1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2013 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by ivenovember, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The point total (Vegas) on the NO/ATL game is nuts, play White. And Amendola.

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

If White is playing and healthy, I think the most concern would be with Garcon and I would bench him. But watch out on Sunday to check reports for White.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Jared Cook or Jordan Cameron?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jordan is my current starter, but I wish I had Cook -- I think this is finally the year he goes off (had him last year).

5. KingCheetah

I would go with Garcon and Amendola (assuming he is healthy) -- White's ankle is going to slow him down.

6. KingCheetah

Bradshaw all the way.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

XM Fantasy Radio said Tate could get aroud 10 carries, and Ballard will start for the Colts, and then Bradshaw will continue to be fed based on how well he plays. I'd go Bradshaw

1 person likes this.
  8. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Need to start 3 WRs in standard league.

A.J. Green (Cin @ Chi)
    Victor Cruz (NYG @ Dal)
    Randall Cobb (GB @ SF)
    Jordy Nelson (GB @ SF)

I'm thinking it's an easy call to just bench Nelson in week 1, but I've been wrong many times before.

At QB...

...can go with either Russell Wilson @ Carolina.

...or Andrew Luck at home vs. Oakland.

Leaning with Luck, but Wilson is tempting.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Unless your QB is a stud, you bench him against Carolina. That defense is LEGIT and are probably going to be a sleeper for fantasy this year. Kuechly is the best mike in the NFL and their DBs are kinda awesome.

Andrew Luck against Oakland is a no-brainer. In fact, Andrew Luck over Wilson should be a no-brainer almost every week. Only reason I would be "cautious" is that the Raiders are so bad, they could get out to a lead early and just go conservative in the 2nd half which would hurt Luck's fantasy stats (this phenomenon has actually been statistically proven to be true for most QBs not named Brady).

Cobb is going to be the #1 guy in GB, so I think you'd have to bench Nelson. Other two guys are must starts.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome. Didn't realize Carolina's D was that stout. I'll keep on close eye on them... they're still available on the waiver wire in my league. I drafted Seattle so I'll probably be going with them most weeks.

I really hope Cobb gets James Jones' endzone targets this year. For having almost twice as many receptions last season, Cobb only caught one more (8) TD compared to Jordy (7 TDs). Jones was in another zone with 14 TDs.

Appreciate the advice.

11. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

14 team PPR... Here's my team.

QB: Stafford, EJ Manuel

RB: Jamaal Charles, David Wilson, Daryl Richardson, Bryce Brown, Ryan Williams

WR: Randall Cobb, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt, Dexter McCluser, Cordarrelle Patterson

TE: Jimmy Graham, Tyler Eifert

K: Randy Bullock

D: St. Louis

My starting line up for this week is:
    QB: Stafford
    WR: Cobb - Welker
    RB: Jamaal Charles - David Wilson
    TE: Graham

Having a hard time deciding who to put in at the flex between... Daryl Richardson, Mike Wallace or Tavon Austin... What do you guys think?

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That is a great draft for a 14 team. Well done. I would say play Richardson.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

PPR:

Redman vs. Titans
    Moore vs. Falcons
    Stevie Johnson vs. NE
    Kenny Britt @ Pitt

Pick one.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I have no idea how someone could even pull that off.

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

RIchardson for sure. Starting RBs have more consistent points than WRs. Wallace has Joe Haden on him which is very tough. Worried about Tavon until we get to see him a bit, he showed almost nothing in the preseason and is still a rookie.

Moore. There will be so many passing yards/TDs in the game, just gotta hope he catches some, which he should.

Go with Luck, Oakland is extremely terrible.
    Nelson. There is no point in playing 2 WRs from the same team against (maybe) the best defense in the league. I think Cobb will outperform Nelson, so bench Nelson.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Moore, the point total is high on that game. I'm not sure if Johnson is even the 1st or 2nd option anymore in that offense.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Jones and Nelson are better redzone targets. Cobb will get the most looks but probably not in the endzone, he's just not a big target. He'll get scores, just probably not a ton of redzone looks.

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Really hurting at the RB position.

Need to start 2 (standard league).

Outside of Arian Foster I have:

Giovani Bernard @ Chi
    Joique Bell @ Min
    Roy Helu @ Was
    Bernard Pierce @ Den (played Thurs, didn't start him)
    Ben Tate @ SD

Given Foster's limited use (per Kubiak), I was considering pairing him with Tate for week 1. Surely, they'll rush into the endzone at least twice in SD. The Law Firm seems to be wearing down, which is why Bernard seems like an attractive option as well. Pierce didn't show much at all on Thurs, but the Ravens were playing from behind the entire 2nd half.

Who should get the nod (w/ Foster) in week 1?

Who do you think will breakout from this group the rest of the season?

Appreciate the help.

19. KingCheetah

I'd role with Giovani Bernard and it's not really close IMO.

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree. Hoping that Rodgers develops rapport with Cobb in the red zone (especially with Jennings being gone). But wouldn't surprise me at all if he's relegated to extending the field (deep threat) ala Mike Wallace.

Thanks for the feedback.