1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm thinking Randle El.

2. Asian Sensation

Vince Young... but better :D

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I have to disagree. TJ actually played pretty well for us last season and while Okam is a good prospect, he is far from a sure thing. We also don't have that much depth at DT with Maddox and Zgonina being the only backups.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Big guy. Weight problems in college. I think he played his best earlier in his career when he was much quicker. Difficult to move but was having trouble in pursuit.

Should be able to be a bench guy with a chance at being a good player next to Okoye.

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

On the clock...

6. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Dominique Barber Safety Minnesota

Marion's younger brother...

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm waiting to see if the Army guy will get drafted.

I was shocked when he said "I can help a team's PR." I wouldn't want to be drafted for PR.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Barber... run defending safety.. hmm.. man, we are developing the anti-running defense from hell

9. Maazi-EZ

Maazi-EZ Member

The NFL Draft is so boring. I don't know how you guys can watch it or discuss it.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

this is the nfl.com writeup on Okam... is there any truth to the OL rumor?

Pick Analysis:Okam has the ability to be a starting offensvie guard in the NFL. He has outstanding athletic ability and talent. He just needs to make up his mind that he wants to do it. He is very bright and could have gone to medical or law school if he chose that path. His only knock is that he does not always seem to care about playing football and lacks passion.

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Then we will likely stay in our respective positions and see where things stand when the season opens.

TJ is a player that Kubiak and Smith inherited rather than drafted or traded for............so they are unlikely to be attached to him because he wouldn't be considered their Mistake.

12. gucci888

I would agree with this if TJ wasn't producing on the field, however, TJ played well for us last season so while they are unlikely to be attached to him, they really don't have a reason to want to get rid of him either.

Donny- That is a pretty decent analysis of Okam. I don't agree with the OG part because if he lacks the passion, the last thing I would want is a QB getting put on his butt because of that.

But like I said, Okam has enough size and strength to be a very good run stopper at a minimum. While he didn't live up to the hype, the UT run defense was very good during his time there.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Okay, I stepped away for a few hours, and now I'm confused. Didn't we have TWO 6th round picks today? Did we trade one away today? Or did we lose our original one because of the Schaub package last year or something?

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We traded our original one to get the center from Denver, Chris Myers. We only have the one we got from Baltimore in the trade to move back from 18 to 26.

15. VesceySux

Ah, gotcha. I knew it had to be something like that.

16. VesceySux

WTF is Green Bay doing?? TWO QBs taken in this draft? Huh? Is Casserly drafting for them?

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am happy with out draft. We went for pure need and I think the Texans know more than I do about the quality of the players. I was glad to see we got a RB in the 3rd and now I just hope the picks work out.

I was upset about the trade until I realized if they drafted at 18 they probably would have picked the same guy they got at 26.

18. gucci888

Interesting pick but at the 7th round, it doesn't really matter. The one thing the Packers don't have is a sure thing at QB, so I don't think it really hurts them to pick one up early like Brohm and just a little insurance in the 7th.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

They don't like Aaron Rogers?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the only week Mel Kiper works.