1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2006 World Championships Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Jul 7, 2006.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The semi's should be great...A tough next couple of games, but I think we can do it...

USA, USA, USA!!!

2. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Wins by 20 pts against Germany. So, when is the next game against Greece? Another Rocket vs Rocket match.

3. Flamescreen

Flamescreen Member

Hm, I was working and thus couldn't see any of the first half of the game, but what I saw of the second didn't impress me.

The Germans did a splendid job in keeping the score low, thus having their chances, and the USA team just couldn't succesfully shoot the ball--sadly enough I think it's too difficult for them to play so badly in consecutive games, we're up for a difficult Friday game(We hoped their really bad game would be vs us but you never know, we'll have to wait). The German team made a lot of mistakes, probably from excaustion or excitement in that they actually had a chance to win.

The game was open till the end of third quarter. I saw for the first time a game of USA in this WCOB and I have to say I really liked what I saw from Battier. Cannot understand why people say he's a bad trade for the Rockets.

4. compucomp

compucomp Member

This is the moment of truth for Greece. They have completely shut down everyone they've played so far, now it's time to see if they can do it to the USA. It's also an important test for the USA before they go against Spain or Argentina, they really haven't faced any sort of legitimate defense yet.

5. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I don't know why there isn't a thread here for the bronze medal game. No more supporters for Team USA?

Oh well, perhaps I am the only one here care about your team then.
    :rolleyes:
    35 - 32 USA narrows the lead to 3. Used to be 8 points led by Argentina. 5'30 minutes to go in 2nd qtr.

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Wow! Carmelo a 3 and Brand tied it up. 46-46, 1 min to go.

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Carmelo with another 3. USA first time lead in the game, 50:49, 6 secs to go. Man, I am having fun here. :D

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Okay, 1st half finished. 50-49, USA led by 1 point. Thanks to the consecutive 3s by Carmelo.

I tend to support the underdog so I hope USA win this game. :p

Too bad I cannot watch this on TV. It seems that USA was not able to follow Argentina's paces but the 3 consecutive trey by LBJ and Carmelo narrowed the gap and then gain the leading position just before 1st half ended.

Another bad thing is I have to leave now and cannot "watch" the rest of the game.

I root for USA in this game but predict Argentina wins, since I always wrong. :D

And it is so much fun to "own" the entire forum, although it was just 15 minutes.

9. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Look at the FTs; USA 10-22; Argentina 8-11

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did lebron just get leveled to the floor on a layup with no call? damn.

why is argentina going to lose this game? is it because they're so selfish and unfundamental? maybe it's because they have a lot of nba level players and they've been infected by the big bad nba and now they can't play a team game. so much talent, not even a medal. i blame eva peron.

and what a dunk by lebron.

11. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LMAO. Sore loser could be very bitter. :D

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yes i can. :D

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, Francis 4 Prez, you need to realize that the Rule of the Cliche is that it is ONLY applied to the US. No matter that Carlos Arroyo went to college and plays professionally in the US - it is because he plays pure TRUE BASKETBALL in Mayaguez Puerto Rico, which is untainted by American influences completely - that he is able to excel.