1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Astros and Rays won't know until after midnight EST when they are playing tomorrow. Although it appears to be the later time.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

there was already an idea earlier today

3. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

They weren't on FS! (or not only on FS1) I watched them on FOX, TBS, and MLBN. But I always got to record them, even if they were during the working day so that other teams could be in primetime. It's honestly the biggest reason why I pay for DirectTV. TV shows, I'd just as soon go to the networks' web site and watch when it's convenient. It seems like there should be a stream somewhere I could record. I pay out $1200 a year and this is the only time it's really important to me.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They know when they're not playing... and that's noon.

The preparation shouldn't be drastically different... they either start the process earlier or later. They should still likely be heading to bed/waking up at similar times for either a 3pm or a 6pm game.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Streams are available on the foxnow app. I'm still not sure what your issue is... are you just not subscribing to FS1? Or are they in some dispute at the moment with DirectTV?

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

See you next year... you pretty much scripted the series.... strong work.

YOLO likes this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If you think Justin Verlander is going to be on an 80-pitch limit and go a max of three to five innings because he’s on three days rest instead of four, you simply have no clue. He keeps his body and his arm in impeccable shape and if he didn’t think he could throw anything near a normal start, he wouldn’t have told Hinch he was good to go tomorrow.

Remember, he’s the same guy that told Alex Bregman to drastically improve his sleeping habits once he got to Houston.

Htown Stros, Tfor3 and Nick like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's also the fact that this was likely decided before the series even started.

Verlander has had the opportunity to adjust his preparation after Friday's mid-day start to likely account for the 12 hours less rest he may get for this start.

Htown Stros likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

Completely agree. The bottom line for me is if I’m the Astros, I want the Rays to have to beat both Verlander and Cole in back-to-back games to win the series. If you start a guy that spent half the season in the minors (Urquidy) and lose, then all the Rays have to do is beat your ace once to win the series. That’s leaving one of your bullets in the chamber, as far as I’m concerned.

#2169 DVauthrin, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

NYY is taking care of business

11. DVauthrin

The Twins are a lesser version of the Yankees, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. The Twins have weaker starting pitching than the Yankees, and their bullpen is a dumpster fire. It was a good matchup for New York.

Htown Stros and everyday eddie like this.
  12. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

At least we get prime time game tomo night. This also give JV 3 extra hours to rest. I don't know if it will make a difference but better than nothing. Here’s hoping for 6 great innings from JV then Pressly/Harris/Osuna combo take over the rest of the game. Urquidy can wait till ALCS to pitch.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you do the math, I'm sure there have been times where Verlander started a west coast game, and his start 4 days later was a 1pm central time game.

He started at 1pm Friday and will be starting at 6pm tomorrow... and if this was the plan all along, he should be more than mentally and physically prepared.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

Astros game officially during Kol Nidre :(

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I believe in going with your best RIGHT NOW...trying to look ahead will get you in trouble if you're not careful. JV is the right call IMO regardless...because he's the best we have along with Cole. We are up 2-1 and the 2 wins are from these same 2 guys. Geinke had 4 days rest and looked like he was still resting today.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

16. DVauthrin

Greinke actually had 11 days of rest. He last pitched on Sept. 25.

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Actually 12 days rest as he was definitely "resting today"....but, yeah, I was sticking with the infamous and all important "4 days rest." I''m with you..you are telling TB that they have to beat your 2 best to move on. My big concern is not JV but the usual anemic run support we give him while he's pitching. Bats need to WAKE UP !

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hope we blow them out tomorrow. But I'll take any kind of W!

Houstunna and whiskeyred like this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Shouldn't you be under BOBs desk?

YOLO likes this.
  20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

June 1st and June 6th.

Nick likes this.