1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets vs Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by saleem, Nov 23, 2002.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I saw the game last night.The Nuggets persisted throughout the game with their defense even when they were unable to score for long stretches of time and managed to slow the Clippers down who had a big advantage on the offensive end and in the end came up with the winner on a shot by Posey.
    I really admire their effort despite their weaknesses on the offensive end. The Rockets can learn from games like this.They can do better if they tighten up on defense by making things easier for themselves even when they are having trouble scoring.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

oh my god this was an ugly game. ugly ugly ugly, fugly fugly fugly. oh man it was the ultimate car wreck, i just couldn't turn away. and the clips offense (headed by mr. miller) just took a nosedive of epic proportions in the 4th. it was amazing. what i can't believe is the nuggets played a game in which they scored 19 less than tonight, what the hell must it have been like to watch that whole thing (i saw 3 minutes and at least detroit was playing good d to give the nugs an excuse). denver had one of the best sequences of the night. a jumpshot that hit the backboard first, off reb, fall away from 15 that just grazed the rim, off reb, missed layup. pathetic.

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I don't get why this game was on national TV. I realize that the NBA wants to vary the teams but anyone could have told you before the season started that this one was going to be brutal.

On a side note, hasn't memphis been national coverage at least twice?

4. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

The last quater of the game was awesome, atleast for the Nuggets. The Clippers just went ice cold and the Nuggets played great and won the game. Michael Olowokandi and Corey Maggette said Friday that they would listen if the Nuggets call them this summer as Free Agents. Just think if the Nuggets get both Michael Olowokandi and Corey Maggette and draft Lebron James they could make the jump to play-offs in one off season!

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It looks like the Clippers are trying to get Lebron James.

6. clippy

clippy Member

I am ashamed to be a Clipper fan. What a pathetic effort. Maybe Sterling was right not to pay these guys. :mad:

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

OH MY GOD WAS THAT FUN!!!!!!

You know, when you pull for this crappy of a team, you pick your battles. Last night was a great night to make a statement because Miller and Kandi are probably options 1a and 1b on our free agency list this summer. Plus we were on national tv. Oh man was that fun. It was an ugly game to you guys, but it was beautiful to me. :D

And who didn't love the:

Tolbert: "Are the Nugs on a 6-0 run?"
    Tirico: "I'm not sure I'd call it a run, more like a walk."

8. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, good win for you guys, but come on now, you can't possibly call that "beautiful".

I don't think Miller is going to Denver. Even Sterling isn't stupid enough to get rid of a guy with two years left on his contract for a one year deal. Plus, Miller got out of Cleveland for a reason. Not that LA is exactly "winnin' time".

You guys are probably the frontrunners to get Kandi, but, trust me, you don't want him! As Bill Walton would say (and has), he's HORRRRRRRIBLE. Start petitioning your management to spend it's dollars elsewhere! You'll thank me later!

Now Corey Maggette is a Clipper you could conceivably get for cheap next year. He's a gem. All he has to do is improve his ballhandling and the sky's the limit.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I wanted to start a new thread on this from that game about buzzer beaters.

But do you guys think that reviewing a shot is a total buzzkill?

You make the shot, and you have to wait for the refs to make the call. That totally takes a long time. It just killls the emotion.

10. Matador

Matador Member

What is it about the Nuggets that make other teams play like crap?

I mean they almost beat the Rockets and they have beaten the Clips, Blazers, and now the Suns when all those teams were probably playing their worst games of the season.

It can't be good defense can it?

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Its probably a mixture of things. Defense being one of them. They are young, work hard, and have nothing to lose. Im sure teams tend to overlook them too. Before they know it, its a close game in the 4th quarter.

12. clippy

clippy Member

The Nuggets play hard every night. They are a lot like the Magic the year before TMac joined, a bunch of guys who hustle, play good defense, and listen to the coach. It's hard not to root for a team like that.