just too weak, too awkward and now need a jail card to have any chance.

20. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

DeSantis is Scott Walker 2.0. Honestly, he never had a chance for 2024. And I'll go ahead and predict that he'll never win the GOP primary in 2028, 2032, etc. Just too milquetoast, awkward, doughy and soft.

Being a popular, "getting actual stuff done" style governor often doesn't translate to being a viable Presidential candidate. Presentation, style, balls, relatability and charisma matter.

dachuda86 likes this.