1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2013 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by ivenovember, Sep 4, 2013.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

id go Roddy white read he is 100%. This is coming from someone starting Cobb haha.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Hillman is the pass catching back, Moreno wont get Peyton decapitated missing a blitz pickup.

Playing Montee Ball is a horrendous idea.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would start Stevie Johnson, I dont trust Ball that much, and NE defense, I dont think its still not good, so I think Johnson has more potential to score TDs than Ball.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

We shall see. I still have high hopes for Ball this season, though this week may not the best matchup I'd still start him over Vereen

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im with moes in here, I think Vereen could be more useful.
    right now, New England will run more than Denver.

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I'm not so sure. I actually think Moreno is the best pass blocking out of the 3. Ball almost got Manning killed in the preseason, Hillman fumbled. I think Ball is the most talented and will get the most passes and touchdowns. And I'll take Moreno for the most yards out of the three. Tonight will be interesting. I would avoid starting any of the three for now.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Come at me brahs.

8. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Yes. Sudfeld more opportunity to score.

Start em.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the broncos by committe is messing with me. I have Hillman on the benchand debating on picking up Moreno too just as potential for later in the year.

Debating on flex... Ingram, Ballard, C. Shorts or D.Bowe. Maybe G.Tate if i clear waivers.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My other team. The only real question is which two of Welker, Smith, and Rice should I start?

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Welker and Smith

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You must be drafting with a bunch of monkeys.

Seriously.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I take that as a compliment? It is a 10 team league so everyone has pretty good starters.

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Bowe. Easily.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's a compliment to you for taking the players with great value that fell to you late. And an insult to the other guys that let those guys fall so low.

I too have a 10 team league and I believe we went the same route:

This is a PPR league and I was hoping David Wilson would fall to me but he went in the 2nd round I believe.

Great depth all around, even if your #1s end up missing time with injuries it looks like you're covered.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah, there are four people who know what they're doing and the rest are clowns. I think everyone had a quarterback drafted by the 3rd round.

I really like your team. Great balance and high upside players on the bench.

1 person likes this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Now I need advice.

I have the option of going with these 3 guys as my #2 running back this week:

Daryl Richardson vs Arizona
    Montee Ball vs Baltimore
    Eddie Lacy @ San Francisco

Am I making the right move by benching the rooks and going with D-Rich?

I feel like, for some reason, Green Bay will finally figure out that they can't out fly that killer Niners D and finally try to ground and pound to loosen up the air attack.

Am I over thinking it?

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I would go with Lacy, I feel like the Packers will have to run the ball some to keep this defense honest and he could get some scores in close cause you know eventually Rodgers will get them in position to score.

Balt defense should be solid this year and with Broncos going rb by committee that should scare you off. I also have no faith yet in the Rams offense and think the Cards defense is underrated.

When in doubt go with the player on the high scoring offense even if they are playing a stellar defense.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't like Eddie Lacy at Candlestick. The Niners have a killer D in part because of their awesome run defense. I don't see the Packers not airing it out with them. I think the Niners are much more vulnerable in the air, see Superbowl and the Patriots game last year. I don't see how a rookie RB, no matter how promising, on the Packers will run up numbers AT San Fran.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I basically have the same with Richardson, Ball and Ben Tate to play one. I'm going with Richardson as well.

1 person likes this.