1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Times] Senate Votes to Stop Filling Reserve

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, May 13, 2008.

1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Ya'll can do what you want. I'm buying a horse.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ANWR should be used as a bargaining chip in getting serious government support for alternative energy development. When the oil industry subsidies are transferred to alternative energy development we can start talking about drilling in ANWR. Maybe.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

ANWR is not the solution to our energy problems. But it can be part of the solution. Drilling in ANWR, drilling offshore, building nuclear plants, building refineries, using more solar and wind, using more coal, and investing in R&D for alternative energy can all be used to reduce our reliance on foreign oil and bring down the cost of energy prices in this country.

The problem is NONE of this is being talked about or pushed by most of the politicians.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Didn't he already say he was against it with the first reply in this thread? :confused:

5. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Question: Can someone give me a sound opinion or explanation on "Nationalizing" drilling in ANWR. I think the only way I would be good with opening ANWR for drilling would be only if its nationalized. I would not want any foreign owned entity to have anything to do with ANWR. Can someone tell me whats wrong with feeling this way. Seriously.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

nothing you pinko commie

7. Lil Pun

Pinko? :D

8. tulexan

tulexan Member

I don't think a .7% increase in daily supply is going to have much of an effect on oil prices

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK, I should have said it better than I did.

Trader_J, why are you against suspending filling the reserve now, when your hero has already done it twice in the past, when prices weren't nearly as high as today?

That better? :p ;)

Impeach Bush. Sentence Him to Community Service.

In West Virginia.

10. Lil Pun

OK! :D