1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OBJ vs Josh Norman

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll start a separate thread for this. I think it deserves it. It'll be the hot topic of the week.

What do you think the penalties levied should be?

I think the league should come down hard on Beckham. Mainly because of his repeated targeting of Norman's head. You want to preach player safety, you come down hard on one of your budding "superstars". I think Norman should get a small fine. I think the officiating crew should get a suspension. Absolutely ridiculous OBJ was not ejected.

OBJ - 2 game suspension and 100k fine.

It's a privilege to play in the league. Act like it. Split the fine between anti-bullying efforts and CTE research.

Norman - 12.5 k fine.

Officiating crew - sit down for a game.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

OBJ will probably get suspended and Norman fined. Saw some report say that 1 game suspension was likely

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I really don't care what fine they give Norman. OBJ absolutely must be suspended at least one game.

The refs should also be suspended for letting it get so far out of hand. That was incompetent. Missing the helmet cheap shot by OBJ egregious.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just typical football sparring between a WR and CB.

Rison and Deion once slapped the **** out of each other after a play and neither got ejected.

5. Two Sandwiches

Yeah, but repeatedly targeting the head of another player, with cheap shots, in today's NFL, should merit some kind of penalty.

Agree?

Especially with Will Smith breathing down their necks.

What if he knocks Norman out cold with that hit? Imagine how bad that looks...

#5 Two Sandwiches, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The headbutt was the only thing out of line. The other stuff was great

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Will Smith isn't breathing down anyone's neck. The lawsuit was already settled.

The truth is that if Norman was the one initiating and cheap-shotting, he would have been thrown out quickly. A double standard for sure, but it shows the emphasis on protecting the skill position players.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Peeling back, launching, hitting an unsuspecting defenseless player helmet to helmet is about as egregious as it can be in football. If Norman got seriously hurt, which he easily could have, we're looking at felony assault charges beyond any NFL suspensions.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I guarantee Josh mentioned that suspect video of ODB before the game. The only reason I can imagine him acting that way

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

2 game suspension for Beckham and fine for Norman. Also 2 game suspension for refs.

But I bet the suspension for Beckham and refs will just be 1 game.

11. Two Sandwiches

Suspect video?

12. rocketshopeful

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

OBJ is a punk.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Bingo it's funny all the focus has been on Beckham and he definitely deserves backlash on the helmet to helmet but for people to act like Norman did nothing is crazy. Anyone who watched the game could see Norman initiating play after play just as Odell did on some plays.

Hell the whole thing started with Norman slamming him

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

OBJ is officially the new hothead whiny diva receiver.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Norman seems to be a master instigator and psychological tormentor ala Dennis Rodman. That guy has a few screws loose for sure. Read something about how to gets "in character" before every game and acts like different characters from various movies.

He did the same thing to Dez Bryant a few weeks ago and completely erased him from the game.

Dez is easy pickins though. A lot of these so-called "diva" WRs are overtly self-conscious and insecure and it doesn't take much to get in their heads.

That is precisely what I would do if I had to play CB in the NFL. The rules are already stacked against you. The league wants to see touchdowns. You're a dead man walking. Acting (or being) mentally unstable to gain an edge on the mental side of things can be effective if you know the right buttons to push.

It is easy from a fan perspective to see the results on the field and implicate OBJ, but the refs know more about what was really going on.

#16 moestavern19, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Spot on.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good post moes, but I would still fault OBJ or Dez in those situations. You can't punish Norman for acting like Jim Carrey's Riddler. He can do that as much as he wants. If it prompts opponents to go off and commit personal fouls against him, then that's on the opponent. Even if Norman is a master instigator, he should be allowed to do that. I don't think I'd want an NFL where the refs keep players from taking trash to each other.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

What kind of crap is this? Implicate? Refs looking the other way because of some trash talk?

None of that matters. OBJ was trying to injure him, and it isn't the first time he's been caught doing this.

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Zzz

No one got hurt. Two guys cat fighting.