1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. hlcc

hlcc Member

I'm under the impression the ban on Norinco fire arms is due to rather idiotic & counter-productive arms embargo against China.

As for the concealed carry issue, shouldn't that be up to the individual states? If state X have tougher requirements than state Y and will not accept state Y's conceal carry permit,,, as far as I'm concerned that's their prerogative.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm a gun owner and avid shooter. Load my own rounds and all. I think the worse thing about shooting is dealing with all the dumbass NRA guys at the range. All the lead dust has gotten the better of them. It's a conspiracy theory circle jerk.

Deckard, Nook, CometsWin and 4 others like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can agree with that. From my experience most people who are just REALLY into firearms are total douchebags. That's why I set up a section of property to be used for anything you'd do at a range.

Nook and wouldabeen23 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Even the ones who don't own any guns.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the NRA is the largest and most effective civil rights organization in the country, they are very good at what they do

it's also wrong to presume fears are always irrational, or that instilling them is unwarranted

they are right that political violence from the left is starting to spread

love Dana, a much better spokesperson than the crypt keeper La Pierre

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[
    You are naive you if you think they aren't doing this for anything other than increased firearm sales. They are firearm manfucaturer lobbying group.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't presume their fears are irrational. I know they are irrational. The facts are the facts. You are more likely to kill your self than be killed by someone eise that a gun might or might not have protected you against.

Civil Rights organization ... it's laughable to even mention civil rights. It's about gun sales and the FACT that gun sales plummeted after the scary black man left office and Trump got elected, and then these attack ads on "violent liberals" were pumped out, is no accident and it sure as hell isn't about civil rights.

So did it work? Honestly are you scared of me? Are you scared of Deckard, Franchise, Newrox, etc? You think you need to protect yourself against me who you'd probably call a snowflake months ago when I would say I don't keep a gun in the house cause I have a child and know she's more likely to have a accident with that gun than someone bad come through my door to kill us?

Wake the F up man. The NRA is nothing but a fear machine to sell guns.

8. Commodore

they are not

9. Commodore

Not you in particular, but it's worth noting and being concerned that progressives are becoming increasingly violent (the recent mass assassination attempt by a Bernie-bro of GOP congressmen being the most recent and striking example).

In fact, the NRA video was precient, as it predicted the sort of violence that happened days later.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In 2004 they rejected a compromise to get the PLCAA instead of allowing the AWB to sunset. The firearms manufacturers* were getting ass blasted with lawsuits and still selling rifles at high rate with the cosmetic ban in place. It was for the restoration of gun rights for the millions of members as such a move by an industry lobby group would be very stupid.

Certain manufactures HAVE tried to sell out the rights of consumers to get favorable laws passed and were immediately called out by their customers and reversed course. Another example is gun dealers would love to have universal background checks as it would provide a huge boost in income for services that cost them almost nothing. Few of them openly support it for the same reason the NRA has so much power, millions of people would turn on them.

11. MystikArkitect

So what is it about guns that gun dudes love so much? Just curious, I don't own one and have never felt the need to. I have friends that have like 20 of them and others who have bullet making kits and I just don't understand the need for so many.

12. fchowd0311

Naive little snow flake. The NRA is helping the demand sector of gun manufacturing. That is their intent and it's god damn obvious. The NRA didn't need to create these type of videos under Obama because Obama actually increased demand for gun sales. Gun sales have dropped since he left office. The NRA and gun manufacturers in general want that paraniod demand to spike back up.

13. fchowd0311

Eh. It's hard for me to criticize someone's hobby. I have an unhealthy obsession with sports cars. There is no tangible benefit to my hobby. Well besides my hobby making me interested in pursuing a high skilled profession. In that sense I really don't see much of a tangible benefit to firearms as a hobby.

14. Bandwagoner

I don't understand why the leftests are so quick to name call in the face of facts and opinions. My theory is some bullying tactic to drive out conservatives of their already secured safe space. Where is your evidence the NRA didn't produce videos under Obama? That sounds ridiculous. You've not even acknowledged the timeline of events I've pointed out.

