1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They should have learned how to code.o_O

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm light, homie. super light. Let's not pretend you aren't using Bernie Bros in the pejorative like everyone else. Everyone knows when you use "Bernie Bro" it's to paint supporters as white, male, aggressive and misogynistic.

Don't act dumb and dismissive. You quoted me because you know what the deal is.

da_juice likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Anything but be entitled and expect the entire world to change for you. ;)

da_juice likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not disputing any of this, my point is that number is not something that the average person would have to pay.

This is not a number that should be bandied about, there are many other issues with healthcare that most Americans have to deal with.

I am right with you that these cost are way too high.

5. dmoneybangbang

Trust me, I am “dumb” in this case as I thought you were using hyperbole.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hmm suggestions?
    Bernie nontoxic Bros
    Bernie stans
    Bernielievers
    Bernie or I stay home

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

9. dmoneybangbang

But overall black vote is split between Bernie and Biden. Makes sense Bernie has got the younger crowd (under 35) but not the older.

He is certainly doing much better than 2016 with black voters.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Former GOP strategist Rick Wilson: "F**king hating" Trump is the key to winning in 2020
    Former Republican political wizard outlines Democratic strategy vs. Trump: "This guy is a lying liar who lies"
    Insightful article overall and the quote above makes sense. You don’t see Trump risking his presidency to dig up dirt on Bernie. You do see Trump/Republicans regularly feigning concern over the DNC “rigging” the primary for Hillary and Trump just this week concern trolling about the Senate trial interfering with Bernie’s campaign.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I might have a slightly different take here.

Maybe it'd because Bernie has less baggage to dig dirt on than Hillary and Biden?

Bernie doesn't have a son who got a gig on the board of directors in a Ukrainian gas company that has been scrutinized by the IMF for corruption because of his last name. Any rival politican would attempt to dig up dirt on that. What made Trump's actions illegal or at the very least a gross abuse of Presidential power is extorting a foreign country using the power of the presidency to dig up said dirt.

Besides polices, what "dirt" can you dig up on Bernie? The GOP already labels Bernie a communist and that is literally the only angle they can attack him on because there is no corruption angle with Bernie.

#851 fchowd0311, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Yung-T, DreamShook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bernie resonates with black voters like a 12 inch subwoofer.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

15. Major

Major Member

Uhh, Bernie has a wife who's been involved in a corruption mess pretty recently as the president of a college.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/politics/jane-omeara-sanders-burlington-college.html
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/was-ja...e-for-the-closure-of-a-small-vermont-college/

It's probably more significant than Hunter Biden since it involved nonprofits and the demise of a college, but neither resulted in charges. She and their son were also involved with a PAC that shut down with similar question as the Clinton Foundation stuff he was critical of:

https://apnews.com/9e4794da89ab448399f3ff1457464d1b

This is the whole problem with the Bernie-bro "he's an angel" crap. He does the same things other politicians do and blurs the lines, even if he stays on the right side of them. But pretending like he's a saint is just silly.

joshuaao, dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Or maybe Bernie makes it easy enough to where looking for extra dirt isn’t necessary. So are you disagreeing with Wilson that the right is salivating over the idea of facing Bernie?

17. Nook

Nook Member

Sanders plan would cost 33-47 trillion dollars over a decade. He proposed a 4% tax increase for employees and a 7% payroll tax increase. His proposed plan would only raise 16 trillion dollars over 10 years. He has given no answer where the other 16+ trillion will come from. His plan also does not cover costs like long term assisted living, veterans etc.

Sanders and to a lesser extent keep claiming the middle class will be better off but his own plan do not provide the particulars to substantiate this claim.

Like most of what Sanders claims, it isn’t nearly as clean cut as he suggests. I can certainly understand why a family with a household income of 100K or more looks at his plan and conclude they will be screwed. I can also understand why those close to the age of Medicare don’t like it either.

Taxes will increase greatly. Costs associated with premiums will go down. No one knows how much for certain. Some will get screwed royally and some will benefit royally.

I will say this, I don’t understand why anyone in poverty would support anyone other than Sanders or Warren.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We "a family of 5" pay something close to 8k per year now .... but it was much worse before my wife moved to a new company that has really good benefits. We were paying 6k per just for my policy and another 6k for the rest of the family.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

11m illegal aliens added to the mix sure doesnt help ....

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If I thought that a 4% increase in my tax bill (not another 4% of my income) would get universal healthcare done and I wasn't paying the insurance company the $8k I currently do .... I wouldn't complain.

But that's just not the truth of the matter - that's half the truth and half the funding.

joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.