1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival in town starring Dave Chappelle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

Never mind. Looks like he's just not doing south. Pretty pissed about that.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Mulaney is only doing 3 shows.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was thinking about buying some last second tickets. Is it true that they won't be able to curse cus it's at Cynthia Woods? Seems like that would be incredibly pointless.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can't see that being possible with chappelle.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I thought that too, but everyone I speak to says that anything like this at Cynthia Woods sucks. Someone said they saw Dane Cook (don't get me wrong, don't like the guy...but I am familiar with his stand up), and he didn't curse at all. Sounds like half of show to me (or less).

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i want to go but i really hate the pavilion.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Kinda bummed that Chris D'elia skipped out on Houston. I first saw him randomly a few years ago when I caught a set at the Laugh Factory while vacationing in LA. I was absolutely hooked, dude was hilarious.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Hot as balls out here.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The infamous show where he was heckled and Austin comedy fans were embarrassed?

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

I really enjoyed it. Felt like Hannibal had the best set. Dave showed glimpses of his old self, but his pacing was a little off and broke the momentum of his set. Great to see him doing it again though, atmosphere was electric his entire set.

11. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Show was great, Dave kept it natural, definitely not scripted.Demitri Martin was great. Flight of the Concords was god awful boring, killed the mood for me by the time Chappelle came on.

Would have been cool to see Mulaney out there, overall good show. Dave's back!

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Hannibal killed it as usual

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Awesome show. Agree with everyone about Hannibal, but having Bun B helped! Pleasantly surprised by Al Madrigal. Also Godrey did an excellent job as Emcee

And finally, Dave still has it! The crowd was awesome his entire set and he delivered. Add the fact that it was his 40th birthday and this was definitely worth the money.

Btw, I was never a Flight of the Concords fan but tonight was rough. Not sure if it was whether Dave followed their act or their brand of comedy absolutely doesn't mesh with this kind of venue.

14. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

15. ILoveWhiteGirls

Overall it was a great time, being held at the Pavillion kind of brought it down a couple notches. Also I don't understand the hate for Flight Of The Concords, they were absolutely fan freaking tastic!!! Just because it wasn't a LOL/Hahaha/ type of act doesn't mean it was boring, they're style of comedy is subliminal and have a sort of This is Spinal Tap mocumentary vibe to it.I really LOL at their in-between set plays about their 2 band tour/hotel muffin act and also People were applauding and laughing the whole time during their set?? I'm guessing you guys were sitting up in the lawn section, that must suck, lol... Although I kinda which the whole section was just all lawn, I mean it is a festival with tons of festivities.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Flight of The Concords almost ruined my night. Hannibal and Demitri built everything up so well, just for them to **** on it.

Holy crap chappelle was funny though.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

I feel bad for you, everyone else had a great time. Try to lighten up a little.;)

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I heard lots of next act please between songs. They should have gone first, it just wasn't nearly as entertaining as everything else.

19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Loved Flights set. Cept the song Jenny which was driving me crazy with them not on beat. They rushed it a lil bit too much which made the timing off. Hannibal was great but my favorite was Kristen Schaal. She didn't have the best set of the night but my favorite comedy is when comedians **** with crowd and to see the faces of people that don't get it. I loved that so much. There was a girl next to me that keep asking, "what is this. Why are people laughing." I think the whole main stage was awesome though. And if anybody loves this type of comedy festival, you would love Moontower Comedy Festival in Austin.

20. MystikArkitect

Loved everything, FotC first few songs were better than their last few. I also noticed Jenny be a bit rushed, was one of their better songs. The song about the guy buying a rose in 1334 was hilarious.

Damn Demetri deserved an hour time slot, he absolutely killed.

Chappelle was good, not at his sharpest though. Lost his momentum a few times.

All in all though was one of the best shows I've ever been to, crowd was huge and the other comedians (Hannibal mumble rap) were hilarious as well.