1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now that the roster is set...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Severe Rockets Fan, Sep 3, 2004.

Tags:
?

How many wins in 04'-05?

1. 40-45

11 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 45-50

77 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. 50-55

228 vote(s)
    56.7%
  4. 55-60

56 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. 60+

30 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

How many wins do you think we'll have this next season?

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This team?

PG-Ward-Sura-Lue
    SG-Tracy-Sura
    SF-Jackson-Padgett
    PF-Howard-Taylor
    C-Yao-Mutumbo

I would be disappointed in anything under 50 wins, even with an injury here and there.

3. cody

cody Member

pg - ward, sura, lue

2&3 - tmac, jj, boki, gaines, sura

4 - howard, mo-t, spoon

5 - yao, deke, padgett

I don't know where jumpman is getting his depth chart from

4. JumpMan

Where do you get your's from? Padgett's a center now? He's more SF than PF to me not close to a C though. What has Gaines shown you that he'll be the first backup at the 2? Same with Nachbar, I'd rather wait and see with those two guys. If Van Gundy goes to a eight to nine man rotation it could be; Tracy, Yao, Jackson, Howard, Sura, Ward, Taylor, Mutombo, Padgett.

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

The roster is not set, we still have not use our TE yet.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The last time we had a trade exception the team just let it expire, I would guess that is what they are going to do this time too.

DD

7. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

I'd like to see more than 50 but with the realignment the west is going to be a tougher race than last year. Plus with all the trades we've made we don't know how the chemistry of the team is going to be???

But still, I can't wait for the season to start already!!!

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is for the most part, a totally different team that last year, the last five years. Until we see how they play together, it is hard to make predictions, but, on paper, anything below 50 wins will be a disappointment. In my view, it is a MUCH BETTER team than we have seen for years. I think they will be considerably more enjoyable to watch. The Francis era Rockets played perhaps the ugliest most ragged brand of basketball a Rockets team has ever played. They lost ugly and they won ugly. It was agonizing to watch them, I often wondered why I even bothered; it was like a form of sports macochism. Almost anything has to be more entertaining.

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Don't set the expectations too high, this is a totally different team, most of the guys have never play with each others before, it will be an adjusting time for them.

BTW, I still hope CD use that TE to get us a decent PF.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think JVG will play Padgett over Boki.

11. edc

edc Contributing Member

51 or more regular season wins will be a challenge for this team. Jeff Van Gundy has only done it once (57 wins) in his career, with a team he did not assemble. It is unknown whether the talent will be enough to overcome that question mark.

12. JumpMan

Chemistry is overrated, if they're healthy and they are a sub 50 win team this season, they'll be the same the next unless they get better players.

13. JumpMan

He did last season, and it's Padgett with the 5 (rumor?) year deal, this is Nachbar's last chance to prove himself.

14. edc

edc Contributing Member

If they are a sub 50 win team, Jeff Van Gundy must be fired.

15. redglare21

redglare21 Contributing Member

So if the second year coach, who brings back only 6 players from last years team (2 starters), doesn't achieve what only 8 teams in the league achieved last year he must get the ax?

I guess it's a good thing we don't play in the toughest division of the toughest conference. Right?

Seriously, I don't mean to be a d**k but did JVG run over your dog or something?

Unless Red Auerbach has the urge to coach again (or you're Joe Dumars and Larry Brown becomes available) you don't just fire the coach after your most successful seaons in 6 years.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It's always a possibility. According to insiders, JVG and Les got into it a couple times last season. And even though we made the playoffs, it wasn't exactly a good season, especially compared to the strides Memphis/Denver/and Utah made last season.

While I think we will have a good season, I don't think Les will hesitate to ax JVG if the team doesn't perform as expected. If JVG can't run an offense with TMac/Yao, Les will find someone that can.

17. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

This vote tells me how good a job CD, JVG, and Les have done assembling the team. Kudos to them!

Now it's Jeff and the players' turn to get it done.

18. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Agreed.
    We have a pretty good team now. If we get anything less than 50 wins(minus any injuries :( ) , someone should be held accountable, and it'd probably be JVG.

19. dback816

dback816 Member

Im one of the 6 (as right now) who voted for over 60 wins...who are the other 5? :D

Anyways, when is training camp and preseason starting? ...

20. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

"chemisty is over rated"- did you watch this years "dream team"?