1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Brandon Miller as a Hornets thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Fixed it for you.

Can't believe new Hornets owner allowed MJ to make the call given his track record and history.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Miller is the guy you pick up if you already have a core in place. With his shooting and all around game he can play multiple roles including spacer, defender and playmaker. For example on the Rockets I take Miller over Scoot cuz he fits next to Green, FVV, Eason, Jabari, Whitmore, KPJ and Sengun.

Hornets Oth only have Lamelo and nobody else. They should have taken Scoot because Scoot is more valuable as a build around guy, you can totally argue Scoot has more potential and star power than Lamelo himself. I think it's just Jordan being Jordan and cementing his legacy as a horrible GM.

HD729 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ok he’s actually good

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nick Smith might have more impact than Miller.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Glad he finally had a solid showing. Summer league is fun because it's hard not to get overly invested in it, but we've seen lots of Summer League MVPs wash out of the league in no time flat and lots of Summer League busts become All-Stars.

I'm definitely excited about what I saw from Amen, Jabari and Tari but I'm trying to manage my expectations of them for that reason.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ded

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Charge...

raining threes likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nothing seems to be going right for Hornets. Miller looks like he should have been the 9th pick.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

But on the bright side, he did get the charge call. R.I.P.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed against Brandon Miller

You knew this was going to happen and it's going to be a distraction, and yet Charlotte's new owners still let notoriously bad draft scouter Michael Jordan pick Miller over Henderson.

Idk man, the last dance was a long time ago.

roslolian likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

15. SamFisher

No...I remember the biggest worry being his possible involvement in a murder.

But, if I recall correctly he beat the charge, unlike in the example above! ;)

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

and he won't be charged. what you posted isn't surprising at all. you're acting like he's the one with the capital murder charges.

17. SamFisher

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

He's not charged criminally, civil lawsuit did come in.

==================
    Oct 20, 2023 article:
    ESPN: Wrongful death lawsuit filed against ex-Alabama star Brandon Miller

The family of a woman killed in a shooting on the Tuscaloosa strip near the University of Alabama campus has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against three men, including former Alabama star Brandon Miller, who was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft.

The other two men named in the complaint are former Alabama player Darius Miles and Michael Davis, who are facing capital murder charges in the shooting death of Jamea Jonae Harris, 23, on Jan. 15. Miller was not charged with a crime.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama Western Division and demands a jury trial to award damages. The plaintiff, Decarla Raietta Heard, is Harris' mother and the representative of her estate.

Harris, accompanied by her boyfriend, were in Tuscaloosa visiting her cousin when she was shot in the early morning hours of Jan. 15.

Heard is represented by attorneys Kirby D. Farris and Malia D. Tartt of the Farris, Riley & Pitt law firm in Birmingham, Alabama. In the lawsuit, they allege Miles, Davis and Miller "knew or should have known that bringing a dangerous weapon to a dispute and discharging said weapon would likely result in harm." In addition, the complaint alleges that "as a direct or proximate consequence of the negligence or wantonness of each of the defendants," Harris was caused to suffer serious injuries resulting in her death.

Miller, a rookie with the Charlotte Hornets, signed a contract in July worth $49 million over four years. He will make $11 million in the first year of the contract.

A police investigator testified during a February hearing that Miller had been at the scene of the fatal killing and that the gun police say was used in the killing of Harris was retrieved from the back of Miller's car.

But Miller's attorney, Jim Standridge, said Miller had "no knowledge of any intent to use the weapon" and that he never touched the gun nor was he involved in its exchange or did he know that illegal activity involving the gun would occur.

"Further, it is our understanding that the weapon was concealed under some clothing in the back seat of his car," Standridge wrote in a February statement.

Farris told ESPN that Harris' family wants to know the truth in detail about what happened that night.

"They would like to hear testimony from all three of the young men involved concerning what they did, said and saw," Farris said. "The family would like the opportunity, through their attorneys, to investigate why and how the gun was brought to the scene of a confrontation that resulted in the death of their daughter. Once we have had the opportunity to evaluate the evidence in the case, we can make decisions about the degree of culpability, if any, of each."

Farris noted that a person can be liable in a civil action and not necessarily be guilty of a criminal act. Farris added that his firm has contacted the attorneys representing Davis and Miles and has also spoken to an attorney representing the Hornets.

"Am I surprised that this lawsuit has been filed? No," said Davis' attorney John Robbins. "I haven't reviewed the lawsuit but Michael will take the appropriate steps to defend himself in this lawsuit as he is in the criminal case."

Miller had addressed the shooting with reporters in March, saying, "I never lose sight of the fact that a family lost one of their loved ones that night. This whole situation is just really heartbreaking."

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. TimDuncanDonaut