1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama: paid huge money by Wall St just like Hillary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Apr 28, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The whole premise of this piece is the 400k Wall Street speech and the Foundation but no mention of the fact that 2 million is going to charity and if the Obama foundation is anything like the Clinton foundation from a positive side, lives can be saved if he's raising money for issues around the globe and we will be able to see the 990 like everyone else as nonprofits have public filings.

Is Obama an elitist... yeah probably. He's not the perfect white knight figurehead people thought he would be in 2008 but look at who else we have had in the past however many years as President starting with Nixon to Clinton to Bush to Trump..... although Obama isn't perfect, history is going to be very kind to Obama despite whatever he does next which will be a cause of major scrutiny to the right cause they need a villain.

I'll just come out and say it....yes Obama's skin color does create a different set of rules and expectations that nobody else has had to live up to. Republicans will kill people for saying that but it's true. Obama could give away billions and cure aids but if he slips up one time the right will be on top of it.... making sure all the world knows how he's really not who he says he is.

The Trump birtherism theory only really worked as a conspiracy because his side have been wanting to know for the longest time that it's true what they already believe. In reality he's just another president who did a better job than most we've seen over the past 40 years and has a chance to use his position for good now moving forward at such a young age and high profile position. The history books haven't nearly been closed yet so pieces like this predicting elitism and corruption are just a lens of what the Right predicts about Obama without giving a truthful depiction of who he is completely and what good he could also potentially do.

I'd say give the guy a break but I know that won't happen so I'll just say compare him to every other president we have had the past however many years and get back to me.