1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2017.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Lol nah but that’s what we all thought. That was a huge possession

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That series has pretty much summed up the season thus far:

1-10-HOU 25(8:57) (Shotgun) 4-D.Watson pass short right to 84-R.Griffin to HOU 34 for 9 yards (38-R.Parker)

2-1-HOU 34(8:30) (Shotgun) 26-L.Miller up the middle to HOU 31 for -3 yards (96-B.Logan).

3-4-HOU 31(7:54) (Shotgun) 4-D.Watson sacked at HOU 30 for -1 yards (50-J.Houston). Penalty on HOU-68-B.Giacomini, Offensive Holding, declined.

4-5-HOU 30(7:41) 9-S.Lechler punts 52 yards to KC 18, Center-46-J.Weeks. 10-T.Hill for 82 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

TejasTom likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill:

We feel terrible for them individually, personally. Tough to put all the work they put in & have it cut short because of injury. It's tough BUT this football team understands it is the next man up philosophy. It's going to take an effort by a lot of different people to fill those roles. They're not canceling the season John. We're looking forward to the rest of the season. We got a good football team.

In the places I've been, we've had injuries to major players like in New England in 2008. That's why you put together the best roster you can. It won't be one guy. It'll be multiple guys, schematic, all different things that go into it. We're excited that we got a lot of season left & lot to teach off this film.

No doubt JD will be a guy we count on to play real well for us. He plays hard, has been practicing well. Whether JJ & Whitney were there or not, he's a guy we rely on to play at a high level. That won't change.

I feel bad. I can't express it any other way. I've gotten to know these guys over the last 4 years. They mean a lot to me personally. I've asked them to do different things. They've done it. I owe a lot to them for doing that. The deal in this league though is the train doesn't stop moving. It keeps going. Guys will have to step in. It will be multiple guys. You don't replace them with one guy. That's ridiculous. Coaching staff needs to do a great job too.

We gotta do a better job keeping these mobile guys in the pocket. Not just on 3rd down. Probably let him out of the pocket 10 times. They're dangerous out of the pocket. We've seen that with our team. We gotta do a much better job with that.

Will Fuller has played well. He worked hard in the offseason, got hurt & worked very hard to get back. He had a significant injury there. I give him a lot of credit. Good route runner. Worked on improving his hands. He's playing at a very high level.

(Watson switching ball to other hand) That's good coaching. No question. (That's a joke) He's an instinctive player. He can keep his eyes down the field while avoiding the rush. He has the confidence in his arm & WRs to make a play.

Chiefs do a great job. Give them a lot of credit. They do a lot of different things with Alex. Very difficult to defend.

A lot of it comes down to combining the rush with the coverage. We have to communicate better. We have to do better job, coaching & playing & have a good week of practice.

We have to figure out a way to win. There are certain things we can build on. It's my job to make sure this team understands that, in all 3 phases. This offense can get cooking if we can sure some things up. We have a chance to be pretty good. We've been good but not consistent. We have to be more consistent.

We've run the ball well. Our passing game has looked good at times, other times off. If we can clean some things up in both areas(run & pass), we can really get going.

(DW) He has an excellent demeanor, very poised guy. He's learning all the time. He's only played in 4 1/2 games basically. We have to understand that. He's a competitor. He never believes the game is over. He's all about winning. He doesn't care about stats.​

Fullcourt likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Isn't he now more susceptible for re-injury?

Second one might end his career (i.e. Peanut Tillman).

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Are y'all talking about the same series? He said 4th and 1. You're saying 4th and 5.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hear Mario Williams is available

8. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

Should we be calling Mario Williams and Darrell Revis's phones?

mario_v likes this.
  9. gucci888

It was 4th and 5 but still should have gone for it IMO. Down 2 scores in the 4th and the Chiefs had scored on 7 of their 8 drives before that, keep the ball in the hands of the guy who is keeping you in the game.

10. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I don't even know why I still bother with this team.
    Living in Europe I only get to see 1-2 Texans game per year and every time in ends up a miserable and frustrating loss. (The Mexico game last year comes to mind)
    I think I'll just give up watching any Texans game...

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dwight Freeney

mario_v likes this.
  12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Thanks for taking one for the team. Maybe now they can get 10 or 11 wins :p

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know about going for it on 4th and FIVE when they just got negative yards on 2nd and 3rd down. I think he probably would have gone for it if it was 4th and 1 or 2.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow we just can't catch a break. I mean do the football gods hate us that much.

Losing both Watt and Mercilus for the rest of the season is bigger than the loss to the Chiefs.

TejasTom likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It's the price paid for finally finding a QB ...:/

16. gucci888

I would agree with you in most situations. But the Chiefs were scoring at will and more importantly in that situation, absolutely dominating T.O.P. Not to mention the Chiefs have one of the best special teams in the league. Just don't think you put the game back in the hands of the defense and special teams.

FLASH21 likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's really not the football Gods. The fo gutted the ol and secondary and there is very little depth.

KC had like 3 OL injured plus Eric Berry and lost Kelce for a half and they are still the best team in the NFL.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

My mistake, it was 4th and 5.

Point is, you COULD NOT tell me that to save your life you would have trusted our defense to stop Alex Smith and the Chiefs when they had been converting 3rd downs into firsts with regularity no matter the distance.

Huge turning point that pretty much cost us a shot at the game.

19. Fantasma Negro

Hopefully Mario as well

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We need to meet with some DBs as well. I was si k to my stomach when we had them on 3rd down