1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NPR] New York's Attorney General Sues The Trump Foundation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Jun 14, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Of course, if you think laws only apply to some people and/or trump and his family are above the law...

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I believe pgabriel doesn't understand the law or there is some orange exception here.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just 200 million? White collar criminals sure do have a different justice system when someone stealing anything over $2,500 can spend 2 or 3 years in prison.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and IBTL like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why hasn't anyone wrote a book called Trump Cash?

5. NewRoxFan

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You don't understand pgabriel.

Trump hasn't found been guilty or even charged mr law understander

Secondly if he defrauded a bank I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. I'm saying that would be a stupid ass bank to get fooled on an appraisal of an existing millions of dollars big ass office building.

It's a very unlikely scenario.

Is that more clear

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha you are funny I like it when you refer to yourself in 3rd person.

You agree fraud is criminal and I suppose it seems you agree there shouldn't be an orange exception.

The argument of 'stupid ass bank' is funny too. I like it but it's pretty close to 'stupid ass teller at bank giving me the cash because of this stupid ass gun'

It's a crime dude ..law understander or not.
    Cmon main

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro can at least wait till he is charged to come at with this stupidity thinking you said something smart
    I worked as a teller and in lending. Appraisals come from third parties and is the official the building is worth this statement

Defrauding is fooling
    Robbery is forcing

The sad part is you thought that was smart

IBTL likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha even if the stupid ass bank was in on it guess what? It's still fraud.
    I dont pretend to anything but your ass sounds dumb man. Lol

If Deutsche bank calls me and says 'we will give you 3 times the amount it's worth just submit the paperwork saying that and sign it'

What would you do? Risk prison?
    If you worked at a bank you should know then so stop trolling with dumb sh*it!
    shut up hoe
    Lol plz

#49 IBTL, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't say the bank would be in on it. What is so hard to understand. Fraud like this doesn't happen because it would be really stupid of a bank to be defrauded like this.

Real estate lending is very standard and very regulated.

As far as the investigation, the my attorney general is looking at Trump for defrauding the bank when the bank hasn't made that accusation. It's ridiculous

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not ridiculous, especially if the bank was involved in illegal money laundering.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...id-to-reach-100-mln-deferred-prosecution-deal

Good news. That site has translation available!

12. adoo

adoo Member

you can't possibly be this ill-informed.

again, you need to heed the sage words of Abe Lincoln.

best be silent and be thought of as a fool,
    than to speak to remove all doubts

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You are the idiot so far bro. How much of God"s gift of time have you wasted waiting for Trump to be charged

You should pray for forgiveness for wasting God's precious gift

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What does have to do with what I wrote.

I wrote fraud like this doesn't happen in real estate lending. A bank would not be fooled into giving more money than a property is worth

What in this article disputes that?

I understand you feel bad for me calling out your lying

15. adoo

adoo Member

you're too ignorant to know that Orange hair had already been charged many times,
    1. Housing discrimination, for which Trump and his dad settled w the Gov
    2. Trump University scam
    3. Trump foundation scam
    4. etc
    This investigation by the NYAG---stemming from Cohen's testimony in front of Congress---may lead to new charges

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The title of this thread is “New York’s Attorney General SUES the Trump Foundation” so this isn’t about criminal charges. And the Trump foundation has been successfully sued multiple times. That is why it can’t operate anymore.

In regard to Trump businesses there is a lawsuit which the NY AG is pursuing along with a criminal investigation by the Southern District of NY. They are similar but not the same. The recent developments have to do with the lawsuit.

On the substance such exaggeration and changing valuations isn’t rare. As someone who works with developers I’ve seen where they exaggerate their value for getting financing while downplay it for tax and paying creditors and contractors. In this regard Trump isn’t unusual but it doesn’t make it better.

pgabriel likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A bank bases the value of property from an appraisal from a licensed appraiser. Not what the borrower told them. Banks are federally regulated and these are things regulators look at to make sure they aren't putting depositors money at dangerous risk

@adoo
    I was thinking about criminal charges vs civil lawsuits so your list isn't applicable. You are looking to be criminally charged

18. NewRoxFan

The FBI goes after real estate fraud. Here's their web site that lists recent real-estate fraud investigations: https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/whi...raud/financial-institutionmortgage-fraud-news

IBTL likes this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

once again, ur confused, all mixed-up.

you're too ignorant to understand that this is involving the NYAG, in the civil suit arena

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes on a particular property that said with the situation with Trump we aren't just talking about one specific property nor are we talking about just bank evaluations but also devaluing property to reduce tax liability.

Also having dealt with appraisers they aren't perfect and can be misled regarding the true value of a property.