1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Spring Training

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Mar 2, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Have fun! I had training for work in Phoenix a couple of years ago and got to catch several Cactus League games. Spring Training is Mecca for baseball fans.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's got a guaranteed major league deal, while Hidalgo and Lane both essentially have minor league deals.

Also, Palmeiro was absolutely CLUTCH during the final winning streak of the season that got us within 1 game... he's still a great lefty bat to have on the bench.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Man I hope to be able to make it out there for Spring Training one of these years. Maybe when my kids are a bit older, I can suggest a March disney trip to the wife and I'll leave out the fact that the Astros just happen to have Spring Training right there :)

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Nieve looked good today... two shutout, hit-less innings against a STL lineup that featured Pujols.

Of course, Wainwright looks even better... no hits in four innings for the 'Stros.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I know Pence won't be there opening day, but I am ready for him to get his Astros career started.

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Just make sure that they are Astros fans. Then plant the seeds that they'll be able to meet the players and such. Then the kids will be more interested in Spring Training than Disneyworld. Using the kids to convince the wife is a great tactic.

7. Greg M

Greg M Member

Yes. Palmeiro is a good guy to have off the bench. No need to carry two all or nothing right-handed bats in Lane and Hidalgo.

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

anyone want to be a dear and find me a direct link to the 790 stream that a can plug straight into windows media player? I'm trying to listen on my pda.

9. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

...found it. LOL today is the two year anniversary of the great Brian Collins. BOOM GOES THE DYNOMITE!!!

10. The Cat

Pence 1-1 against Glavine... average up to .727.

11. The Cat

Make that 2-2 with a triple. I know it's less than a week, but wow, he looks good.

12. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Pence is 9-12 in ST. :eek:

13. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

jesus...you aint joking. he's gotta make the team, doesnt he?

either way...cant wait till next year. subtract biggio and ausmus, add pence and one more big arm, and wow....that's gonna be a fun squad to watch.

hopefully this year will be too.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Pence is making me feel like a girl scout who has just sold a huge batch of cookies...

I want this guy on the team.

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yeah, you and everyone else but Purpura. He will stay with Lane like the douch he is.

Trust me I would of not freaked out so much over the Jennings trade if I felt Pence would make the team.

Heck, I wanted to spend all our money on pitching, sign a player like Loretta and go to battle with the best starting 5 money can buy, team speed and a fast young outfield so you don't have to convince me.

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Your right about next year, this year good luck.

17. Buck Turgidson

Have fun, man.

My bro got married this weekend, they headed out to their honeymoon at ST Monday morning. Told him he was a very, very lucky man:

Ceremony under a tree at Zilker Park;
    Reception at the Salt Lick Pavillion
    Honeymoon at Astros spring training.

She's a good woman.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Pence is not even on the 40 man roster.

19. The Cat

There's an open spot if the Astros want to add someone because of Gimenez's injury.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There will be an open spot by definition if Pence makes The Bigs. Also if Pence makes it, Lane will not; thus, problem easily solved.