1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I didn't read it that way. I read it as not over-reacting by putting the brakes on what he does best. Not failing to learn from it and prevent it in the future.

2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

For sure.
    Was just thinking about the irony.
    Good win. And that's all that matters.
    Go Texans

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Any win is a good win. But I want DOMINATING wins. I don't care if they count the same. I want two first halves of the Buffalo game the Oilers played.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A win is a win. What you want is irrelevant. Winning by 1 or 30 counts the same.

raining threes and IBTL like this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

I would encourage everyone to go listen to the entire post game press conference and listen to all his remarks. One or two lines of what he said doesn’t paint the complete picture. He acknowledges his mistakes.

While the interceptions were bad, he also had many terrific throws. He was just trying to stay positive and keep everything in perspective.

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Everything you say is true EXCEPT what I want is irrelevant. What I want IS relevant to ME. Just as what YOU want or don't want is relevant to YOU.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I’ve seen a few pundits say he might have been concussed after the hit that brought in Mills or at the very least had his bell rung and this affected him in the second half. Also saw Shannon Sharpe say that on the end zone int the Cardinals D disguised a Tampa 2 as a Cover 2 and that going forward D are gonna scheme him harder. I’m sure this will be discussed during the week. But it makes me feel good that we’re getting Top 5 QB schemes from teams.

Also, why does Kyler Murray always look like such a miserable a$$hole? Even in college.

9. showa13

showa13 Member

Rewatched the game and highlights. Cards D made some adjustments that CJ prob hasn’t seen before. Gannon is working with less than the Texans D and has them schemed up.

CJ’s INTs are not equal, one in the endzone was on him for misreading the defense, tipped one was on Woods, 3rd along the side was the right read, but late ball/bad throw. He’ll learn from this. Tank Dell’s TD throw was one of his best throws all year.

Defense and run game won this game. The good teams win ugly when they play bad. Tank is starting to reek of AB minus the head issues, his route running is already very elite

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I get AB vibes too, just really hope it’s not the same diva personality that comes too.

11. conquistador#11

How come their jerseys sleeves have an elastic opening. Fans get the regular ones so we look like rapper Fabulous. This color scheme is growing on me

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. conquistador#11

14. Jay713

Jay713 Member

That's the knock on Kyler - big cry baby and bad leader. He has a punchable face.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, CJ sent a receiver in motion and no db followed him, so CJ thought zone coverage. It was still zone but the safety on that side was playing a little lower than usual and he just dropped back and CJ never saw him.

16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

One of Ted Knght's best ashpole scenes

#1176 Marshall Bryant, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  17. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I've been watching so many qb break down videos that I feel like an analyst : ) On this specific play it looked to me like cj just kind said "eff it... I'm going to let Nico make a play." I'm probably wrong as I'm not an analyst : )

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

the hell is wrong with you? lol.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

As long as C J knows, I'm good. One thing they do know is what the call was supposed to be and what the rout tree adjustments were supposed to be. The analyst can only speculate based on their experience.

franchise403 likes this.
  20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

LOL! What is wrong with the rest of the world?