1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now I have heard everything

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

No sympathy from Houston sports fan regarding injuries. I don't care if we teabag their towelboys 4 straight games Golden State is just another team, another obstacle in the way.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

mavsprick

top 20 players aren't simply "good role players"

are you saying there are just less than 10 superstars in the league and the rest are simply role players?

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

name your top 20 you LOF

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mavsprick

Everyone knows ur the #1 Lamb Only Fan

5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Green and Klay are both perennial All Stars who might as well be household names...
    Green was also DPOY last season and Klay who isn't too shabby on defense was an ALL-NBA 3rd team selection two years in a row in 15 and 16 haha; something tells me the Warriors aren't the only team team in the league who would pay max money for these guys....

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Dude F ESPN....anyone who knows basketball can agree that Draymon and Klay are top 20 to 25 players...

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It’s stupid that these guys are saying that but..... I’m on record having said that about Green and klay.

In fact I had this debate about a week ago lol.

Klay and Green are good role players.

I’m not a curry fan but he’s legit transcendent alltime mvp player of course he makes guys look better.

Just like harden and cp3 are making EG and Capela look like boarderline allstars.

Imo EG is a better offensive player as a whole than klay. Klay is just more consistent of a 3pt shooter but everything else Gordon does better.

Klay and Gordon Imo are similar in skill defensively but Klay is 6’7 EG is 6’3.

Klay is overrated as a defender. He’s a good defender but his label as this elite stopper is ridiculous.

He’s know Roberson or kawhi.

He’s not even as good as Jru Holiday on that end of the court.

Green and klay need to think their lucky stars they play with curry cause he’s made them rich and household names and in all likelihood HOF players.

Bobsputin likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am really confused.
    Are the warriors still a good team? I can't keep up with all these narrative changes. From what I am hearing..it's just Durant and some role players. Basically OKC without westbrook.

heypartner, slothy420 and vince like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

so it’s stupid to now be saying that GS is now just KD and some good role players which was my point...

slothy420, arubato and Elephant810 like this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Absolutely...

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

"Steph is the greatest ever of all all time and his team is made up of people off of the bleachers, I mean that is before Durant joined and changed everything for the 73 win team he joined" - Broussard towards end of 2018 season.

hahah these guys are really digging trying to get that angle ready for the whole MJ wasn't in the league bullshit even though he was in 95...I honestly hope Houston runs the playoffs to the chip gets some more stars in the offseason, and then repeats a few times just to shut them the **** up. Or GSWs implode, I'm good with that too...

slothy420 likes this.
  12. arubato

arubato Member

ALL STAR reserves not ROLE PLAYERS reserves.

[​IMG]

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Chris Paul is a better player than each one of them. It is a shame Paul was not named an all-star.

slothy420 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. arubato

arubato Member

Absolutely!

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the hate is real

16. vince

vince Member

Hilarious, how these talking heads are back tracking about the Warriors without Curry. Any team with Three All-stars better be thought of more highly than susceptible to being eliminated in the first round. The excuses by the media for the Warriors is backwards and illogical. This means neither Klay nor Green should have been all-stars. Chir Paul got robbed the honor!!

I think they know that the Rockets have as good a team as anyone to win the title. And it’s scaring them because, the NBA loves the Golden State vs. LeBron angle so much all the way to the Bank.

I think the TV broadcasters are dreading the ratings of a Toronto vs. Houston finals.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Do you think before the host of said show goes on set they plan what they going to say?
    OR
    Do you think they have writers and are just puppets?
    OR
    Do you think they are just talking off the cuff then say something stupid => to save their credibility one says something even more stupid to prove the first stupid thing was fact thus proving their point at this time? (Used to work before technology).

I believe it’s the ladder and IF they were to watch themselves they would just laugh. With the thought “I hope someone believes this “stuff”. More worried about ratings than content => ratings keep the host employed.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

These idiots are just covering their bases now. They know there's a real possibility Houston wins it this year. :eek:

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The media calling Klay and Draymond role players is a good thing. It makes them more likely to jump ship when they’re unrestricted to sign with one of the many teams that will throw a max contract at them to let them prove themselves on their own team. Klay especially should be wondering if he might be James Harden right now if he had gotten traded early on (remember the Klay for Love rumors back in the day?).

20. Rockets4Life13

Media people love to change their opinion on specific players to fit into their argument. They do it all the time.

Best example is colin cowherd. This guy would love to be LeBron's husband i swear.

Harden has a 60 pt tripple double - Colin : Who cares, it was against Orlando and he was statpadding
    Lebron has a tripple double - Colin: Lebron can do everything! he had a tripple double! MVP! James Harden doesnt play defense (Lebron is way worse in def. rating)

Broussard is fine tho. He is one of the more consistent people in the Media. But that was a bit ridiculous.