1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama: paid huge money by Wall St just like Hillary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

All of a sudden Republicans have problems with the free market? This is the market for speakers with Obama's level of popularity. There is a reason why speaker bureaus are in business.

Also, people argue that Hillary getting paid to speak must be a sign for corruption-- companies paying for influence future president rather than just speech. Well, Obama is not gonna be President again, and yet the market is still out there.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I hope you are right on Michelle. We have had enough of DLC corporate types running the Democratic Party.

As far as the kids, hopefully they will do some growing beyond the contented liberal millionaire/celebrity world they have now grown up in.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It seems the left are the ones who have more of a problem with it. It has less to do with the free market and more to do with hypocrisy. Wall street is only evil until money flows into your pocket. Then its just free market.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't get the argument when it comes to Obama and Wall Street. He was never an anti-corporal firebrand. Hell, his administration bailed out Wall Street firms and auto-companies back in 2009. Obama's administration favored more regulations than the GOP does, but he is no Hugo Chavez.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Right on man being gay, practicing Islam, and smoking MJ is super evil.

6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Those things you mentioned are not bad unless you use them for evil purposes.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well of course. And Obama was obviously using them to do so.

Proof

generalthade_03 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for him he is not President anymore - why is it bothering you?

Oh, right, he is a black man.

DD

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Oh not this intellectual laziness again. You disagree with the other side, so you employ the race card. Yawn. Learn to think more critically.

(and he's bi-racial, not black, FYI)

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't help it if you have a history of racism against African Americans.

You just do.

DD

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I don't want to hear the word hypocrisy from anyone who voted for Trump, which include the majority of the conservatives.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh, but Space Ghost didn't vote for Trump. None of the conservatives/republicans here voted for Trump. It was Democrats fault Trump was elected.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you implying I voted for Trump? You do realize one does not have to be a Trump support if they refuse to jump on the M2M mass hysteria over things like RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA. I didnt jump on Benghazi nor the Birther movement. It was Trumps whole Birther obsession that ultimately turned me off from him.

For a guy who has broken all of his promises and hasn't accomplished anything, there seems to be a lot of hatred. I would be thrilled if policies I dislike failed.

I was very hopeful that Trump would pull his ass together and do something good. I am most frustrated with the lack of solution for healthcare. They are just as complicit at this point as the Democrats passing such a terrible bill.

London'sBurning and Deji McGever like this.
  14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Not specifically for you, just in general conservatives are far more hypocritical than liberals. I don't think you are one of those that defend Trump as if he is their king but say they did not vote for him.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It would be nice to see the ACA not be sabotaged in Republican controlled states. States that have fully implemented it with all the required federal funds have seen positive results such as California or Massachusetts where it already had a system similar to the ACA implemented in the first place.

You're right though that the ACA cannot work at the state level with the current partisan landscape as red states purposefully sabotage the ACA by denying funding.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

$400G isn't a huge amount of money. Maybe for those poor folks who still fly commercial, but not for you, bigtexxx, amirite? :)

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

First D&D SG post I actually agree with.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When did Obama ever pretend to be anything other than an elite? You seem to be perceiving hypocrisy because the image you have of Obama is not much like the real Obama.

19. glynch

So you are cynical. We get it, but you seem to have much greater hope for the Right. Why? Exactly? Think Rand Paul is for the little guy? How about Bernie? I suppose you see Bernie as just the same, so you are free to vote for the Right as "liberals" are such elitists and the Bushes and Romney's are just common folk?

20. glynch

Now if you are saying Obama has always been an elitist I can agree with you. I sometimes think his much ballyhooed year as a community organizer was just for show or a political resume builder as we see with Corey Booker living in a housing project for one year in between being paid by Silicon Valley or getting big corporate donations to imitate Obama's career path in the Democratic Party..

Obama plays the plain folks game constantly, YOu can even hear him change the tone of his voice and use more populist sounding phrases when he does it. He has always been in his rhetoric strongly for the little guy in his speeches especially when in campaign mode.