Despite claims of racism by you and the other lefty, Obama leaving office was no where NEAR the event that was Clinton losing the election. That can't be seen as racist so fact is replaced with narrative. She was in the WH when the 1994 AWB was forced through and during the campaign attacked Bernie on that issue.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's fun. It really is. Going to a range and shooting at targets is a gas. You can compete against yourself, and if you're with a friend or family member, you can compete against them. Some also collect firearms as a hobby. Not because they are "afraid," but because they are fascinated by them, like some are fascinated by tropical fish (like me), or stamps (not me!).

I'm no longer a hunter, except with a camera, but totally understand the fascination many have with firearms. What I very much despise is the NRA, who's leadership avidly works to get people afraid for two reasons. They use fear as a means to keep getting their salaries paid, with dozens in the leadership, not just the head fearmonger, getting 6 figure-plus annual paychecks. The other reason? It's been mentioned already. They lobby for the gun industry. Those who deny that are dumb as a post, with all due respect.

As for those spreading the false narrative about "violence from the Left," that is absolute bullshit. The vast majority of political violence in this country is caused by members of the extreme Right. That's a fact, Jack. (Not aimed at you, Mystik!)

16. fchowd0311

Their messaging changed from "the big gobermunt is out to get your gun" to "radicalized leftists are out to kill you".

It's so ****ing obvious. Why would a gun rights group who's alleged purpose according to you is to advocate for gun rights make videos of crazy leftists who are not in a position of power? It's called fear rhetoric and it's meant to increase gun sales. How can you seriously be this naive?

And I don't think I ever claimed you are a racist.

17. Bandwagoner

The changing msg is obviously from a change in government control and the fact a radicalized lefty tried to assassinate top members of that government.

I would also disagree the video was about people who are not in power. It specifically mention people with great influence spreading lies and that the way to fight back was with truth. No where did it say go buy a gun cause they are coming after you, it said spread the truth because lies are being spread.

18. MystikArkitect

I too have the same obsession as you (911R in your pic right?) and could see myself owning over a dozen exotics if given the chance. No one needs that many cars obviously so maybe it's analogous to that. It's a little more difficult with guns because they've become symbolic if the right/left struggle and it's hard not to take extreme gun ownership as an act of pseudo defiance to a belief of oppression.

Trump and the NRA have been extremely reckless in the manner in which they're riling up folks with these weapons. This ad basically implies that NRA members should march on these marches with their guns and take matters into their own hands.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the reason to have several different firearms is that they are all kind of different and used for different things. It's similar to having a daily driver car that gets great gas mileage, having a truck for when you need to haul things, having a sports car for fun at the track, having a 4 wheeler for off-road fun, having a motorcycle for when you want to go on a weekend ride and so on. The difference is that the firearms are MUCH more affordable LOL.

I can't really speak for those who are truly gun nuts, but as someone who has quite a few, that's my reason for it. Possibly a better analogy would be a chef having multiple types of knives.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The narrative being preached is that "the left" is becoming violent. I want to know what that means? You say you are not afraid of me but you are using one example of a psychopath to paint with broad strokes to the point where Civil War is in your vocabulary now which is driven from the NRA and right wing media.

Is the root of your argument that one single poltical murder attempt is a continuing trend like you are hinting at? How can one event be used as a trend? 60% of Americans are democrats or share democratic values. That's one American in a group of over 150 million Americans... is your analysis that 1 in 150 million consititutes as a trend?

Do you not see a problem here and where this is going. Weeks ago you'd refer to me and half of Americans as snowflakes who want to help Hillary and Obama take your guns away. Now that same group (half of America) is working towards attacking Republicans in Civil War with the apparent "trend" towards violence and political assasinations.

So again I'd ask you to be more careful here and realize what you are being fed. The psychopath with a history of violence... does he represent me and the "proverbial left" or does he not? If you think he does and 1 in 150 million constitutes as a trend, then I'm sorry you feel that way.

I don't think your a dumb guy here Commodore, I just don't think you realize what you are really saying when you regurgitate this nonsense. You don't need to go buy more guns (and give money to the NRA) because the big bad liberals are coming to get you.

Deckard likes this.