1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Judgement call my ass. Out/safe gets overturned all the time. Plays that are a lot closer than this one.

Robbed. Thievery. Must be protested. MLB just said **** the rules so should the astros. He was safe. It was clear. It was called out on purpose. It was not overturned on purpose. Its called corruption. He was so clearly safe.

everyday eddie, rockets1995 and adw like this.
  2. BonziWellsGOAT

A key hit that kept the astros in the game? Yes, yes I am. A diving catch that saved a runner from being in scoring position? Also yes. Reddick was a net positive tonight.

kaleidosky and BMoney like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They’re still 3 games back... yes, I’m taking that loss column number as the true deficit.

This was the first time they’ve made up ground in 3 weeks... and there will be a regression for them prior to whenever they stop playing or are eliminated... which if I were them, I’d be more worried about finding starters who will last throughout the rest of the year.

everyday eddie likes this.
  4. Malaya

Malaya Member

I thought the rationale behind the replay review was to get reviewable calls right. They overturn out/not out calls frequently.
    That particularly was an egregiously bad call.

Tomstro likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

here's highlights of the Astros smacking these b****es out of the playoffs on the way to a Championship

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Dont bother. He doesn’t understand.

7. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Marwin is an decent outfielder with a plus arm. That was just lazy on his part. Or maybe his oblique still bother him and didn’t want to dive. I wish Hinch would have put in his late defensive replacement with Reddick at LF, marisnick at CF and Springer at RF. But taking 2 out 3 in Boston is pretty solid weekend.

8. Buck Turgidson

Everyone knows the Astros got ****ed on that call, except the replay reviewer. But the review is over and done with, and that call was final the minute the HPU signaled him out after talking to NY. Done. Over. Not a single thing the Astros could do about it from that point forward.

There is an actual, written in the rules criteria and process to officially protest a game. Right or wrong, the Astros cannot protest that call *unless* the review booth misapplied a rule (i.e. if the rationale they give is that he's out because the laces touched him, for instance).

9. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Reddick is frustrating to watch. You can tell how pumped he gets after his RBI double, how often he comes thru with such plays.

In relation, you can tell by how pissed he gets, how often he hits an infield grounder for an out or inning ending double play.

And altuve was safe!!!

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hinch press conference? I gotta hear this.

That entire NY crew should be fired.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That series ended up being more competitive than most remember.

I actually don’t think another series vs them will be as competitive... the Astros are better, they aren’t phased by Fenway, there is absolutely no fear of that Red Sox bullpen, and I feel the Astros pitchers can work around Betts/Bogarts and handle the rest of the lineup... including Martinez.

The only aspect the Red Sox have that the Astros haven’t figured out yet is Price... and he’s prone to throwing a ton of pitches before 5 innings.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yes but this particular call was so bad that it requires investigation. Antyhing can be protested. It was an outrage.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Also, i wasnt able to watch the texans but im hearing they may have been screwed by a gronkoski bs catch.

I recorded. Gonna watch now. Did we get screwed in NE twice today?

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Don't worry guys, the Astros are a way way better team, the ESPN crew and betting money, rigging was involved in this game no doubt. Springer and Reddick failed to produce with runners on.
    The bullpen has been overall, is impressive to watch. The health of Altuve and Correa to me is more concerning, they still are in rehabbing mode and it's been 3 weeks. Still won the series. The Astros will be even more motivated by this game

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We got screwed but it was avoidable. BOB is a moron and a bad coach.
    Texans got thoroughly outplayed the whole game. Score made it look closer than it really was.

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah. I hear that. BOB is the worst.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No problem

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Always sucks when the umps blow a call that costs you a run.

19. Stros66

Stros66 Member

I would take Betts any day.

20. Stros66

Stros66 Member

especially in Boston.