1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Daily News]: Phil Going After Kevin Durant Next

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's not the same, really.

Anyone who puts Harden and a potential top free agent like Horford on the same level of Rose and Melo today is just out of his mind, it's nothing about homerism, it's about logic.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Stop it you're making too. Much. Sense. We have a homer!!!!!!!

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I am willing to bet my entire life that Durant won't sign with New York.

Ain't no way in hell Durant wants to play with Rose or Melo.

Trash article.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Its nauseating because you actually believe Houston is a better destination than NY, objectively speaking.

I mentioned let NY dream because people in Houston still dream about Durant to the Rockets; although it's debatable Houston's squad and being in the West, being a more enticing option than NY in the East, not to mention playing in MSG and the bright lights of NYC (every player named Jordan, Kobe, Lebron mentioned this)

Then you jumped on it, firing off a bunch of homer ideas why Houston is a better destination. Objectively speaking, no not really.

5. krnxsnoopy

Let's get Horford and then talk. Funny when the strength of your argument relies on a presumption that something will happen. I love your "logic" vivi lolll

Right now, its Harden and bone scraps

vs

Rose, Melo AND Porzingis.. In the much easier East. Durant on that team makes them instantly a top 2 or 3 team in the East.

Durant on Rockets is not a top 2 or 3 team in the West.

And don't say since OKC went to the WCF with Durant + Westbrook, then Durant + Harden is a WCF level team.

OKC had a much, much better supporting cast.

#25 krnxsnoopy, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol look didn't even bring Houston into the conversation in the first place. If it gets your vagina that sandy then you shouldn't have brought Houston into this conversation. THAT's common sense. You tried to connect my comments about OKC and NY somehow with Houston and I responded in kind.

If you believe Durant going to the Knicks is a better option than going to Houston I can respect that. But don't b**** about being nauseated when you are the one that interjected Houston into a thread that has nothing to do with Houston.

Also let me know who you're putting at PF in this better situation for Durant.

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Yeah, Durant not coming to Houston.

Confirmed.

I hope Morey doesn't waste his time on it...

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

My argument is just that Durant will eventually sign here if we can also sign another great player, this is my argument. I was just saying that as today you just cannot compare Harden to guys like Melo and even more to a guy like Rose.

Having Rose today is not even a plus, and you know what? They traded for him cause they know top players are not going there to play with Melo.

9. krnxsnoopy

Derrick Rose going to the Knicks is pretty much Amare Stoudemire going to the Knicks.

Amare was a beast in Phoenix, but by the time he went to the Knicks, he was a crap player.

Pretty much what Derrick Rose is at this point going to NY.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Except the fact that Rose is trash and on the court and a bad presence off from three years...Stat at the time was still a good player, Rose at this point is a three years old dead weight.

11. krnxsnoopy

Yep but Porzingis is a promising player

So back to your original point a couple posts back, Rockets are just Harden at this point in the tough Western Conference, versus an old Rose, Melo, and up-and-coming Porzingis in the relatively easier East.

12. Chamillionaire

KD isn't coming here. Never was. Never will.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Porz is good, and i actually think this Rose trade is also bad for him cause between Rose and Melo he will be lucky to touch the ball more than 10 times per game...and try to imagine if they add antoher guy like Dwight lol

Anyway really, i was just saying that as today Harden is not comparable to Rose, Melo, cause he's just soo much better. As for Durant, i think he'll eventually come here only with another top player (probably Horford) so, to me there's not even an argument about how good the Rockets look today, they're going to sign them together or no one.

14. krnxsnoopy

Most likely none.

Horford has better options (in terms of fit) just like Durant has other options.

I don't think Horford is a game-changer for the Rockets anyway, and definitely not worth the price tag he'll command. Therefore I don't think he's what the Rockets need. He's an upgrade from what we have, but not a superstar by any means. Not worth the Max money we'll have to pay to get him.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, he's going to get the same money as Rose, but he's actually better.

Anyway a trio of Harden, Durant and Horford is way better than Melo, Rose and Durant...than yeah, there's Porz, we have better role players and bench though...and the fit is still better here overall.

16. krnxsnoopy

Rose is an expiring.

You don't think Durant, Porzingis, and Melo can get another player to come to play in New York City of all places?

Atleast a Horford level player with the $21M D-Rose money

that's a team that can contend in the Eastern Conference. The team you mentioned (with hypotheticals of obtaining Horford, mind you) is not a lock for top 2 or 3 team in the West

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Durant is not going to waste a year hoping that Melo stays decent and healty, that Porz gets better and that someone will eventually join them in 2017.

That said, you seem sure that Rose, Melo and Durant are a lock for a 2nd seed in the east but:

1. ok, it's your opinion, personally i don't see them being better than Toronto, Miami (if Bosh comes back), Indiana, maybe Chicago, Boston...

2. they wouldn't stand a chance against the Cavs so east or west is irrelevant in the end

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I have a feeling Phil Jackson will find a way to get Durant.

19. krnxsnoopy

Durant's addition alone will have a huge impact.

Look at what happened when Lebron went back to the lottery Cavs. Durant and Lebron are the type of players to make that kind of impact by themselves.

Toronto? Did you forget Derozen already opted out from Toronto and likely going to Lakers? Toronto better than Durant-led Knicks?
    Ok. that's your opinion. lol

Miami? Bosh coming back from blood clots in his lungs. Also Wade, both born in 1982. Somehow that's a stronger team than Durant + Melo (born 1984). Then you claim Melo is washed up and old.

Right.... lol

Durant on the Knicks would make them a top 2 or 3 team in the East. With possibility of upgrading next year when Rose comes off the books.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

You can lol how much you want but yeah, you already know the Durant is going to the Knicks and Derozan to the Lakers? Lol at you since it's going to be the opposite, Derozan is not going to do the babysitter to the Lakers rookies and Durant will not go to play with two old declining losers like Rose and Melo.

And i said "if Bosh is healty" cause yes, Wade + Bosh + Dragic + maybe Whiteside are a lot better than Melo, Rose and a sophomore...they Heat guys are also a better fit next to Durant, and Riley/Spoelstra are proven winners in their roles so yeah, lol at you.

If you're a Knicks fan just admit it and move on.