1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Possible 3 way trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mickey_angelo, Jul 4, 2010.

1. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought the whole point of getting rid of Al Jefferson was to free up time at the PF spot for Kevin Love. So why would they trade for David Lee? He's more of a PF than Jefferson.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Getting Monta Ellis for David Lee would be a good deal for the Knicks. He should fit right into D'Antoni's style.

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I think this is a good deal for everyone involved. Lee and Love can play next to each other as Lee is quick for his rise. Ellis is perfect for D'Antoni and Jefferson, regardless of what people say, can really play. He and Curry make for a nice inside outside combo.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I have to give the Knicks credit if they pull off this trade, Ellis fits perfectly with their system and Amar'e. This is probably enough to push them into the playoff hunt and one player away from becoming a threat, so moving the Knicks picks may become VERY important.

Lee to the Wolves is nice but did he like them enough to approve this deal? I think Lee should go to NJ but hey each his own. Jefferson to GS makes little sense but he has no control over his next destination.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If the Knicks get Ellis, it means Lebron stayed in Cleveland or went to a competitor in the East. Cleveland, New Jersey or Chicago with Lebron would still be better than for the Ellis/Stoudemire.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I still think the Knicks would have a nice versatile frontcourt pairing two able but different style F/Cs in Amare and Lee...but D'Antoni only thinks run & gun, and Ellis would fit in well with that.

Still need a classic distributor to help.

A S&T with Was to get Arenas or even Hinrich would make sense for them too.

Regardless, the Knicks are going to suck. 2010 Sweepstakes FAIL

Evan

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Because David Kahn is calling the shots.

9. BetterThanEver

I think Washington would be happy to get rid of Arenas and take Eddy Curry, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, and Wilson Chandler.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm pretty happy if NY decides to eat up $11,000,000 of their cap space with Monta Ellis. The Knicks are going to spend money anyway on some sort of "name" guys, so it's good news when a good chunk of it is on a guy with a .517 TS% last season.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If knicks get ellis, amare and arenas they can be a top 4 seed in the east.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

or a dysfunctional clown show.

13. worzel gummidge

injuries have been the main problem for warriors and wiz in recent seasons. that core looks fragile on that end.

14. BetterThanEver

Or they could be the 2011 version of the Yao/Tmac. Showcasing 3 injured stars in street clothes, instead of 2. :grin:

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Might as well just set up a starting lineup of toreadors. They could give up 130ppg.

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Like I said in the Scola value thread, never overestimate Kahn's ability to do something conventional. And don't underestimate his love for redundancy. Flynn+Rubio at PG, Johnson+Hayward+Bjelica at SF, Milicic+Pekovic at PF. David Lee makes perfect sense!

1 person likes this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why didn't you post what the trade was? I don't feel like reading an article to find out

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

1 person likes this.
  19. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

you'd think GSW or NYK would try to get rubio's rights out of the deal.
    pretty ok trade even though knicks would be the winners in this particular deal. dont think it makes them any kind of real threat.

20. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

no sure why people say amare is so injury prone, he missed one season with that torn acl, and missed the second half of last season with some freak eye incident. the guy is not injury prone, a team with amare and monta could make the playoffs which is enough to make those picks garbage. good thing we got hill from them already.