1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now I have heard everything

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 28, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Kevin Durant... Who is that?

That doesn't sound like the name of a consummate professional who I hope retires as a Rocket.

#21 napalm06, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

There's a narrative for every situation and every view...

quit caring about irrelevant talking heads... they are just high dollar trolls....

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is part of the reason Clutchfans is here and why it is such a success going on 20 years. You get fans here but you get the truth. With two weeks left before the end of the season, the media shows you who you know they are. All of a sudden, LIKE THE OTHER TWO TIMES, someone else should be MVP. Fortunately, they can't succeed this time. Second, already laying out the excuses for why the Rockets deserve no respect WHEN they win, they got lucky. When the Rockets faced the Warriors in the WCF down two starters no one mentioned it once. This is precisely why Morey and Co will do everything possible to bring in LBJ or anyone else. The way to shut this crap up is to create a dynasty that leaves the NBA a wasteland for the next several years. Winning is all that matters. You never get the respect from those asshats but the checks don't bounce and those trophies have a nice shine to them. The media is fine with everyone else having a dynasty but the suggestion that Houston might get another star is unfair. F'em, they can change the rules after the Rockets leave it all in ashes. LA and NY aren't the center of the world.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

These are the guys Steph won 73 games with...

Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Steph Curry had the best offensive season of all time. He was the reason they won that many games.

Kevin Durant turns that team in to a slow ball moving unit that requires Klay Thompson to make plays off the dribble.

Totally different unit without Curry who runs screens and creates an amazing amount of confusion.

7. Invisible Fan

Yeah, they might or might not just be a team of beta scrubs.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  8. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

yep doesn't sound that great when he says can KD who is officially considered as the second greatest player (and greatest by him) partnered with a top ten NBA player as rated by ESPN in Draymond Green along with the best two way shooting guard who is also historically a top 5 three point shooter in Klay be enough to win a championship..

slothy420 likes this.
  9. jayfree

jayfree Member

This is why a true MVP trophy doesn't make sense. You can't have the best player and the best team in the same year. If you have a great team around you then how can you say the player is the reason. But if a player has a great year around role players then that team is not going to win as many games. The MVP trophy will always be up to debate for this reason.

10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

The best part of the whole conversation is Nick. He basically says "WTF you talking about?", but in a nicer way and with facts. Trying to keep them straight.

Good Job Nick. Keep it up!! (i mean the good work, not the other thing).

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Then why do they rate Klay higher than Harden? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

12. Invisible Fan

If you judge by all star selection, Chris Paul is just a good role player.

That's why half this board is salty with the media

tmacfor35 likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I am so sick of all this Warriors/MVP/Raptors/LeBron/Blazers/etc. BS that I just want my guys to win it all so I can sit back for a few months and laugh as I give constant middle fingers while watching ESPN.

slothy420 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Every time i think those analysts can't become more embarassing, they do lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. j@amc

j@amc Member

Klay deserves more respect...He really is an elite player. I guess GS will be an underdog in their first round matchup. Maybe they’ll just squeak by. Lol.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I rarely listen to what the media has to say about players. Their opinions don't even matter to me. I, like many others just form my own opinion about who I like or who I don't. All those analysts, critics, coaches, players and broadcasters are just human, and their opinions can be biased just like anyone else.

saleem likes this.
  17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

The media has a job to do and if they are all in sync agreeing with the majority opinion, then they aren’t doing their job.

Ratings, hot takes, frustrated viewers - all tied together.

All the responses only reinforce the behavior.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Klay is just an over glamorized slightly taller JJ Redick. We have all known this.
    Away from the Warriors system/Curry does not make the all star game.

Draymond is a good player for doing the dirty work well. But does not equate to all star level on other teams.

Iggy production has fallen off the cliff. Last year he may have been a notch better than Ariza. Notch or two
    less than Ariza this year.

Curry has nagging health concerns that will hamper him much like in 15/16 playoffs.

Durant is Durant. The one player who will flip the switch in the playoffs....but not enough to overcome Houston

Rest are hit and miss scrubs.
    West is dragging down the stretch, Nene is better.
    Nick Young takes bad shots. Will shoot them into games and then shoot them out of games. Short leash.
    Bell is a rookie.
    Casspi gives up more points than he can help generate.
    Cook will be scouted in time for playoffs.
    McCaw sucks.
    Looney sucks.
    MeGee is lost in space. Probably dunk in our basket more than once.
    Zaza is a major dufus.

Who did I miss?

topinjs likes this.
  19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It's fair to say that the Warriors lose something playing with Durant in Curry's place, even if Durant is the better player. Chemistry, style, complementary skill sets, etc. can all matter just as much as talent.

That said, Klay and Draymond have already been 2A / 2B on a championship team and again on a 73 win team. Curry or no Curry, they're still clearly the 2nd best team in the West with a healthy Durant and will defeat whoever they face in the first round.

20. Invisible Fan

Someone take those ASG selections back.

I thought coaches selected the bench because they were the sane ones?

slothy420 likes this.